Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2020, 12:05   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

If price increase news is true, I am really very sad. Bad move by Skoda. They should have continued selling it for longer time. Market always works on Tata's slogan, "More Car, per Car". Skoda would have definitely benefited a lot by having more cars on road. It always create interest in other peoples mind and lure customer to buy one.

Why Skoda? Why?
aniketi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 12:21   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If price increase news is true, I am really very sad. Bad move by Skoda. They should have continued selling it for longer time. Market always works on Tata's slogan, "More Car, per Car". Skoda would have definitely benefited a lot by having more cars on road. It always create interest in other peoples mind and lure customer to buy one.

Why Skoda? Why?
The message says Rider Plus, so I am guessing there will be some added kit.
Whether the added features justify the hike, I don't know.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 12:39   #453
Team-BHP Support

May not be a bad idea - if the Rider Plus offers the basics most members were looking for!

Alloy wheels and a modern touchscreen audio system will make it a proper package.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 12:41   #454
Team-BHP Support

If they add alloys, touchscreen infotainment, rear power window control from driver door and the upper variant MID for the 75K then it's hardly an issue to pay more for that.
Vid6639 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 12:43   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If they add alloys, touchscreen infotainment, rear power window control from driver door and the upper variant MID for the 75K then it's hardly an issue to pay more for that.
Considering Skoda you are getting very ambitious especially when they sell just the alloys for around 50 K.
Old 9th July 2020, 13:10   #456
Senior - BHPian

For 75k they'll probably add the infotainment system(60k) and fog lamps(12k) and call it a day.

I did ask for the projectors to be made standard in their feedback form. Let us see if that happens atleast.
Old 9th July 2020, 13:15   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Considering Skoda you are getting very ambitious especially when they sell just the alloys for around 50 K.
I believe you are right. I hope they do add steering mounted controls as they are an absolute necessity once you start using them on previous cars.

In my opinion they should add these stuff for 75k extra-
1. Steering mounted controls.
2. Seat height up and down.
3. DRL and fog lights.
4. Retractable orvm.
5. Average fuel consumption, average speed, distance to empty, instantaneous consumption in MID.
6. Alloys.

Any other add ons will be bonus.
All these will make the Rider plus a more VFM option.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 13:43   #458

Offered without comment.

UPDATE: Upgraded Rider variant also almost confirmed. Detailed specs and price to be released on Monday.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-80d09005173d446b946af1a1f882fece.jpeg  

Last edited by vishal_b : 9th July 2020 at 14:08. Reason: Updated information.
vishal_b is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 16:45   #459
BHPian

I don't think they would be going all out with the Rider Plus, since it would cannibalise the sales of the Ambition, which already is good value compared to the competition.

IMO the kit that should be on offer are:

1. Full fledged MID
2. Steering mounted audio controls
3. Fog lamps
4. Driver side seat height adjust
5. Driver side master switch for the power windows

The above additions are worth Rs 75k or not, i know not, but not too shabby at all. It already has Auto AC. Adding alloys and a nice HU would make it complete.

The Vento CL Plus at 8.39 lakhs is a bargain too. On top of that, it comes with 10k corporate discount and 25k exchange bonus. It only misses out on the steering mounted audio controls, but defends it with dual tone 15" alloys, leather wrapped flat bottom steering, cruise control, cooled glove box, auto AC, proper MID, power window master switch, fog lamps, static cornering lamps, foot-well lighting (as per the latest brochure).
shankha007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 17:28   #460
BHPian

Had a word with Skoda Bangalore. Few quick updates (As per the dealership and no official confirmation yet.)
  1. No further bookings being taken for the Rider Variant till the end of the year.
  2. Price of the Rider variant to be hiked to around 7.99 Lakhs.
  3. While there may be a Rider (Plus) variant, it is likely to only commence deliveries by early next year.

Alloy Wheels seem to be bit of a stretch to be provided for, considering Skoda prices its alloys at a premium. The addition of a touchscreen infotainment system and steering controls would seal the deal for any prospective buyer IMO.
tejascshetty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 18:05   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejascshetty View Post
  1. No further bookings being taken for the Rider Variant till the end of the year.
  2. Price of the Rider variant to be hiked to around 7.99 Lakhs.
  3. While there may be a Rider (Plus) variant, it is likely to only commence deliveries by early next year.
If the launch is delayed till next year, the 2020 Rapid range would start straight from the Ambition, which doesn't make sense for Skoda, considering the popularity the Rider gathered.

However, this month there is a 50k cash discount and a 15k corporate discount on the Ambition. Could they increase the discount and make it more appealing, or the Rider Plus would come real soon?

I guess we can only wait and watch.
Old 9th July 2020, 18:25   #462
BHPian

As this is not just a price hike, I think the plus variant will at least include few more basic comfort features like an Android HU with rear camera , Steering Controls & Fog lamps a the least. Alloy wheels won't be added whatsoever.
Old 9th July 2020, 18:40   #463
BANNED

Skoda should have gone ahead with the ‘Shock and awe’ pricing. The more number of Skoda cars on the roads will definitely have an influence on buyers. And the more people visiting the showrooms will definitely see the costlier models and may result in slight increase in sales. And those who bought a Rapid, when time comes to upgrade may mostly try to buy from the brand itself.

After using Ford’s for more than a decade, I’m someone who is spoiled by the handling of their cars, but alas they have nothing for me to upgrade at a reasonable cost. Skoda has positives like good handling, good build quality. Skoda unlike Ford has plans for India, and they have a Compact SUV and new Sedan all in the pipe line. I would say a brilliant opportunity gone waste. Hope they realise that long term vision can only sustain the company.

Last edited by The Rationalist : 9th July 2020 at 18:41.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 20:18   #464
BHPian

This is what is a free market economy. Price moves according to supply and demand. Skoda will adjust (upgrade/downgrade) the price till the demand stabilizes.
Capitalism-101 anyone
Old 9th July 2020, 20:36   #465
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Most of the base variants launched by manufacturers are just on paper to show the low sticker price, usually not many are manufactured as there aren't many takers for it. But Skoda launched possibly the best equipped base variant in the last half a decade at a mouth watering price. Thats precisely the reason this thread gained so much of traction along with the TSI engine. Else why would a decade old car gain so much of interest again! Just hope the Skoda management realizes this & brings back the Rider variant.
PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks