Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2020, 15:53   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal_b View Post
Onyx in Lapiz Blue. It looked so much more premium and upmarket, especially with those glossy black clubber alloys. Now I am seriously considering whether to upgrade to the Onyx :/

Will keep you all posted! In the meantime, any inputs either way will be super helpful!
I have spent 30 minutes in the Skoda yard last year over choosing the colour of rapid.

Though looks are subjective, here are my choices,

1. Beige - that golden beige shade is the classiest among all colours in rapid.

2. Montecarlo red - most youthful and lively of all shades

3. Carbon steel - classy shade but requires proper maintenance

4. White - ever elegant and a bit too common

The onyx blue was too bluish to my taste, it looks gawdy and those black wheels don't do any favours too.

If rapid has to be in blue, it has to be that delicious silk blue (which they no longer sell).

Why don't you spend a bit more and get the montecarlo red??

That being said, the onyx/montecarlo variants are too expensive for what they offer.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 16th July 2020 at 15:54.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 17:26   #557

Skoda should have added Steering mounted control in Rider Plus variant.
That would make it a complete package and anything else can be fitted after market. That is the advantage of VW/Skoda cars unlike Asian counter parts.

I think the only compromise one would feel in Rapid Rider variant is the lack of master windows controls. I can live with manual AC but not this. That is a crime Skoda.
Old 16th July 2020, 17:27   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post
I agree. After much contemplation, I went ahead and booked the 2020 Vento Comfortline from VW Rajdhani (West Delhi). The delivery timeline is around 10-15 August, and I got what I would call a fantastic deal considering the comparatively feature loaded variant that the Comfortline is (includes climate control, cruise control, 15 inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, and ofcourse the delicious 1.0 TSI). Cross posting in this thread to help those on the fence between Rapid and the Vento.
Congratulations, great choice. Can you share some details of the deal ?
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 18:22   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations, great choice. Can you share some details of the deal ?
Hey thanks. The overall hit to the pocket (without an exchange) will be Rs. 9.1 lacs. This is the final on road price including comprehensive insurance and UP registration. Got an overall discount of close to 2 lacs.
SuvidC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 18:29   #560

Hi all,
So I took delivery of my rapid rider(carbon steel) yesterday. 64 km on the odo. Sga skoda coimbatore have an offer going this month for the accessories apparently and the person who was dealing with the accessories seemed very keen on selling the package.

Fog lamp oe fitting - 22000
Seat covers v. Meg - 16000
Pvc mat - 3900
Steering grip - 1500
Door sill - 2900
Key pouch - 150
Door handle guard -800
Shark fin antenna - 1500
Perfume - 400
Microfiber cloth - 250

This is about 49,000/-
And the ongoing offer is for 39,999/-

He is also going to send me the price list which will include the headunit(Blaupunkt) and a rear camera.
(edit attaching pic of the quote sent to me)

I am also wondering if any other buyers of Rider have had better offers than this one?

Im not too fussed about getting any of the upgrades done right away. What I really want to do is to change my stock tyres. Im no expert in automobiles or tyres but from what I've gathered reading the forums here, it's either the michelin (pst3?) or the continental (mc5?). I'm looking for tyres with superb handling and grip with reasonable emphasis on comfort. Appreciate some thoughts on this!
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-a59ba08ea96f490e98846c74d81010c4.jpeg  

Last edited by Squanderer : 16th July 2020 at 18:51. Reason: attaching pic of the new quote
Squanderer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 19:48   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanderer View Post
Hi all,
So I took delivery of my rapid rider(carbon steel) yesterday. 64 km on the odo. Sga skoda coimbatore have an offer going this month for the accessories apparently and the person who was dealing with the accessories seemed very keen on selling the package.

Im not too fussed about getting any of the upgrades done right away. What I really want to do is to change my stock tyres. Im no expert in automobiles or tyres but from what I've gathered reading the forums here, it's either the michelin (pst3?) or the continental (mc5?). I'm looking for tyres with superb handling and grip with reasonable emphasis on comfort. Appreciate some thoughts on this!
Please dont go for all these. This is no offer at all as all the items seem overpriced. Steering grip for 1500. Really?

Please know this, showrooms will never sell you anything without a fat margin and in the end only you will be at the losing end. Seat covers for 16k.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 19:48   #562

Quote:
Seat covers v. Meg - 16000
Door sill - 2900
Another bhpian in the same thread quoted 15k for the fog lamps, 14.5k for seat covers (Maybe this could vary and hence not sure) and 2.8k for the door sills from a Skoda dealership in Pune. Seems like they've slyly bloated the price, while making it look like you're saving money on the whole package.
starboardsurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 20:33   #563

Thank you for your inputs! As said in my previous post I am super keen on changing the stock tyres, and my primary objectives are to get better handling and grip with some emphasis on comfort. What are the BHPians thoughts on this? I had Michelins on my old wagon R and I just loved those, very confidence inspiring. When I had them changed to bridgestone after 40k kms I could immediately tell they were subpar. Any input to get me going will be much appreciated!
Old 16th July 2020, 20:50   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
I guess they have the same quote for all . I was given the same quote and preferred to do the mods outside SGA the same way so as to not void the warranty. Of course not all but a few that suited my taste. Refer the thread here (Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?).

The guy did a decent job and I liked it..

I strongly suggest you to do it outside and save the amount for a Tyre upgrade. Please PM me and I can help you with good deals

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2020 at 21:45. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 20:53   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
So I took delivery of my rapid rider(carbon steel) yesterday.

This is about 49,000/-
And the ongoing offer is for 39,999/-
Congrats! share photos

The above doesn't seem to be a good offer.

Being in Coimbatore, you have ample choices of decent after-market parts/accessories. So, take your time and decide. Till then, just enjoy the new car. By taking a bit of time, you either realize that you don't actually need them or check even better options. I am sure your dealer will still be willing to offer a discount in future even if he says otherwise now.

If still keen, have a look at the exact product, fit & finish and then go for it. Instead of PVC mat, you can get the noodles mat or 3D mats.

Seat covers - If kids are of no concern, then you can use it as is without a seat cover and once you are bored of it in a few years, you can go for it. Costs from 6K to 15K depending on the material and place (RM decors, Sun, many around race course). Trust me, cloth is best for our climatic conditions. Just a regular cleaning once in 6 months will do. 3M in Trichy road does a good job.

If you haven't driven much, try inquiring about swapping tyres. Michelin Primacy 3 ST is good and I use it in Ertiga. XM2 in Bro-in-Law's Ertiga is also good, a bit noisy comparatively.
Now, Primacy 4 ST is out i guess. https://www.michelin.in/auto/browse-.../passenger-car - decent info with price. Don't go for too sporty tyres as they may be too soft, resulting in frequent puncture/damage.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 21:33   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrish View Post
I guess they have the same quote for all . I was given the same quote and preferred to do the mods outside SGA the same way so as to not void the warranty.
The guy did a decent job and I liked it..
yes, the tricky part is to get the job done outside without voiding warranty, id be happy to know how to get it done though!( I dont have privileges to PM anyone yet) - Could you PM me with details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Congrats! share photos
The above doesn't seem to be a good offer.
I agree with everything you've said and am not a big fan of the material used in seat covers and I prefer the touch of fabric any day over leatherette or similar materials.
Yes, the Xm2 ive read are noisy and I am keen on the Primacy 3 and 4 Sts. Sundar tyres in coimbatore have agreed to buy back the stock tyres. I have about 100km on the stock ones so not sure what the depreciation value on that is going to be like.

I am keen on getting the touch screen soley to facilitate the rear view camera ( call me old school but I really love the current stock head unit and prefer mechanical press buttons over touch screens) as my mother takes the car out on occasions and want it to be easy for her to reverse. Sharing pics tomorrow when I get good shots in the sun!

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2020 at 21:46. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 16th July 2020, 21:52   #567
BHPian

With different wish list from everyone, I feel Skoda should give a customisation option while booking the car. Start with basic barebone and let the customer customize all the features and accessories as needed. Guess that model should be the way forward. You can't please everyone with small changes as everyone has a different wishlist for the money.
Old 16th July 2020, 22:37   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojyKerala View Post
So, this is the big development Zac was referring to - the launch of Rider Plus. More colors and the touchscreen system. Not sure if the Rider will also be sold along with this?
In my opinion, it's a fantastic deal. Packs in all essentials one would need.Priced equivalent to a top-spec Dzire and has that brilliant 1.0-litre TSI engine. What else one would even need? You are having a larger car with better build and quality as well.

If you've some spare money lying around, can invest in some good aftermarket alloys, a nice sound system or Skoda's after sales packages. You have an almost top-spec Rapid in hand now.
Aniruthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 23:30   #569

Quote:
Thank you for your inputs! As said in my previous post I am super keen on changing the stock tyres, and my primary objectives are to get better handling and grip with some emphasis on comfort. What are the BHPians thoughts on this?
I currently use the Conti MC5 and the following are the my observations:
1) Grip & handling is pretty good but after passing the 25k mark on them, they tend to squeal slightly on hard cornering.
2) Road noise is on the higher side.
3) Comfort isn't that bad but isn't as great as the P3ST.
4) I don't see them going past the 40k mark
5) Continental after sales support isn't great (I had an issue with the spigot ring which was misdiagnosed as a tyre fault. Their handling of the situation was quite pathetic)

TBHPian Gannu_1 has done some serious mileage on the P3ST, if I'm not wrong and it's way more comfortable than the MC5. So, for an overall balance, I would suggest the MC5. Both the MC6 and P4ST are out, do check them out.
starboardsurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 00:24   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What exactly is this fog lamp made of? Kia sells the tri led fog lamp for half that money almost and as far as I recall the Skoda one is a basic halogen unit.
In comparison Hyundai's turn signal/fog lamp combo of the new Creta can be bought off shelf for 4k is what I just heard.

And I thought Skoda were dumb for selling those ancient Infotainment system for 60k and those basic 15" alloys for 50k.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks