Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2020, 21:17   #616
Senior - BHPian

Guys any news on the Rider plus variant? Anyone here has booked one?
Old 24th July 2020, 23:53   #617
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
According to Zac Hollis, it’s ready. Don’t see anyone booking one yet on the forum. Huge waiting time to fulfil Rider variant demand however.
Old 26th July 2020, 17:17   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Congratulations!

We can do with more pictures. Do show us the accessories already installed.
In good time, my friend. For now have only gotten the seat covers. Alloys (Dual Tone Clubbers from Monte Carlo variant) and rear curtain are on the way, and the quest for RCD 340 is on. Will share pictures once I have at least put on the alloys. Ceramic coating got done on Friday at Detailing Devils, Noida. They seem to have done a good job (can't tell from the car as it was brand new, but from my 5 old Avenger, which was restored significantly. Will have a separate post on the coating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

Why you say it does not feel premium? Because lack of features like steering mounted controls, Infotainment system etc? But that was already known to you. Hope other things are same as higher models, no change there. Correct me if i am wrong.
I am not at all complaining, I knew exactly what I had bargained for. I was merely stating a fact for prospective buyers. Also, as I have mentioned, mechanically its the same car as the higher variants, and that's its strong suit anyway. So no complaints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyog26 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride.
I thought you must be getting the Onyx variant in blue colour. Nevertheless, Carbon Steel colour looks great on the Rapid.
Yes, long story behind that. But since I was equally happy with both the deals, didn't mind going ahead with my original plan either.
vishal_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 20:35   #619
BHPian

Here is a quick comment from Zac on the next couple of launches thats planned
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-20200727_203425.jpg  

Sabrish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 22:21   #620
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrish View Post
Here is a quick comment from Zac on the next couple of launches thats planned
This plan has been well published by Zac and it's official from Skoda.

2020 - Rapid 1.0L TSI AT, Kodiaq 2.0L TSI
2021:
- first half Octavia new gen
- Q2 new compact SUV based in Vison IN
- Karoq CKD
- second half New Rapid
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 01:05   #621
BHPian

Hi! Guys who have changed their rider variant’s steel rims to alloy wheels, does the stock wheel bolts fit the alloys (OE 15”)? Also where to find the bolt caps (pic inserted for reference)?
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-0cd93e58c0854c6b825e602138eb8c60.jpeg  

Old 28th July 2020, 02:15   #622
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastey93 View Post
Hi! Guys who have changed their rider variant’s steel rims to alloy wheels, does the stock wheel bolts fit the alloys (OE 15”)? Also where to find the bolt caps (pic inserted for reference)?
There's no change in the size/type of bolts used across the range. They are of M14 x 1.5. You can get these bolt covers at the dealership/service center. It is sold as an official accessory as a set of 20 nos.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 02:37   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You can get these bolt covers at the dealership/service center. It is sold as an official accessory as a set of 20 nos.
Strangely my SA/dealership here in Bangalore said Skoda doesn’t sell them.
Old 28th July 2020, 17:01   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Strangely my SA/dealership here in Bangalore said Skoda doesn’t sell them.
Perhaps that’s to discourage buyers from lower variant purchases? Dealership SAs are prone to such tactics.
Old 29th July 2020, 09:06   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Perhaps that’s to discourage buyers from lower variant purchases? Dealership SAs are prone to such tactics.
I’m not sure of this because my car is scheduled to be delivered over the weekend. If the SA is still trying to use his tactics, he’s crazy.
Old 29th July 2020, 16:29   #626

I was at the showroom today for the PDI of Rider. I've booked the Carbon Steel colour. On enquiring about the dual tone clubbers alloys of the Monte Carlo, was informed that I could get them at a cost of about 11,500 per wheel, and that it would take about 10 days to procure from the plant. Confused if I should go ahead. Especially wondering about any functional benefits (guess I am trying to bring the head over to the side of the heart on those smashing clubbers ) Also keen to upgrade to 195 section tyres. Thinking of either Michelin Primacy or Conti MC5. Any advice is welcome. The sales team indicated that getting any other alloys also should be okay, and may not be a problem for the warranty. Left me quite confused with respect to the strong reservations expressed on the forum about the same issue. I have requested them for the terms n conditions in detail to review this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I did happen to ask about this. Seems the enquiries are relatively slower in comparison to the rider, and there was no clarity about delivery timelines at all.
amarnani13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 17:36   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Also where to find the bolt caps ?
Amazon!! After mine got stolen (or lost, I'm not sure) I bought a set of 20 from Amazon, comes with the remover clip too . I can vouch for the quality. Cost was under 250.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 18:16   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarnani13 View Post

You can buy aftermarket alloys from good brands for much lesser for 6-9k for a 16/17" rim. Since alloys are typically lighter than steel wheels they improve suspension longevity, improve handling and efficiency since engine has to use less torque to move those wheels. You can read up on unsprung weight reduction benefits, all this is minor though. You get better designs in the aftermarket for your Ride-r to stand out.
Old 29th July 2020, 18:42   #629

Hi, I managed to get Dual Tone Clubber alloys from someone upgrading to Momos at a decent price. Now I am in dilemma over the pick of tyres. Currently considering the following:

195/55/R16 Primacy 4ST (have these on my City. Love them!)
205/50/R16 Pilot Sport 4
205/55/R16 Pilot Sport 4

Not considering any other option apart from the above.

The price is similar for all three, so not really a relevant consideration. As regards the purpose, I am more interested in the overall comfort and quietness of the ride than the performance of the tyres (although just slightly more, and would want good grip and cornering too).

Have browsed through various tyre specific and car specific threads on the portal, but can't seem to get a clear answer and keep getting even more confused as I read more. So any suggestions on this will be welcome!

Note to Mods: Please feel free to move the post to an appropriate thread, if you deem fit.
vishal_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 19:53   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Amazon!! After mine got stolen (or lost, I'm not sure) I bought a set of 20 from Amazon, comes with the remover clip too . I can vouch for the quality. Cost was under 250.
Thanks, after quick search on Amazon I could find an option in hex shape but it lists 3 different sizes 10mm, 13mm and 17mm. Which size fits Rapid?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks