Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2020, 20:56   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankha007 View Post
I

The Vento CL Plus at 8.39 lakhs is a bargain too. On top of that, it comes with 10k corporate discount and 25k exchange bonus. It only misses out on the steering mounted audio controls, but defends it with dual tone 15" alloys, leather wrapped flat bottom steering, cruise control, cooled glove box, auto AC, proper MID, power window master switch, fog lamps, static cornering lamps, foot-well lighting (as per the latest brochure).
Hi, where did you find information about the Vento Comfortline Plus? As far as I can see on the VW website, there is only a Comfortline model and that is priced at 9.99 lakhs. The Highline, funnily enough, is also priced at 9.99 lakhs.

Can you share details of the offer for 8.39 lakhs? If true, the net price after these discounts comes to only about 8 lakhs, which would make it a very worthy competitor to the Rider.
Old 9th July 2020, 21:04   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi, where did you find information about the Vento Comfortline Plus? As far as I can see on the VW website, there is only a Comfortline model and that is priced at 9.99 lakhs. The Highline, funnily enough, is also priced at 9.99 lakhs.

Can you share details of the offer for 8.39 lakhs? If true, the net price after these discounts comes to only about 8 lakhs, which would make it a very worthy competitor to the Rider.
Hi. I was informed by an SA from OSL Kolkata. Screenshots attached below.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-screenshot_20200709205805_1_1.jpg  

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-screenshot_20200709205851_1.jpg  

shankha007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 21:12   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this article which talks about the above mentioned discount. I think is dealer specific. https://www.carwale.com/news/discoun...olo-and-vento/
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 22:14   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Skoda launched possibly the best equipped base variant in the last half a decade at a mouth watering price. Thats precisely the reason this thread gained so much of traction along with the TSI engine.
Skoda - Simply Stupid? Sorry about that.
You are absolutely right. I don't remember the last time I was this excited about a base model. Infact, the Rider was even cheaper at 6.99L, when it was first launched last year but that was with the ageing 1.6 NA engine in it. That time it did not gain much traction probably because of that engine.
TaurusSHO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 10:09   #470
BHPian

Additional information - Even Polo and Vento TSI editions have been discontinued. Now only regular line up cars are available on website. Though no information yet on dealer level stocks for TSI editions.
Old 10th July 2020, 11:03   #471
Senior - BHPian

Some people are so adept at shooting themselves on the foot. Unless they were losing money on this variant, what they have done is really idiotic. Instead of closing the order book, they should have adjusted the production of other variants. There are lot of options in the 9.99 ex showroom price tag. There is no need at all to look at a 10 year old design. The sooner Skoda realise this, the better it would be for them.
longhorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 11:40   #472
BHPian

Does somebody have the sales figures of the segment for past months? I've been reading a lot of comments that said the new Rider was a massive success and that they are finding it difficult to keep up to demand.

I am guessing the Rapid will be somewhere in the top 3, maybe 2nd or 3rd. 2nd place is what I am more sure of, if all the news of success is correct.

Overall this is GREAT news. Atleast one segment where some other car breaks the suzuki/hyundai domination. Would love to see skoda carry on with the same speed.

Last edited by SaiSW : 10th July 2020 at 11:41.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 14:53   #473
BHPian

As per facebook page of Skoda Owners Group, where Zac is an active member, he confirmed that a new variant is in the pipelines and would be launched soon.

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-inked106699592_10156875875627257_5476446869410146335_o_li.jpg
Tuisha110HP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 15:45   #474
BHPian

It's nice to see the Sales Director of an international brand interact with customers 1 on 1. Really looking forward to the Rider+ variant. If they can add a touchscreen, steering mounted controls & driver seat height adjust it will be another hit from Skoda.

Good things happen when the right people listen to genuine customers!
John316_WRC is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 09:10   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who may have missed getting the Rapid Rider, you may actually be lucky you didn’t move too fast! Cross-posting the below from the VW Vento thread - it is an analysis I did on the Vento Comfortline and why it is an even better deal than the Rapid Rider. Sorry for the slight repetition for those reading this across both two threads, I think this is important and time sensitive information for those on the verge of a decision in this sub-segment.

The Vento Comfortline is an even better deal than the Rapid Rider in my view! Various folks on the Vento thread have posted discounted ex-showroom prices being quoted to them around 8.4 lakhs and Loyalty/ Exchange/ Corporate bonuses of 35k or so - so, the car retails around 8.05 lakhs ex-showroom versus the Rider at 7.49 lakhs. The Rider gets zero discounts as we all know.

So, for the 55K extra, you get:
- 15 inch Linas Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
- Cruise Control
- Absolutely delicious Leather Wrapped Flat bottom steering wheel, same unit from Tiguan and T-Roc
- GTI honeycomb grill (Looks way better than Plain Jane Raider)
- Cooled glove box
- Rear Fog Lamps
- 3D effect smoked tail lamps
-Driver side seat height adjustment (a bad miss on the Rider)
- Plus a great other small features based on analysis of the brochures

All this is certainly worth more than 55K. Skoda charges 60K for the alloy wheels alone! So my conclusion is, for the astute buyer who can drive a bargain, the Comfortline TSI is a steal at current prices and a way better deal than the Rapid Rider!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 11th July 2020 at 09:12.
84.monsoon is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 11:25   #476
BHPian

Quote:
For those who may have missed getting the Rapid Rider, you may actually be lucky you didn’t move too fast!
I agree with this statement of yours but for somewhat different reasons. Considering Zac's statement of a surprise next week associated with Rapid, I seriously believe a Rapid plus might be on the cards. Once that has been launched, that would be the best contendor for comparison to vento comfortline. I expect them to be similarly priced and have a pretty similar feature list. I am sure that would make the choice between a Rapid and a Vento even more difficult.

I personally prefer Rapid's looks because of its bold front stance, however, I am also impressed by the understated elegance that vento has. Let's see what Zac has stored for us.
SidR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 12:04   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
I expect them to be similarly priced and have a pretty similar feature list. I am sure that would make the choice between a Rapid and a Vento even more difficult.
From whatever I have heard so far from dealerships, the Rider Plus is certain to get a touchscreen ICE (Fingers crossed that it is the RCD unit and not the cheap android unit) and steering mounted controls. This would be a major differentiator between Vento CL Plus and Rapid Rider Plus, considering that the net ex-showroom price (after discounts on Vento CL Plus) is almost the same for both the cars. And maybe I am being wishful, but if Skoda throws in driver seat adjustment in the Rider Plus, then it should become a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
I personally prefer Rapid's looks because of its bold front stance, however, I am also impressed by the understated elegance that vento has. Let's see what Zac has stored for us.
This is the biggest plus point I feel the Rapid has over the Vento. The front of the Rider gives it a big car, premium stance, whereas the Vento honestly looks like an extension of the Polo.
vishal_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 13:09   #478
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-halted-417967

This Autocar link pretty much confirms the existence of the Rider Plus.

As per the article, apart from having more colours to choose from, it might be equipped with:

1. Alloys wheels
2. LED DRLs

In that case, we can definitely expect to see:

1. Steering mounted controls
2. Master switch for power windows
3. Full blown MID
4. Height adjustable driver's seat

Now they need to differentiate it from the Ambition wisely in order to avoid cannibalising its sales.

Last edited by shankha007 : 11th July 2020 at 13:12. Reason: Added info
shankha007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 13:32   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankha007 View Post

As per the article, apart from having more colours to choose from, it might be equipped with:

1. Alloys wheels
2. LED DRLs

In that case, we can definitely expect to see:

1. Steering mounted controls
2. Master switch for power windows
3. Full blown MID
4. Height adjustable driver's seat
The Rider Plus variant has been confirmed unofficially. But when you look at the expected ex-Showroom price, various reports from dealerships across the country are pegging it at 7.99 to 8.25 L, which means a 50 K - 75K increase. We will have clarity of everything on Monday.

Given that the Rider was already priced very aggresively, and given that the expected increase is not substantial, it is impossible to have alloys and LED DRLs being included in this price. The other four items mentioned above are most likely to be included along with a touch screen ICE.
vishal_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 16:34   #480
BHPian

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why should the Ambition variant exist if the Rider Plus (rumoured) is going to get a touchscreen ICE and alloy wheels? The Rider variant is already pretty well loaded for what is essentially a base variant, and if the rumoured Rider Plus variant is going to address it's deficiencies, then why would anybody bother buying the higher variants?

I always thought that the Rider variant with it's stellar pricing was just a trick to get customer footfalls into the showroom, like many brands do. Looks like that isn't the case, and I am glad that I've been proven wrong.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks