Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Tata Hexa today?
Yes 563 67.34%
No 273 32.66%
Voters: 836. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2020, 19:08   #61
MMV
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Tata Hexa

Was reading this thread for few days and pondering over my response.Let me explain on short reason for this confusion.

As highlighted by fellow members , Hexa has a butch road presence and is VFM. But as pointed by many, only the AT variant is a pleasure to drive. I had used Hexa from Zoom Cars (MT) for a 2day trip, felt it had soul of a truck. Maneuverability in city traffic / narrow roads is a task.
So it's a good vehicle to have for highway trips, but as an overall mobility option it's not recommended. One will be better off not using Hexa for daily commute in cities like Mumbai (revalidated by traffic pile up on EEH today evening).

Voted No basis above, however I am keen to buy an AT variant at right price as a second vehicle.
Old 17th July 2020, 07:52   #62
BHPian

Ah yes it's a Friday morning guys!! There's the thrill of the weekend in all our hearts and minds. But we will all agree that there's something else (that's closer to our hearts and always on our minds) that is causing the child like excitement and happiness on Friday morning...

You guessed it! Its time for the 'preworshipped car of the week'. I can't wait to see what's in store for us!!

The wonderful teambhp folks have given us 8 wonderful car options in the last 8 weeks. Tata Hexa being my favourite amongst them (hence the post here..haha).

This is what we've had till now:
22 May - Honda Accord V6
29 May - Mercedes W124
4 June - Volkswagen Jetta 6th Gen
11 June - Toyota Fortuner
19 June - Mercedes W212
26 June - Renault Duster
3 July - Skoda Octavia
10 July - Tata Hexa

Did I wake up late and missed something before 22 May also..? Aah what the heck! Der aaye durust Aaye! Loved reading all the comments in all these threads. I don't intend to buy a car myself but the preworshipped car should get more attention and these kind of threads are super interesting.

Hexa is a special car. An Indian car. An all in one car. I am proud of it. Its not the best car but there is no such thing is there. Every car on this list has its own special existence and capabilities. Cars are like that. Each is awesome in its own way

Last edited by sjain2054 : 17th July 2020 at 07:54.
sjain2054 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 01:02   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
As highlighted by fellow members , Hexa has a butch road presence and is VFM.
So it's a good vehicle to have for highway trips, but as an overall mobility option it's not recommended. One will be better off not using Hexa for daily commute in cities like Mumbai (revalidated by traffic pile up on EEH today evening).

Voted No basis above, however I am keen to buy an AT variant at right price as a second vehicle.
Agree, it can be a task to pilot this for many of us. But that will be similar to other big cars. Which car is your daily drive right now? I came from XUV and had no issues in moving to Hexa. Definitely a task to pilot this compared to my S Cross. In general, high driving position and road presence makes up for the extra driving effort. And engine is fairly tractable from lower RPMs as well which aids driveability.
Old 19th July 2020, 07:17   #64
MMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Agree, it can be a task to pilot this for many of us. But that will be similar to other big cars. Which car is your daily drive right now? I came from XUV and had no issues in moving to Hexa. Definitely a task to pilot this compared to my S Cross.
I use an Etios, its typical of Toyotas to have better driveability despite the length. Many times google maps had made me turn to market roads / narrow by lanes which in a Hexa would have taken longer time to navigate through. But I definitely admire the highway experience of driving a Hexa.
MMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 13:39   #65
BHPian

Votes YES, As a I Bought a pre worshipped HEXA XTA 2017 -22k, 6 seater. Since then my family has started loving long drives.

Contrary to perception of driving in City, I drive it regularly in Bangalore, I dont find it very different from the other car that I have - Celerio AT; It only applies if you dont want to throw it around and have aggressive driving intent.
MaNishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:13   #66
BHPian

Voted a Yes.

Am looking for a Pre-worshipped Hexa XTA from Maharashtra with a budget cap.

In case any member does come across one, please do PM me.
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:20   #67
BHPian

Voted a yes.

The comfort it offers is excellent. In fact I am in the market looking for a preowned XTA 6 seater in Pune but they are extremely difficult to come by
Old 13th September 2020, 03:27   #68
BHPian

Mods please move this to the appropriate thread.

Am looking for a used automatic vehicle. Need to seat 4 adults and 2 kids.
Are there any options in the market other than Automatic Hexa?

Budget of 12 lakh max, 2018 models and above with less than 40k kms run. We will keep it for a while so would like to buy a top end model.
Diesel preferred since we will use it for intercity travel.
Old 13th September 2020, 07:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Budget of 12 lakh max, 2018 models and above with less than 40k kms run. We will keep it for a while so would like to buy a top end model.
Diesel preferred since we will use it for intercity travel.
You need to up your budget if you’re looking for a 2018 and above model. Hexa is a good choice.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 08:22   #70
BHPian

Friends... I have narrowed down on hexa XTA 2017 model done <25k. Used only in city with 2 long drives in its entire life. Checked the vehicle and it is NEAT. What are the frequent issues or niggles that I should check and be wary of? Test driven and everything works great.. the damn thing pulls like a train. I'm just so hooked to buy it but still want to be aware. The 3 yrs warranty unfortunately expired in Mar 2020 and I'm told I cannot buy the extended warranty now.

Mods: pls route me to an appropriate thread if this is not the right place.
Old 20th October 2020, 09:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
Friends... I have narrowed down on hexa XTA 2017 model done <25k. Used only in city with 2 long drives in its entire life. Checked the vehicle and it is NEAT. What are the frequent issues or niggles that I should check and be wary of?.
Absolutely nothing beyond the usual squeak rattle panel gap stuff you accept as part and parcel of buying a Tata product. This is a good buy go ahead.
Old 20th October 2020, 09:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
I'm just so hooked to buy it but still want to be aware. The 3 yrs warranty unfortunately expired in Mar 2020 and I'm told I cannot buy the extended warranty now.

Mods: pls route me to an appropriate thread if this is not the right place.
The notorious engine head gasket leak. Check if this specimen belongs to that ill-fated batch. It should be pretty evident from the visual inspection of the engine bay. You should get information from the Hexa thread regarding the same and where to check for it. Tata will replace the engine head free of cost, but this is still something to be aware of.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 20th October 2020 at 09:40.
Old 20th October 2020, 10:21   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
The notorious engine head gasket leak. Check if this specimen belongs to that ill-fated batch. It should be pretty evident from the visual inspection of the engine bay. You should get information from the Hexa thread regarding the same and where to check for it. Tata will replace the engine head free of cost, but this is still something to be aware of.
That was an one off case right? That safari engine isn't that bad,
Old 20th October 2020, 12:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That was an one off case right? That safari engine isn't that bad,
It is definitely not a wide spread problem, but few people from our ownership group had this issue. Since it can easily be recognized from a visual inspection, better make it part of the evaluation checklist.
Old 20th October 2020, 12:22   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
It is definitely not a wide spread problem, but few people from our ownership group had this issue. Since it can easily be recognized from a visual inspection, better make it part of the evaluation checklist.
I would be surprised if someone bought a used car without leaving the hood up and engine running for at least a quick look.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks