Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 19:23   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

2021 Toyota Fortuner and Legender review

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th February 2021 at 19:24.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 20:26   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Had not been driving much for 2 days and took out Fortuner for a spin. ODO stands at 1800. Tried Sport and S mode, boy oh boy this is super fun. Imagine an elephant running as fast as deer! The engine note at higher RPM until 3.5K is music to ears. All through the drive I switched off music and the Engine/Gearbox is addictive. The steering feels nice as you pick up speed and is direct. That said there is oodles of body roll.
Short spirited drive did give an idea as to what FE to expect if driven pedal to metal .

This on a 2 lane twisty road:
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img_20210218_192215.jpg

Last edited by manson : 26th February 2021 at 00:10.
PrideRed is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 23:07   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Hey Angad,

Thanks for the summary. Wanted to check with you specifically on the point about ride quality of the New Fortuner over Endeavour over broken roads, open highways etc? From the few comments so far I have gathered that the current gen Fortuner is an improvement over the last gen but still falls short of the Endeavour terrain. My question is how much is the difference ? Is it really enough to sway the call in one direction ?
Hey, i am extremely sorry for the delayed response,
My test drive was limited to a smooth open backroad so i doubt i will be in a position to answer that, but it will be safe to assume that since toyota hasn't made any major hardware changes to the suspension there won't be much of a difference over the pre-facelift model. You can be rest assured that the other changes toyota has done to the vehicle are enough to change your mind from the endeavour to it,especially the driving department. It might not look or feel as premium but even if you occasionally get behind the wheel it will be worth the compromise. I have driven my car with a full load plenty many times on highways and bad roads and the ride gets better with more people on board, so if it is primarily a family used car the ride won't be an issue.
Angad sahani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 06:10   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angad sahani View Post
Hey, i am extremely sorry for the delayed response,
My test drive was limited to a smooth open backroad so i doubt i will be in a position to answer that, but it will be safe to assume that since toyota hasn't made any major hardware changes to the suspension there won't be much of a difference over the pre-facelift model. You can be rest assured that the other changes toyota has done to the vehicle are enough to change your mind from the endeavour to it,especially the driving department. It might not look or feel as premium but even if you occasionally get behind the wheel it will be worth the compromise. I have driven my car with a full load plenty many times on highways and bad roads and the ride gets better with more people on board, so if it is primarily a family used car the ride won't be an issue.
The front suspensions have been tuned and the valving has been changed compared to the 2020 models, for softer ride. There is a sea positive difference in the pitching and rolling discomfort from the earlier model.
getsurya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 14:46   #530
BHPian

Does anyone feel that powered tail gate is slow to respond? It is also strange that you have to remotely unlock the vehicle first and then hold the boot-open button for a few seconds before the action begins. Also the lack of illumination on Diesel Cap button is such an inconvenience too.
Old 19th February 2021, 15:33   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
Does anyone feel that powered tail gate is slow to respond?
Yes it is quite slow as this is not an electric assisted boot opening but there are jacks that actually do the lifting. So, it is actually a hydraulic boot release.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 17:19   #532
Senior - BHPian

I'm somehow warming up to Fortuner these days, especially with the new design it gets necessary sharpness as compared to older one (seen quite a few one now).

The engine specs & performance is better & the resale is tremendous (practically implying there would be someone ready to buy my 2 lakhs run truck at the end of 10th year, unless Govt pulls out another bunny from hat).

The price & perceptible safety could have been better, but then market dynamics are definitely driving the brand. To be honest, despite capability to buy in 50% cash & remaining on loan, I may never buy this (similar) vehicle, & I would rather buy a 5 seater (my family has tendency to ferry hoards when relatives drop in, & being a driver when other are ruining/ soiling your vehicle irks me lot).

But, yes best of luck to guys who buy this & are planning to do so this is a sane choice financially & has capabilities to match the price.
Old 19th February 2021, 18:11   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
So, it is actually a hydraulic boot release.
But Isn't it Electronic? Since it auto closes with a button too. How is this different from say other manufacturer's powered tail gate? Toyota says it's "Fully automatic powered back door."
Old 19th February 2021, 20:25   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But Isn't it Electronic? Since it auto closes with a button too. How is this different from say other manufacturer's powered tail gate? Toyota says it's "Fully automatic powered back door."
Fortuner gets powered tailgate infact has a memory function too. This is not new and existed in pre-facelift too. Speed is similar to Endeavour, haven't checked in other cars recently though. There is an additional button in boot, which I presume is request sensor. Haven't got to try though.

Last edited by PrideRed : 19th February 2021 at 20:28.
Old 19th February 2021, 20:39   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Overdrive’s video review out.

Quad Lights on the Legender are absolutely blinding!

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-bb68cd479aac46ad9d71123d88016455.jpeg
Low beam

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-126bde1f5b7c411998d1440d9eba15ff.jpeg
High beam

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-a20707a79b394c82b775a166b573b307.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-627420d540c643e198cf0ab66bc04b75.jpeg

CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 22:38   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
There is an additional button in boot, which I presume is request sensor. Haven't got to try though.
Haven't noticed any button as such other than the tail-gate button. Was anyone able to get the "geo-fencing" and other connected technology features to work? I tried the Toyota Connect India App but looks like it's only good for service booking.
Old 20th February 2021, 07:39   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't noticed any button as such other than the tail-gate button.
This is the another button under the chrome strip on the tailgate where FORTUNER has been written. It is between and under the T and U of FORTUNER:
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-img_20210220_072939.jpg

Last edited by manson : 26th February 2021 at 00:14.
Old 20th February 2021, 08:22   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
There is an additional button in boot, which I presume is request sensor. Haven't got to try though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
This is the other button under the chrome strip on the tailgate where FORTUNER has been written. It is between and under the T and U of FORTUNER.
The round button on the right is to lock the boot once we have shut it, quoting from the official review.

Quote:
Electromagnetic boot release button on the left with the 'lock' button on the right. With the smartkey in your pocket, simply press the boot release and the tailgate will open (long-press button to close the tailgate). Once done, press the round 'lock' button to secure the vehicle. Be sure to lock it this way, else the cabin will be accessible to anyone
Old 24th February 2021, 13:45   #539
Senior - BHPian

Some gutsy dealer has let these folks take a brand new fortuner off road! Review is for 4x4 AT.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 11:36   #540
Team-BHP Support

Drove the new one.

To be honest, I found all aspects of the '21 Fortuner better than '16 Endeavour 3.2 Titanium, I have driven 3 of them, significantly, for 14 to 16 hours on multiple days and on all kinds of roads. The NVH is very good, must say as good as active noise cancellation in the Ford.

Surprisingly, I had not even sat in the 2016 to 2020 Fortuner, so I can not comment on that.

The best part was the gearbox. It is similar in nature to the 2018 Tucson AWD.

Just one thing, I am not very confident of the all LED lamps, will have to drive a bit more, but to be honest, not much difference between the bi-beam and MUL' LED's.

Have not driven in sport mode or spiritedly as the SUV is just around 100 kms mark on the odo.

Post more miles are put in, I can find the good and bad bits and share more.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th March 2021 at 18:08. Reason: Minor typo
Sheel is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks