Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 22:49   #601

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyog26 View Post
I'm quite eager to upgrade to 15" alloys. The only thing stopping me from doing so is the apprehension of warranty voiding.
What are the advantages of opting for 10mm wider tyres ? Any remarkable change you have experienced ?
much..
Quoting below post for your reference. I changed primarily for better grip and handling. The stock tyres were just fine. I would assume better handling? if the tyres are wider. Not entirely sure how the ride quality changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrish View Post
Here is the response from Zac, if its done by the dealer then no issues in warranty! However I'm not sure how will they track this down a year later as this does not get covered in the service history 🤔
Squanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 23:25   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyog26 View Post
My car has done barely 45kms and I hope the stock tyres don't depreciate much..
100 Kms is the ideal acceptable threshold in the eyes of most tyre shops. Try and get them changed before you cross this magic number if you want a decent exchange deal.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 13:52   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanderer View Post
Hi all,
So I took delivery of my rapid rider(carbon steel) yesterday. 64 km on the odo.

Fog lamp oe fitting - 22000
Seat covers v. Meg - 16000
Pvc mat - 3900
Steering grip - 1500
Door sill - 2900
Key pouch - 150
Door handle guard -800
Shark fin antenna - 1500
Perfume - 400
Microfiber cloth - 250

This is about 49,000/-
And the ongoing offer is for 39,999/-
Hi,

Can you please give me the contact details of the salesguy who offered this.

Next trip to Coimbatore I will get it done.

But given the present scenario 'next trip' will definitely take sometime.

Congratulations on your new vehicle.

Happy motoring.
Old 21st July 2020, 18:22   #604
BHPian

Here's how the new 1.0 TSI performs compared to City's 1.5 iVTEC.

SansGT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 11:28   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Here's how the new 1.0 TSI performs compared to City's 1.5 iVTEC.
Despite being a 3-pot (but Turbo-charged) puny engine, the difference in 0-100kmph was a "car's length" as per EVO India. No doubt turbo-chargers do wonders to small capacity engines. It's remarkable how a 1.0TSI engine competed so well against one of the finest and revv happy petrol motor from the Honda stable.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd July 2020 at 14:34. Reason: Removed video from within quotes for readability.
sanyog26 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:11   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal_b View Post
Went for the PDI of my Carbon Steel Skoda Rapid Rider which is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and chanced upon an Onyx in Lapiz Blue. It looked so much more premium and upmarket, especially with those glossy black clubber alloys. Now I am seriously considering whether to upgrade to the Onyx :/

Will keep you all posted! In the meantime, any inputs either way will be super helpful!
Finally got home this beauty yesterday!! Decided to go ahead with the Rider.

First impressions:

1. It is QUICK. Period.
2. A very eager engine. The turbo boost is very much real and apparent.
3. Overall a very fun car to drive, but there is a very apparent stutter/vibration in the clutch when revving hard or when shifting gears at medium to high speeds, which was a little unsettling. Probably because my City has spoilt me. That being said, I think its just a matter of getting used to the 3 cyl 1.0 TSI, should not bother me in the long run.
4. Also, while the gears are slick. Driving in city traffic made me downshift more often than I usually do. Ended up driving in 1st or 2nd gear most of the time in slow city traffic. Made me miss my good old 2004 Baleno 1.6 (pictured below - clicked yesterday at the Skoda Showroom, while I was bidding it goodbye). In the third gear, it was almost like a great automatic car - immediate response at whatever RPM!
5. In terms of features, the Rider does not feel cheap while sitting inside, but at the same time does not feel even close to the premium feel you get in a City or other modern cars.
6. The car made me appreciate the utility of keyless entry and push start feature a lot better.

OVERALL: A great value for money! Looks great for the price, and you get a robust machine, mechanically speaking.

Mods Planned:

1. OEM Clubber Alloys with Michelin 195/55/R16 Primacy 4STs
2. Trying to source the RCD340 with Android Auto (any help on this will be appreciated)
3. Ceramic coating
4. Steering wrap
5. Auto retracting ORVMs (assuming it can be done without a lot of tinkering with the wires)
6. Already got seat covers installed at the Dealer's end. They look great and not at all aftermarket.
7. Retractable OEM rear windshield curtain from the Style variant. Costed Rs. 2000 from Skoda.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200722-1.05.00-pm.jpeg  

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200721-10.13.45-pm-1.jpeg  

Last edited by vishal_b : 22nd July 2020 at 14:39.
vishal_b is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:59   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Trying to source the RCD340 with Android Auto (any help on this will be appreciated)
Look up Shalinder Choudhary who runs a Youtube channel. He has them in stock. He's based in Ramesh Nagar, Delhi and his shop was or maybe still is marked as Original Volkswagen car stereos on Google maps. Don't know if its his shop name but he has been sourcing them for years now.

Edit: If you take your car there he'll fix it too. Prices are in description of this video. Costs less than half of what Skoda charges.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 22nd July 2020 at 15:01.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 15:19   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Look up Shalinder Choudhary who runs a Youtube channel. He has them in stock.
Spoke to him a couple of days. Found him to be extremely non-responsible and uninterested. Anyway, he curtly said they don't do Skoda work anymore. Even cited his recent Youtube video. He hung up.
vishal_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 15:21   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hi,
Can you please give me the contact details of the salesguy who offered this.
Congratulations on your new vehicle.
Happy motoring.
Thank you!
I would never recommend getting it fixed from the showroom as it's priced exorbitantly high. But if that's what's going to give you peace of mind you should go ahead. Please Google sga skoda coimbatore and dial the listed phone number and ask for Mr. Dharmaseelan - you're set. Don't want to break any rules inadvertently. If I were you I'd start negotiating for a 50 percent discount and see where it goes.

Cheers.
Squanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:07   #610
BHPian

While I knew in bits and pieces on this topic, thanks to GTO for this thread that helped to reassure and emphasize on the need to idle the turbo charged engines, given the number of turbo cars we have now...good to relook at this and reiterate the do's and dont's?

I am sure many like me who are first time Turbo Petrol owners can benefit....

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...rged-cars.html (Why you must practice the "Idling Rule" with Turbo-Charged Cars)
Sabrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:17   #611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Spoke to him a couple of days. Found him to be extremely non-responsible and uninterested. Anyway, he curtly said they don't do Skoda work anymore. Even cited his recent Youtube video. He hung up.
Not the first time. Few instances from the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
I tried contacting / connecting with Shalinder from Delhi, but his attitude is horrible. He barely spoke to me for 20 seconds (tried thrice), gave me inflated prices and sounded as if he was doing me a favour. Taking my chances with AE. Not doing business with someone who doesn't want to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I had a similar experience as well. Called him up, he said he was busy and hung up. Called up twice later, didn't pick up the call nor did he have the courtesy to call me back. Possibly a busy man. I gladly gave the business to a Ali vendor. Got the unit without any hassles within a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
Thanks for the post and the details of Mr Shalinder, was able to source the RCD340G plus and install it. The experience with him though was not as expected, there was lot of chaos with the entire order. It is very hard to get hold of Shalinder to talk to him and after making payment, you need constant follow up to see if the player is shipped. I got the RCD340G plus for 15k and the converter for steering wheel controls for 3K and an additional 500 for shipping charges. Even though I had told him that it was for Skoda Rapid, a VW Vento model was sent across And then I had to call him again to explain this, however he did arrange another person to take it from me in Bangalore and had to ship back the converters. And after placing the second order, it did take ~2 days for him to start the courier process, seems like a busy man in Delhi now a days.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:59   #612
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

What I have understood from dealing with Skoda Agra (for the Rapid Rider) and VW Lucknow, Kanpur, Delhi (for the Vento Comfortline Plus) is that VW has allotted very limited stock to the dealers. It is their choice to order fresh stock which comes with the 8.39 Lac effective ex-showroom pricing and most of them are not doing it to clear their old stock of other variants.

Skoda has been consistent with what they have committed.

Quote:
Congratulations!

We can do with more pictures. Do show us the accessories already installed.
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:05   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

First impressions:

5. In terms of features, the Rider does not feel cheap while sitting inside, but at the same time does not feel even close to the premium feel you get in a City or other modern cars.

OVERALL: A great value for money! Looks great for the price, and you get a robust machine, mechanically speaking.

Mods Planned:

1. OEM Clubber Alloys with Michelin 195/55/R16 Primacy 4STs
First of all hearty congratulation on your new car.

Thanks for quick observations friend. Believe me, this color looks better than Blue. Once you add nice alloy's, car will look even better. Definitely its great value for money car.

Why you say it does not feel premium? Because lack of features like steering mounted controls, Infotainment system etc? But that was already known to you. Hope other things are same as higher models, no change there. Correct me if i am wrong.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 14:23   #614
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI review by CarandBike

Old 23rd July 2020, 17:25   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new ride.
I thought you must be getting the Onyx variant in blue colour. Nevertheless, Carbon Steel colour looks great on the Rapid.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks