Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 13:08   #301
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosjam View Post
A 90k premium over the equivalent petrol variant is a tall ask for a system that is supposed to cost around 30-40k to procure. (This number was given to me by the FNG).
I think the prices of aftermarket CNG kit has gone up in recent times.
I remember the prices to be in the range of 60-70k now.
They told me prices have gone up because of un-availability of kits due to component shortage + china import ban + semiconductor shortage.
I think this is what is causing this steep hike.

Also, un-availability of many alternatives gives the manufacturer an upper hand to price their offering with certain premium.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 13:54   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
I think the prices of aftermarket CNG kit has gone up in recent times.
I remember the prices to be in the range of 60-70k now.
They told me prices have gone up because of un-availability of kits due to component shortage + china import ban + semiconductor shortage.
I think this is what is causing this steep hike.

Also, un-availability of many alternatives gives the manufacturer an upper hand to price their offering with certain premium.
You are right, fitting it from outside costs approx 60K.
What I meant was the procurement costs for the retrofitters is around 40-50K and when purchased in bulk, as an OEM would do, the costs should be around 30-40K per kit.

All OEMs are just taking advantage of market factors and upselling the item in the name of high input costs so that these prices normalize over a period of time.
kosjam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 20:03   #303
BHPian

Completed close to 20k in my 2020 BS6 Tigor AMT MODEL. ANo major issues apart from niggles which i got it sorted with workshop. Offlate there has been jerks in 1st and 2nd gear. Even there is a low pickup after crossing a speed breaker. Sometimes when I floor the pedal to get pickup while overtaking, there is a noise heard. Planning to visit service center around mid May. In the meantime, any idea why this is happening? Is it AMT settings?
sairamboko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 16:13   #304
BHPian

The projector headlamp kit from the tiago CNG variants have not made it to the petrol variants yet.

I don't see the logic here. The CNG variants do not have alloys, but have a projector headlamps. The petrol variants have the alloys, but no projector set up. That reflector set up isn't highway friendly at all. Perhaps tata doesn't understand that a good headlamp setup equates to better safety.

Also, I still do not understand why the tigor does not get the turbo variant, while the Altroz gets it. The same engine, same turbo, same gearbox. It's well within reach. But no, Tata won't do it. Tigor is the weakest product in Tata's portfolio despite being the most VFM package. I hope they put some focus on it and improve on what needs to be done.

Last edited by Benoit : 11th July 2022 at 16:15.
Benoit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 16:22   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post

Also, I still do not understand why the tigor does not get the turbo variant, while the Altroz gets it...what needs to be done.
I think it's ok that Tiago doesn't get a turbo petrol but Altroz getting the Tiago NA engine instead of the one in Nexon is sort of baffling.

It's not like Altroz or even the Punch is a sufficiently powered car for the weight that it carries.

Next I think they would get DCA in Nexon which currently makes do with an AMT.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 16:32   #306
Senior - BHPian

The Tata Tigor is now available in a new Opal White option with black roof.

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-smartselect_20220817162925_twitter.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 20:57   #307
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on my YouTube feed.

Did not know Tiago was available in black. Doesn't look like midnight plum to me. Maybe its the lighting.

Old 17th August 2022, 22:33   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
I think it's ok that Tiago doesn't get a turbo petrol but Altroz getting the Tiago NA engine instead of the one in Nexon is sort of baffling.
There's an Altroz variant available with a turbocharged petrol engine.
Old 21st September 2022, 16:46   #309
BHPian

Can the projector headlamp units be retrofitted from the Tigor, onto the tiago?

Even for the LED DRL's? Has any bhpian done it? I have the 2021 xza+ and I'd really like projectors to aid my night drives
Old 21st September 2022, 17:44   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
It's been done, and documented here!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...a-tiago-3.html (Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!)
Old 21st September 2022, 23:12   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post

Even for the LED DRL's? Has any bhpian done it? I have the 2021 xza+ and I'd really like projectors to aid my night drives
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Are you going to retrofit only the projector into the tiago headlamp? If so, make sure you find an expert. If it's a DIY, please make sure you read through similar projects.

If you are going to switch the headlamp assembly from tigor and install it in the tiago, there's a catch. I think, Tigor's headlamps can be fitted into Tiago only in the pre-facelift model. After the facelift in January 2020, I read that the head lamps are different in tiago and tigor.

However, the good news is that, a while after the iCNG launch, Tiago got the projector headlamp setup. You can go ahead and place an order for that. That should be a relatively easier swap. You can refer to the thread linked above by fellow bhpian for a DIY project.
Old 22nd September 2022, 00:00   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The Tata Tigor is now available in a new Opal White option with black roof.

Attachment 2347540

Link
Looks very similar to the white JTP without the badging!
Old 20th March 2023, 17:21   #313
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tigor dual-tone colour options discontinued

Recently, Tata Motors updated the Tigor with a BS6 Phase-II powertrain. Well, besides the RDE-compliant engine, the company has made changes to the car’s colour palette.

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-tigorrightfrontthreequarter.png

The Tata Tigor is now available in four colour options: Magnetic Red, Arizona Blue, Opal White and Daytona Grey. This also means that the dual-tone colour schemes have now been phased out.

The 2023 Tata Tigor is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 84 BHP and 113 Nm. The engine is available with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.

The Tigor also comes with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The CNG version uses the same 1.2-litre engine, which produces 72 BHP and 95 Nm in CNG mode.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th March 2023 at 17:22.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 17:49   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Tigor dual-tone colour options discontinued

Recently, Tata Motors updated the Tigor with a BS6 Phase-II powertrain. Well, besides the RDE-compliant engine, the company has made changes to the car’s colour palette.
Its high time TATA give a proper facelift to the Tiago/Tigor twins (not just cosmetic). They also need to upgrade their safety parameters and introduce 6 airbags in the range.

The 1.2 Ltr 3 cylinder unit with the BS6 Phase 2 has better refinement and NVH levels than the earlier units, but Tata would do well to add a Turbo charger and make these cars more fun to drive. Not just Tiago/Tigor but the Punch too needs a Turbo.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 09:00   #315
BHPian

Do anything and the price further moves up. Tigor now doing well due to EV version. Tiago is punched left and right by Punch. More features and price will push it out of its VFM territory.

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2023 at 09:56. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks