Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 14:40   #151
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I am hoping in every iteration that Ford would offer android auto, TPMS etc on the T+ variant, the only AT variant they have. But it doesn't seem to be coming. They dont seem to want to offer AT on the S trim either. I am in the market for an automatic and in all probablity will have to go for another brand. I can't imagine paying 15 lacs and having to use my phone for maps.
Even if fuel economy isn't a concern for you, the FE for EcoSport P AT seems abysmal. For all the saturation of the C-SUV market, a proper and reliable automatic seems missing. Hyundai's DCT has already shown heating issues in stop and go traffic, some have reported the same in the hills due to excessive gear shifts. Brezza's is an ancient 4 speed AT. I won't even mention the AMTs in this segment.

Here's hoping the Sonet diesel AT works out.
RoadMonkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:28   #152
BHPian

With the launch of new crossovers, the ecosport will definately feel the heat. Previous facelift which was introduced in 2017 was very much needed and along with new petrol engine, new interiors have done their deed well. But off late, to be in the game, ford has to do something out of the box, which no other competitor can provide and that I think is 4wd. As AWD Duster is off the shelf and if 4wd Ecosport is manufactured here in India, than it wll be The Trump Card which will keep the Ecosport alive in the scene. It will provide the USP which no other competitor can provide and prove Ecosport as the only True SUV on the block. What say Other BHPians??

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 22nd August 2020 at 12:29.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 13:35   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
ford has to do something out of the box, which no other competitor can provide and that I think is 4wd.
Existing Ford Ecosport is already capable of 4WD and it is present in South American markets as range topping Ecosport Storm variant.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/ford-ecosport...etails-849944/

The pricing of ~20L as mentioned in this article will put it in the ballpark of Scorpio/XUV500/Tucson all of whom are bigger than Ecosport. I don't think it will sell well.

Ecosport's USP is it's Ford DNA and it just needs a proper new generation to get back on the top rankings
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 23:15   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Guys, an update on DPF illumination for TDCi? It's 8 months since the BS6 was launched. There has to be some cases where someone experienced it. I have seen reports on the Seltos, the Harrier and other cars in this forum. However, none has reported this in Ecosport/Freestyle. Infact, I checked some Whatsapp groups too but no one has got it. Sounds a bit strange to be honest.
I have clocked 790 kms in my ES. Today I saw something which I think was the regen cycle kicking in. This is my assumption, it’s either this or something else is wrong with my car! First, the car was idling close to 1k after a 20km drive. I noticed it as the idle sound wasn’t as usual and the car always idled at 750 before. Second, while driving, the fuel economy was dropping and the instantaneous meter also showed more consumption than usual.
Will check if things get back to normal tomorrow.
carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 10:38   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
As AWD Duster is off the shelf and if 4wd Ecosport is manufactured here in India, then it wll be The Trump Card which will keep the Ecosport alive in the scene. What say Other BHPians??
If technically feasible and a cost effective solution can be found, it would certainly differentiate the Ecosport. The typical buyer is not looking for AWD, but if it can be added in the top end with a reasonable price premium, people may still go for it, given the market today seems to be blindly tilted towards top end variant of any new launch. People want every available feature, no matter if they need it or not.

The Jeep Renegade was supposed to occupy this spot, but never arrived. The Brazilian version of the Ecosport covered below has a very different powertrain, it is a large NA engine of 2 litres. (I guess this could be the 4 cylinder version of our 3 pot dragon). I am not sure that particular AWD system can be mated to the smaller 3 cylinder dragon we get here, since the torque may not be sufficient. Better bet would be to mate the AWD with the Diesel engine. The proven DV5 engine has enough grunt for mild off-road applications. However, pricing will be a challenge. The top end Ecosport Sport MT Diesel already retails at 11.7 lakhs and adding 1 lakh for an all drive system would take the price to 12.7 lakhs - very close to that of a Mahindra Thar LX Diesel MT, which is priced at 12.99 lakhs. Moreover the Thar can provide an Diesel+AWD+Auto option for just another lakh, at 13.75 lakhs and the Ecosport has no diesel auto yet. And people who seriously want 4WD will pick the Thar anyway!

I think Ford would be better placed to channel their efforts to provide a good TC or DCT automatic with the Diesel Ecosport, for a reasonable price. The Sonet does offer this, but is pricey. The Sonet HTK+ lacks important features and the GTX+ Diesel Auto is way too expensive at nearly 13 lakhs. If Ecosport can offer a Trend Diesel Auto at 9.99 lakhs and a Titanium Diesel Auto at 10.99, it can capture some customers who are put off by the the lack of affordable and good quality Diesel Auto cars in the segment.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 8th October 2020 at 10:41.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 11:19   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think Ford would be better placed to channel their efforts to provide a good TC or DCT automatic with the Diesel Ecosport, for a reasonable price. The Sonet does offer this, but is pricey. The Sonet HTK+ lacks important features and the GTX+ Diesel Auto is way too expensive at nearly 13 lakhs.
True. I don't think 4WD is truly relevant in the price bracket which the compact SUVs occupy. I myself at looking for a good diesel CSUV with a auto box and the pricey Sonet is my only real option, though a very good one. If the Ecosport TDCI had come with a reliable TC gearbox, I would probably have considered that as my first pick over the Sonet. The top end Sonet diesel auto is 16 lakhs on road Bangalore.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 09:42   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quick question to members owning BS6 diesel Ecosports - Is there any requirement of adding any fluids / additives to the engine (Adblue etc)? If yes, when are you required to do this? Is there any additional things to be done or observed during the normal usage of the vehicle, or is all of this taken care of at the service center during regular servicing? Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere- but want to reconfirm this from existing users.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 14th October 2020 at 09:54.
Old 14th October 2020, 10:32   #158
BHPian

I purchased BS6 Ecosport diesel in March 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Is there any requirement of adding any fluids / additives to the engine (Adblue etc)?
No.
Quote:
Is there any additional things to be done or observed during the normal usage of the vehicle, or is all of this taken care of at the service center during regular servicing?
'30 mins of highway run once in a while to burn off DPF clogging' is what I was told by the SA. Nothing apart from that. I haven't seen any dashboard warnings or any change in the overall behavior of the vehicle in the 4K km running in last 5 months. My running is a 30:70 mix of highway:city. The car has gone through the first service wherein the engine oil/filter was changed on my insistence (routine stuff). HTH.
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 00:52   #159
BHPian

Ecosport Sync system updated to new UI.

A friend of mine left his BS6 Ecosport S connected with home wifi overnight and found his sync 3 system got updated with new UI ! Was smitten by the over the air update feature.

The updated UI looks cool in the day mode. However, the night mode with the black UI was replaced with a dark blue one which might not be everyone's liking. He also noticed minor improvements in call clarity as well.

Day Mode
Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-img_20201016_173827.jpg

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-img_20201016_173846.jpg

Night Mode
Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-img_20201016_173916.jpg

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-img_20201016_173940.jpg
northstar* is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 12:50   #160
SS4
BHPian

Ran the Sync 3.4 update on cousin’s BS6 Ecosport and we found the system to be laggy when compared to previous version (3.3). The update process went on for about 40 minutes.

Pictures attached with version numbers for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-95a3e6bda705498eb17914ef5490db36.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-48b9f9b43f7a46aca10305ae3a3326a3.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-90495572c1cb4b07b79b5bbd384f2b32.jpeg  

SS4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 16:41   #161

Hi all,

I’m planning to buy an automatic crossover for my mum. Must have features are AT and 6 airbags. Don’t have much options apart from Ecosport Petrol AT Titanium + and Kia Sonet GT Diesel AT (as don’t want to touch Hyundai Kia DCT)

Would have gone for Kia but the only dealer in my (small) town is trying to fleece me. Wouldn’t sell if I don’t buy 20 30k worth of accessories and not transparent at all. Plus there is a waiting period of 2 to 3 months.

So coming to Ecosport Petrol AT, how good or bad the petrol is in comparison of Diesel wrt of reliability and adequacy of power?

TIA.

Jaatree
Old 10th November 2020, 09:57   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I purchased BS6 Ecosport diesel in March 2020.
No.
How has the overall drive experience and performance been with the TDCI? Has the engine opened up and as driveable/tractable from lower RPMs as the earlier iterations of the TDCI motor? How is the clutch and gearbox performing in traffic situations - manageable or are you facing any difficulties?

Lastly, is the rife quality decent on bad city roads/potholes/speed breakers etc? Would be good to know a BS6 model owner's perspective!
Old 10th November 2020, 11:51   #163
BHPian

Quote:
How has the overall drive experience and performance been with the TDCI? Has the engine opened up and as driveable/tractable from lower RPMs as the earlier iterations of the TDCI motor?
The odo is just shy of 5K km now. I do feel the engine has opened up nicely. I've been able to use the third gear pretty much like an AT in city traffic. On highway, I've managed to touch 100kmph comfortably. Didn't get an opportunity to go faster.

Quote:
How is the clutch and gearbox performing in traffic situations - manageable or are you facing any difficulties?
Truth be told, I feel clutch is better in Ecosport (so far !) than what I had in Figo. Even Mrs (who was the primary driver of Figo) concurred the same. Easily manageable in traffic because of better driveability of the engine combined with comparatively lighter clutch.

Quote:
Lastly, is the rife quality decent on bad city roads/potholes/speed breakers etc? Would be good to know a BS6 model owner's perspective!
I don't believe ride quality of Ecosport has changed in BS6 model. With around 5K km running, I see that the suspension components are now 'set-in'. They seem to respond better to speed-breakers. Having said that, as it is widely known, the suspension of Ecosport is on harder side (may be for arresting body-roll caused by taller body and of course for better handling). It does tend to become jarring for the rear passengers at low speeds. Things are better at medium speeds and highway speeds are a bliss.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase with respect to the build quality, ground clearance, mileage (which is better than what I used to get from Figo), diesel torque and of course driving pleasure. Thankfully, I haven't faced any BS6-specific issues yet. Fingers crossed!
RishikeshK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 12:07   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaatree View Post
Hi all,

Would have gone for Kia but the only dealer in my (small) town is trying to fleece me. Wouldn’t sell if I don’t buy 20 30k worth of accessories and not transparent at all. Plus there is a waiting period of 2 to 3 months.
The 20-30k accessories is just because of the incentive margin. You can drop an email and check the response.

A salesperson may earn 1-2k as margin on it; so if "at all" you want to, you can give him a gift or cash and avoid the compulsory accessories (unless the sales manager is controlling the subordinates).
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 20:20   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
The 20-30k accessories is just because of the incentive margin. You can drop an email and check the response.

A salesperson may earn 1-2k as margin on it; so if "at all" you want to, you can give him a gift or cash and avoid the compulsory accessories (unless the sales manager is controlling the subordinates).
Dropped Sonet from the list after finding about Seltos’s GNcap result. Now its between just Nexon and Ecosport. Nexon's amt isn’t exciting so most probably it’s Ecosport Titanium + AT petrol. Shame it doesn’t have apple car play/android auto and sync 3. :( No isofix either. :(

Why can’t we have a fully loaded version in cars? Would have happily paid extra if these features were offered at least as an option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks