Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 09:45   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh

Tata Tiago, Tigor CNG variants spotted testing. Test mules are based on facelifted models

Quote:
Both the test mules were captured at CNG filling station near Lonavala. The CNG versions are likely to be launched in the country later this year.
Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-smartselect_20210216094304_chrome.jpg

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-smartselect_20210216094313_chrome.jpg

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-smartselect_20210216094323_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 12:21   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see this - but both these cars will have their work cut-out to make an impact on the sales charts. MSIL has consolidated its position in the CNG world since a long time now and is almost unbeatable. Ideally these 2 should have arrived in the showroom last year just when the diesel variants were pulled out.

If Tata really wants the Tigor CNG to take off - they have to go for something unique that nobody is offering right now. Perhaps a Tigor CNG + AMT? Unless they pull something like this out of the bag - I feel the Tiago CNG will sell fine, but Tigor might not. It really needs something unique (other than the safety that doesn't seem to matter in the segment) to challenge the DZire CNG otherwise.

Off Topic - this is one case where the camouflage has actually given away the secret instantly! If they actually wanted to hide the development - these cars should have been running like normal cars without the camouflage wrap. People would have simply ignored saying some after-market fitted cars have come for a fill. A camo-wrapped car on test in a CNG line = CNG variants are on the anvil for sure.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th February 2021 at 12:22.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 14:51   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Off Topic - this is one case where the camouflage has actually given away the secret instantly! If they actually wanted to hide the development - these cars should have been running like normal cars without the camouflage wrap. People would have simply ignored saying some after-market fitted cars have come for a fill. A camo-wrapped car on test in a CNG line = CNG variants are on the anvil for sure.
There can be only two reasons for the camouflage to exist, either it must be a mandatory requirement for the homologation process or TML must be trying to grab some attention.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 07:29   #244
Senior - BHPian

Any chance of the 1.2 turbo petrol making its way under the hood ? That would make the Tiago one heck of a car.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 16:50   #245
BHPian

Can someone confirm if the door lock type has changed for Tigor as well, similar to Tiago's? any images would help as well
Old 26th February 2021, 18:39   #246
BHPian

So finally got the Tigor and enjoying it. Here are my findings/experience so far:

1. Planned to upgrade the Goodyear tyres but honestly they are pretty comfortable. Not sure if the road noise will be improved if I do change though.
2. The car feels solid! Even the sheet metal doesn't flex as the others in the same competition. You feel that heft while driving (I drive a Compass which is overtly heavy and a lighter feeling Sunny as well....the Tigor seems to be right in between)
3. Heavy body, well tuned suspension (not sporty but not too soft like the Koreans) and ample ground clearance all leads to a good ride without any worry on broken roads.
4. The AMT head nod isn't there if you drive it normally. But it still felt way better than the AMT Triber I drew just before this (not sure if there are better ones as it's my 2nd AMT experience overall). I did read somewhere on a Tata marketing material saying Tigor has an 'advanced' AMT, is that why they took of the sport mode button or just marketing hype? Not sure. But it doesn't feel out of place anyway compared to the automatics I drove. I drive it sanely...that could be the reason perhaps. Hope it gets better as the KM and service takes place. The only thing I didn't like it sticks at 3rd gear in bridge slopes where in reality should have downshifted to 2 and then to 3 once momentum has been gained...didn't try the 'pedal to the metal' yet though.
5. Wife and myself still get confused with the 'don't push the gear lever all the way to the top for 'P' as it doesn't exist unlike the typical automatics we have. Would take some practice to get that straight.
6. Boot lid and bonnet is satisfyingly heavy. Felt just the opposite when I tried out the Triber and glad that is not the case here.
7. Headlamps, stereo and all other OEM fittings seems very good....no reason to upgrade anything except for maybe sun films but since they aren't legal, thought of putting those magnetic curtains. Huge glass area makes the cabin hot but the A/C works really well.
8. The small things like auto volume increase when the revs go up, the solid feel of the stalks, the light yet nice controllable steering (which comes back to normal position when you finish with a full U Turn. Trust me, I took it for granted and freaked out when again I didn't get that auto turn back when I tested the Triber...don't know if it was just my imagination though)..all this minor minor things still makes an impact on how we appreciate the car.

The bad:
1. Had a horrible experience at the dealer (Gokulam Motors, Kochi). Reached there with my family by morning (had agreed with the salesman the day before that I would be coming the next day). We were just ignored blatantly. The sales person was on leave and he 'arranged' things but we had to wait for an hr and finally had to rush back home due to work commitments and then go again by afternoon, was utterly disastrous. And its been 2 weeks and didn't get the mud flaps/floor mats yet!
2. The car's interior are fine but fit and finish wasn't great. I noted the first day that the passenger side power window panel was jutting out, had to slam it shut for the clips to lock. The same for the door handles in passenger side whereby I had to squeeze it to lock it in place.
3. The chrome strip in the front was aligned when I took the car but once we opened the bonnet and then closed it, one side felt misaligned. I looked for this specifically as a fellow team bhp member who bought a Tigor reported the same incident. Will be uploading the pic.
4. Same for the plastic right in front of the gear gate/housing. Felt very crude and cut with a blunt knife, looks very uneven.

Point 3 and 4 may be nitpicking but just stating it out. I am still convinced on the decision (although back here in Kochi, a Tata small car is equivalent of 'oh he can't afford better'). But made it clear to myself that I would not pick any car that compromises safety of my wife and child, no matter how 'popular' they are and not bothered on pleasing others with my purchase. The more I drove her (been 280 km so far), the more convinced and happy I am about the purchase! Many thanks for all the advice given in this thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-20210217_105634.jpg  

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-20210217_075601.jpg  

rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 09:13   #247
Senior - BHPian

CNG powered test mules of Tiago and Tigor were spotted near Lonavala

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-smartselect_20210301091053_chrome.jpg

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-smartselect_20210301091107_chrome.jpg

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-smartselect_20210301091119_chrome.jpg

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-smartselect_20210301091131_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 11:31   #248
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago XTA variant launched with AMT gearbox at Rs 5.99 lakh.

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-tata_tiago_1614837024375_1614837036098.jpg

Quote:
Commenting on the introduction of this new variant, Mr. Vivek Srivatsa, Head Marketing, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit (PVBU), Tata Motors said, “Fulfilling our brand promise of staying New Forever, we are constantly listening and gathering feedback from the market. The Tiago has received tremendous market response from across regions."
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 11:37   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Tiago XTA variant launched with AMT gearbox at Rs 5.99 lakh.

Attachment 2128400

Source
Good to see that they are taking customer feedback seriously. Was really impressed when they launched the facelifted Harrier (though many previous owners were pissed off) and then changed the door lock mechanism on the Tiago. The various accessory packs available with Altroz are also really good. I see many buyers going for those
udaikalra01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 12:27   #250
BHPian

It seems that Tigor and Tiago XZ+ variants now get a tyre puncture kit along with the spare wheel.

JithinR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 08:20   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
It seems that Tigor and Tiago XZ+ variants now get a tyre puncture kit
It looks like Tata is following Ford's strategy of feature deletion with the removal of the parking sensors and reduction of the spare wheel size to 13'.

Also, it looks like the Tigor still has the old-school pull-type internal door locks, which were updated in the Tiago a few months ago.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 17:01   #252
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago now available in Arizona Blue colour

Tata has quietly introduced a new colour option on the Tiago. The Tectonic Blue shade has been replaced with a deeper shade called Arizona Blue, which is available on the Tigor. The hatchback is also available in Victory Yellow, Flame Red, Pearlescent White, Daytona Grey and Pure Silver.

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-tatatiagoarizonabluecolour9ce1.png

Under the bonnet, the Tiago is powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 85 BHP and 113 Nm. The engine is paired with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT.

Tata Motors had introduced the XTA variant earlier this month. Until recently, the automated manual transmission (AMT) was only available in the XZA and top-spec XZA+ trims.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 18:59   #253
BHPian

I saw a Tiago XM variant in this shade today driven by a doctor. It looked new as the seat covers were not removed yet.

Looks like Tata launched it silently.
Old 11th March 2021, 20:00   #254
BHPian

Thank god that Tata is not following the VW India group strategy and introducing a 'special edition' car every time they remove old colour and introduce a new one. Needless to say, even the colours being offered by Tata are almost symbolic of the classiness with which Tata is playing its card in the market.
Old 12th March 2021, 11:00   #255
BHPian

Nice colour but I would have loved a Nexon like camo colour for the Tiago. The Nexon looks so GANGSTA in that camo green shade. It's badass.

Apologies if it already exists for the Tiago, and I haven't noticed it yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks