Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2020, 01:06   #571
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
What exactly is this fog lamp made of? Kia sells the tri led fog lamp for half that money almost and as far as I recall the Skoda one is a basic halogen unit.
In comparison Hyundai's turn signal/fog lamp combo of the new Creta can be bought off shelf for 4k is what I just heard.

:
So true! A part of that cost would be for the new headlight switch module that needs to be changed, still the cost is atrocious for a basic halogen fog lamp!

On checking, I could find some cheaper options on Aliexpress. This could be for the European Rapid, however the shape and grill looks similar to the Indian one. Now sure if this would fit. Costs about 10K including the switch. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32814096094.html
Old 17th July 2020, 02:03   #572
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

All the people thinking of getting OE electrical accessories fitted from skoda dealers, be warned. A dealer here in UP told me that it will not be an official skoda upgrade even if the parts are OE. In case the car goes to any other dealer for service, they might not honour warranty. So there is something fishy going on. Why does Skoda leave such loose ends.

A colleague has booked had the Rider 2 days before the Rider Plus was launched. He is keen on going with the Rider and not the Plus. Lets see if this materializes soon.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 10:25   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanderer View Post
I am keen on getting the touch screen soley to facilitate the rear view camera ( call me old school but I really love the current stock head unit and prefer mechanical press buttons over touch screens) as my mother takes the car out on occasions and want it to be easy for her to reverse. Sharing pics tomorrow when I get good shots in the sun!
Same here, prefer the stock look with buttons & rotary knobs, but still considering upgrading to touch screen for enhanced audio quality & reverse cam - as my Father, who is the primary user of the car feels having one will be helpful.
Planning on trying out the below cheaper option first, as I can always undo if it doesn't suite the need. Probably, with a better camera.

https://www.amazon.in/Autotrends-Com.../dp/B0193CD76Y

I reside in SG and in Carousell, I can see a lot of VW head-units going for cheaper price, not sure if they are all genuine. No travel plans due to the COVID situation or I wouldn't mind bringing one if interested given that it's not going to be that bulky and my wife's hometown is CBE.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 10:39   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptraveller View Post
With different wish list from everyone, I feel Skoda should give a customisation option while booking the car. Start with basic barebone and let the customer customize all the features and accessories as needed. Guess that model should be the way forward. You can't please everyone with small changes as everyone has a different wishlist for the money.
This is very feasible from a manufacturing perspective. The only problem is the high booking cancellation rates especially in the early months after a car launch. Booking and refunds are so painless today that a buyer can book online, pay electronically a small token amount of 10-25K and then after a few weeks of reading reviews and thinking hard, opt to cancel, also on-line and get the refund electronically. Other reasons for cancellation include Finance arrangements falling through.

So if the variant configuration and custom ordering option is given and then the buyer cancels, Skoda (or the dealership) will be stuck with that particular unit, another buyer may not want the exact same configuration. This is why we are still a make-to-stock market and not been able to make any movement to becoming at least partially, a make-to-order market.

One alternative the manufacturer can offer is custom car on full payment with a lead time of say 2-3 weeks. Most of them have advanced production lines that can make a high mix of variants in a very flexible and automated way. Post GST, shipment lead times have also reduced. It is time we saw more options like this.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 17th July 2020 at 10:41.
Old 17th July 2020, 12:36   #575
BHPian

All the buzz and the aggressive pricing has helped Rapid to be noticed and sold more than some established contemporaries in first quarter of FY20-21. It would interesting to see for how long can they can sustain the interest, given their ASS chequered past.

Source : autopunditz.com
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-auto-punditz.jpeg  

Last edited by Diesel_Drives : 17th July 2020 at 12:40. Reason: Correction
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 14:22   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
All the buzz and the aggressive pricing has helped Rapid to be noticed and sold more than some established contemporaries in first quarter of FY20-21. It would interesting to see for how long can they can sustain the interest, given their ASS chequered past.

Source : autopunditz.com
This quarter sales numbers are not really an accurate indicator of demand or success of any car. The production is as per available capacity due to covid as opposed to actual demand for the car
Old 17th July 2020, 19:35   #577

Quote:
T As said in my previous post I am super keen on changing the stock tyres....
So I spoke to BHPian Sabarish and he recommended that I go with Yoko BLue earth and I went with it. Got my stock ones (185/60/ R15) exchanged for 2750 a piece and the new ones (195/60/ R 15) costed 5100. I am very satisfied so far. I plan to add floor mats and a steering grip. Not a huge fan of seat so ditching that for now.
Squanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 20:23   #578
Senior - BHPian

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
So I spoke to BHPian Sabarish and he recommended that I go with Yoko BLue earth and I went with it. Got my stock ones (185/60/ R15) exchanged for 2750 a piece and the new ones (195/60/ R 15) costed 5100. I am very satisfied so far. I plan to add floor mats and a steering grip. Not a huge fan of seat so ditching that for now.

Couple of questions. So you got 195 on the stock steel rim ? And it's 2350 after exchange right?
Old 17th July 2020, 21:32   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Couple of questions. So you got 195 on the stock steel rim ? And it's 2350 after exchange right?
Yes, I did. I got the new ones for 5250 (just cross checked the bill) so it's 2500 a piece after exchange.
Squanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 10:05   #580
BHPian

I have used MC5 on my Tata Manza and 2 sets on S Cross. Offers excellent blend of comfort, performance, safety, and overall value. Lasted around 55k kms while I have generally changed most other tyres at around 40-45k. That these are made in India helps. I bought from a long term associated (and conti authorized) dealer and have faced no issues that required warranty claims. Am pretty sure that it will be honoured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardsurfer View Post
I currently use the Conti MC5 and the following are the my observations:
1) Grip & handling is pretty good but after passing the 25k mark on them, they tend to squeal slightly on hard cornering.
2) Road noise is on the higher side.
3) Comfort isn't that bad but isn't as great as the P3ST.
4) I don't see them going past the 40k mark
5) Continental after sales support isn't great (I had an issue with the spigot ring which was misdiagnosed as a tyre fault. Their handling of the situation was quite pathetic)

TBHPian Gannu_1 has done some serious mileage on the P3ST, if I'm not wrong and it's way more comfortable than the MC5. So, for an overall balance, I would suggest the MC5. Both the MC6 and P4ST are out, do check them out.
Loved the car as a package. Very well played by Skoda. Just sold my S Cross and this can accompany the Hexa in the garage as a relatively compact second car with all round capabilities. Excellent proposition at a great price.

Last edited by 5kmiles : 18th July 2020 at 10:08.
Old 18th July 2020, 11:54   #581
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post
Hey thanks. The overall hit to the pocket (without an exchange) will be Rs. 9.1 lacs. This is the final on road price including comprehensive insurance and UP registration. Got an overall discount of close to 2 lacs.
I need to get in touch with you ASAP. A colleague is in a similar situation. Buying from Rajdhani Delhi and UP registration to be taken up. Couldn't message you. Can you drop me a PM?
Old 18th July 2020, 13:22   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I need to get in touch with you ASAP. A colleague is in a similar situation. Buying from Rajdhani Delhi and UP registration to be taken up. Couldn't message you. Can you drop me a PM?
Hey! Can't PM you either. You could look me up on FB (Suvid Chaturvedi) and ping me there.
SuvidC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 07:36   #583
BHPian

Hey! I was wondering if it’s only me or does anyone else also feel that the Rapid and Vento drive differently. I test drove both the cars and feel that Rapid is much eager and quick than Vento. I’ve booked the rider last month but test drove the Vento recently as they are offering huge discounts on their comfortable variant. I’m confused, need some help.
Pastey93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 11:14   #584
BHPian

Hi, below information from BHPian isldhn regarding Vento Comfortline, from Ludhiana could be helpful for mates deciding on Rapid Rider /plus. From the sound of it, it is a better VFM than Rapid Rider.

"I had a word with our local dealer today and he confirmed me that they are not getting the trendline model, but he was ready to confirm me a comfortline Vento 1.0 ltr @8.0 lakhs ex showroom"

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...reduced-2.html (Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced)
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 12:13   #585
BHPian

Yup Guys. Had a discussion with this guy again. He confirmed me today that they are ready to close the deal for a toffee brown comfortline plus model @ 8.30. But when I told him that I am not going to spend a dime above 8.0, he was pretty confident of meeting that price. But the catch here i think is that the company has come out with this offer to clear their existing stocks at dealerships. This was evident when he said that he wouldnt be able to offer any more colour options other than the toffee brown.
Why would VW want to loose this opportunity of selling their 10 yr old platform vehicle at a decent price in this overall gloomy scenario is the question mark?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Hi, below information from BHPian isldhn regarding Vento Comfortline, from Ludhiana could be helpful for mates deciding on Rapid Rider /plus. From the sound of it, it is a better VFM than Rapid Rider.

"I had a word with our local dealer today and he confirmed me that they are not getting the trendline model, but he was ready to confirm me a comfortline Vento 1.0 ltr @8.0 lakhs ex showroom"

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...reduced-2.html (Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced)
isldhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks