Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2020, 13:16   #226
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
if you have people occupying back seat (in my case aged parents) go for the tigor eyes closed. It has got a full size contoured seat with armrest and slightly more legroom than the Tiago. All these will be appreciated when you do a roadtrip of > 200 Kms. Another reason is the projector lamp,status of a sedan( representative) and for me the push button boot open ( no bending or contorting to pull lever like Tiago). And all people who have seen my car really like the design and the dark blue colour.
This is exactly why we decided to go with the Tigor. There are quite a few additional features like keyless entry, push button start, projector headlamps plus tigor felt more spacious than the Tiago. We mainly require the car for highway runs and boot space was must.

Regards

Pranav
Old 17th November 2020, 11:27   #227
BHPian

For someone looking at automatic options Tigor XMA is just 15k more than Tiago XZA. That is a good enough reason to go for it unless you require all the features of XZA. For some weird reason Tiago does not have XMA model which would have been a good value proposition.
Maverick Avi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 05:56   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

This video came up on my feed. Warranty declared void for a 2-month old Tigor.

Generally, have not heard/seen the Indian OEMs being so finicky with warranty terms. It almost feels like a VAG group story.

Gist of the issue -
  1. Owner replaced bulbs to LEDs
  2. Car started throwing 'some' error in the console
  3. Owner continued to drive it after that, and raised it in first service
  4. Service center refused to fix it blaming the aftermarket install and advised him to get it removed.
  5. Owner did not remove it immediately, due to some travel plans.
  6. While on the trip, after a brief stop, car refused to start.
  7. Car was towed to a service center next day, where the error codes were probably checked and analysed.
  8. Service center diagnosed the problem as a busted BCM
  9. Cause(s) as per service center - aftermarket headlight bulb, ambient light install (powered by the cig lighter socket).
  10. Pictures of a 'cut' wire shared to customer as the final reason for the issue. On the face of it, looks more like a abrasion than a cut.
  11. Customer needs to pay for replacement (~ 10k) as the warranty is void due to these aftermarket installs.

EDIT: Going by the pinned comment, seems TML is in loop. But, could not gather any other update if it was resolved or not.

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-tigortmlcomment.png

Last edited by Dry Ice : 25th November 2020 at 06:04. Reason: format
Old 25th November 2020, 07:34   #229
BHPian

An update: yesterday i got a call from local service center. TML is calling most owners of BS6 Tiago/Tigor to check and update headlamps if needed. The service center guys will pour water on the headlamps and will check if water will get into the headlamps. If the water enters, the headlamp will be replaced. For my tigor, water didnt enter headlamp and replacement was not needed.
sairamboko is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 10:31   #230

As per rushlane, tata tigor is being tested with turbo petrol option and will be revealed in 2021.
https://www.rushlane.com/2021-tata-t...-12385714.html
Old 23rd December 2020, 20:30   #231
BHPian

I just booked the ZMA+ Blue variant for my wife. She was keen on the Triber (I know...totally different segment) but first, we don't need that much space as it's going to be used only by my wife to go to her school where she teaches and pick our child. Second, I was very doubtful of the build quality thanks to Kwid horror stories but I did love the fact that it had 4 air bags.
Correctly then I saw a YouTube Autocar channel and noticed this car. It looked brilliant, although I felt the rear was more egg shaped like. However more I saw the car in pics the more I was impressed but I didn't see it in person yet as I have tested COVID positive and on quarantine.
Besides, my biggest concern was safety and not speed as her max speed is 40 kmph!
And I totally trust Tata and Mahindra with safety.
Anyway, my questions are on AMT. The first time I drove an AMT is the Triber and I wasn't impressed (have tried all other automatics so far). Any comments on how the AMT fares?
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 08:10   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
However more I saw the car in pics the more I was impressed but I didn't see it in person yet as I have tested COVID positive and on quarantine.
Besides, my biggest concern was safety and not speed as her max speed is 40 kmph!
Anyway, my questions are on AMT. The first time I drove an AMT is the Triber and I wasn't impressed (have tried all other automatics so far). Any comments on how the AMT fares?
First of all, I hope you are doing better or have already recovered from covid and everyone else at home is also well!

It's great to see that people have strated to trust home grown products to offer good safety!

AMT in any any car will remain just that - Automated 'Manual' Transmission. Give a different ECU or do whatever, it cannot match the other automatics of this world.

Having said that, the speeds which you anticipate your wife to drive at, I am sure, AMT would do the job just fine. The easier you go on throttle, the better it feels. You just cannot rush an AMT unit into anything.

For everyday city driving it's all good.

I too own an AMT from TATA (Nano XTA) and it does an excellent job of keeping my left hand and feet relaxed. I have even taken it out on highways and it did not disappoint me there either.

Take a test drive and drive the way you see it driving it most of the times. That should ideally fix the deal for you. All the best!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 11:58   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good call on the safety front! Even if it's just city use, we don't have control on how fast the other vehicle is going to be traveling - there's nothing called too much safety!

On AMT - in manual tranny cars, remember how you'll (1) let go the throttle when the RPM has reached a certain level, (2) depress the clutch, (3) shift the gear, (4) let go the clutch, (5) accelerate again? With AMT, you should do step # (1) - you can choose when the gear is shifted by modulating the accelerator pedal. Pin it down and upshift will happen late, let it go early and (if the speed/ RPM is right) it'll upshift early. But if you maintain the accelerator, the car will climb to a certain speeds and upshift - even while you're accelerating. This is close to not letting go of the A pedal when clutching/ shifting in a manual car, and will cause your head to bob back and forth.

If you follow accelerate - let go the A pedal to allow upshift - accelerate, the experience will be comparatively smoother. It's a matter of practice, and not too difficult to get it into your muscle memory.

All the best for your new drive
ph03n!x is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 18:30   #234
BHPian

So just finished the test drive and I was very pleasantly surprised by the initial pickup. I drove it like a typical automatic (I know I have advice above on how to reduce the head nod) but I know my wife won't do all that and for her it's push accelerator and brake when needed and that's it...so I drove it on the same behavior but despite that, the pause between gears and the head nod was very less noticeable and I had expected worst considering some of the reviews I seen (the AMT Triber I drew earlier wasn't as good as this)
I was very impressed by the feel of solidness all around and the drive comfort..you know it's not something built to a cost unlike other similarly priced car, took it to the rough road areas and it handled it flawlessly. This was EXACTLY what I was looking for my family and whatever priorities I had was nailed perfectly. Told them to proceed with it ASAP. Just slightly confused between the Deep red and Arizona blue color.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 13:58   #235
BHPian

New 8-Speaker Surround Sound System of the Tigor, starting ₹5.39 Lakh*

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-ertaaaauuaablvj.jpg

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-ertaac4vqaaahhl.jpg

Link to Announcement

Tigor Website
kamilharis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 14:15   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Just slightly confused between the Deep red and Arizona blue color.
Well? Which one is it, then?
Old 29th January 2021, 15:23   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Well? Which one is it, then?
Deep red it is but the dealers are just not giving me any update for the past 3 weeks....getting annoying.
Old 31st January 2021, 16:53   #238
BHPian

I have my 3rd free service coming for my Tigor next month. I have gold amc. Will it cover even wheel alignment and balancing also ? Also any preference for engine oil , since it will be changed.
Old 6th February 2021, 19:21   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Tiago Victory Yellow and Tectonic Blue colour to be discontinued and be replaced with Arizona Blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-0f17d9a2262041ed8ba4667ff6cc4be9.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 08:54   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have my 3rd free service coming for my Tigor next month. I have gold amc. Will it cover even wheel alignment and balancing also ? Also any preference for engine oil , since it will be changed.
The 3rd service was a smooth affair. Engine oil and oil filter changed, Wheel Alignment and balancing done, tyre rotation was done too. There was an update for the car. Took around 30 mins to flash the update. As per my SA, the update is for better accuracy of fuel levels , increased mileage and better driving experience. Not seeing much change post the update. Also I was grinning after seeing the bill - 0 INR, thanks to gold AMC.

P.S - on the other hand, it was good to see the service center brimming with vehicles for service. Showroom was also busy with deliveries. Tiago, Nexon and Altroz main sellers. Saw few Tigors for delivery too. Good to see Tata back on track.
sairamboko is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks