Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 16:39   #76
BHPian

Re: 2019 Tata Tiago facelift in the works

Here's a video of that ugly speedometer on start up. Arcade games screen looks much better than this IMO.
SpideyBoy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 17:56   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Here's a video of that ugly speedometer on start up. Arcade games screen looks much better than this IMO.
+1 ! These supposedly "modern" consoles make me want to go back to old cars with those mechanical/electric gauges. Those are so much more elegant.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 18:13   #78
BHPian

I hope, but don't expect that this new instrument cluster will have automatic brightness control like all smart phones. It's awfully bright for nighttime driving!

Tata used to have genuinely thoughtful touches on their cars in the past but these days their marketing machine has taken over and they have joined the gimmick party. So sad. Too bad.

Last edited by Motard_Blr : 1st October 2019 at 18:14.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 18:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I hope, but don't expect that this new instrument cluster will have automatic brightness control like all smart phones. It's awfully bright for nighttime driving!
I'm not sure about the automatic brightness, but it might get duller when the lights are on as how the infotainment screen behaves.
Old 1st October 2019, 20:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/ftCUJu23u-s
I don't understand why people aren't liking this. Tbh, I think it is cool and Tata can be credited for bringing many premium features of cars from segments above, I think this is one such case. Most buyers will find it very cool and I am confident this will be a highlighted feature for the updated Tiago.

I can understand if any readout/feature of the analog system from the old Tiago is lost in the new digital setup, but I don't think that's the case.
SaiSW is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 09:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsp View Post
Spotted this camouflaged Tiago yesterday in Kalewadi, Pune. Sorry for the quality of image as I clicked it with my mobile.
It was having rear parking sensors as well as rear camera.
IIRC, the Tiago does not have a reverse camera even on the XZ+ variant. This could mean 2 things: Tata has added a reverse camera, or they are planning on introducing a new top-end (but that is unlikely).
The bumper is not painted (or is it painted)? This could be for testing purposes.
Also, the bumper elements have been tweaked and there’s no rear fog lamp housing. So this is most likely to be the facelift.

Quote:
Looks like there is a lot of hate for the new cluster
But a crucial change is, there is a temperature gauge ! Look in the video.

Of course, it would be a different story altogether if Tata removes it after a while.

Last edited by artemis_fowl : 2nd October 2019 at 09:10.
artemis_fowl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:51   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata indeed soft-launched the revision with digital consoles on XZ+/XZA+ of the Tiago/Tigor silently. Interestingly - the lower trims will continue to come with the bi-pod analogue gauges!! So Tata - like Renault - trying to position the digital console as a premium feature? I guess thats what the younger generation prefers perhaps then. Seems there has been a price tweak too? Not sure.

Link - News18 Article of launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I don't understand why people aren't liking this. Tbh, I think it is cool and Tata can be credited for bringing many premium features of cars from segments above, I think this is one such case. Most buyers will find it very cool and I am confident this will be a highlighted feature for the updated Tiago.
Its personal tastes of course some will like, some wont (I don't like digital stuff!). For now I think majority of existing car owners will feel this is ugly & not classy like the sweet bi-pod dials we are used to see. Perhaps for folks buying their first car - this would be more catchy & upmarket.

Also - note that its an illuminated LCD with continuously moving gauge for RPM. Its not even subtle like the Triber & is quite wide. I feel it will be a bit of a distraction, especially in the dark if it doesn't dim sufficiently when headlights are on. I'd get quite irritated with it when driving I'm sure already.

One certain positive addition is what seems like the return of the temperature gauge. It had gone missing in the previous design update (same flowed over to Nexon too). I always prefer to have the temperature gauge.

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd October 2019 at 11:58.
Old 4th October 2019, 18:07   #83
Senior - BHPian

More images: Tata Tiago facelift spied

New images of the Tata Tiago facelift have surfaced online revealing the car's revised front end.

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-zwtiagofl1_560x420.jpg

The Tiago is expected to get styling inspired by the Altroz. The test car has a new front grille with horizontal slats instead of the honeycomb design of the existing model. It has new wraparound headlamp clusters as well as a redesigned front bumper and fog lamp pods. The test vehicle has the same tail lamp cluster as the present model. However, the car could get a new rear bumper.

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-zwtiagofl2_720x540.jpg

The Tiago facelift is expected to be powered by a BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine, while the 1.05-litre diesel is likely to be discontinued. At present, the petrol unit puts out 84 BHP and 114 Nm of peak torque and is offered with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT gearbox.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 10:49   #84
BHPian

Manufacturers are fooling consumers. Yeah, this is digital but not proper advanced lcd screens like those in luxury cars/ even mid-tier cars abroad
This is just manufacturers fooling consumers using 80s and 90s technology.
I think this has more to do with marketing & look cool that practicality. Or maybe they are testing out "digital" Speedos to find out the reaction before using in their electric cars?
This kind of clusters used to exist in old Japanese and some American cars - even Non-sports cars(albeit most of them were had green backlight)

1989 Corvette C4

Honda s2000
https://images.app.goo.gl/F8grVZycZD5AwmVf8

I really like the S2000 speedo though

If Tata can make it look good rather than tacky in real life maybe it will work.
ZenMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 11:37   #85
BHPian

True that digital speedometers were introduced way back in developed countries but I think we should not be comparing that with what we're being offered here in the budget segment. Because if we start doing so we'll realize that features such AMT gearboxes(introduced in India by after 2010) - have been available since the 1970s and 6 airbags in budget cars (which still is available in only a few cars under 10 lacs) are available in the US since considerable time (for example the basic chevy spark (erstwhile beat in India)gets 6 airbags )

Last edited by Shashwat.75 : 5th October 2019 at 11:52.
Shashwat.75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 14:21   #86
BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/ftCUJu23u-s
I quite like this!!!! Looks modern.. Looks like beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Palio_2005 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 17:29   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I can understand if any readout/feature of the analog system from the old Tiago is lost in the new digital setup, but I don't think that's the case.
Infact the later tiagos had the digital temp and fuel gauge deleted from both the pods. This is a welcome move as they're both present now.

I don't get the hullabaloo either. Looks are subjective after all..
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 17:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

What the Tiago needs is a new set of potent engines and not a facelift, if they're going to persist with the same impotent gutless engines in this heavy body then it's a waste of money and time from Tata.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 14:52   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
What the Tiago needs is a new set of potent engines and not a facelift, if they're going to persist with the same impotent gutless engines in this heavy body then it's a waste of money and time from Tata.
I think unless one is looking for outright performance, the current engines are perfectly adequate from a commuter perspective.
Those wanting that extra oomph, can always consider the JTP twins.

To me the tiago and tigor look like a pretty well rounded package.
Turrrb0 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 15:19   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I don’t think a 110hp 1.2 Turbo is impotent or gutless for a 7 Lakh car. Its also the most powerful car under 10 lakhs now. I guess other companies should start catching up to Tata now.
Aditya_Bhp is online now   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks