Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2021, 11:34   #436
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
It is now a much more desirable package and the best car in the segment in terms of fun-to-drive factor.
But the price difference between the Endeavour is now almost 6 lakhs in my city. It could be even more if the discounts on Endeavour are added. Even if we factor in the reliability, the powerful engine, the resale value it makes me wonder if the price gap is becoming too big.
Old 4th February 2021, 12:08   #437
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Finally a drive review of the facelifted fortuner other than Gaadiwaadi
Wonder if we will ever get to see a proper professional review instead of these amateurish, fly-by-night videos from kids who might still be on their learner's license . Where are the Autocars and Overdrives of the world? Did they not get hold of one yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
Black with chamois interiors looks pretty good.
I wonder why very few people choose these interiors over black.
I have seen chamois interiors on the pre-facelift and these are not as appealing in person as in pics/videos - strictly my point of view. Also, the chamois portion on front panel (surrounding the touch screen) sticks out like a sore thumb on an otherwise full-black dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
But the price difference between the Endeavour is now almost 6 lakhs in my city
Are you sure about this? Here, in Bangalore, the on-road price of Fortuner 4x4 AT is Rs. 47.38 lac and that of the Endeavour Sport 4x4 AT is Rs. 45.12 lac - that is a difference of only about 2.2 lac. Even if you consider the Endeavour Titanium+ 4x4 AT, at an on-road price of 44.31 lac, the difference is just about 3 lac. While I agree that the Endeavour is more VFM any day, Fortuner is a brand in itself and with all the changes coming in with the facelift, has become all the more appealing. Ford has committed a blunder by not getting in the bi-turbo engine on the Endeavour, which now appears all the more under-powered with the beefed up motor under the Toyota's hood. Other areas where the Endeavour scored above the Fortuner also seem to have been worked upon by Toyota - steering, ride, sound system, cabin insulation, etc. while Ford is busy dropping differentiating features from its flagship product - ANC, rear heater, speakers, etc.! If this is not Hara-kiri, what is?

Last edited by cool_dube : 4th February 2021 at 12:18.
cool_dube is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 12:09   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But the price difference between the Endeavour is now almost 6 lakhs in my city. It could be even more if the discounts on Endeavour are added. Even if we factor in the reliability, the powerful engine, the resale value it makes me wonder if the price gap is becoming too big.
The price difference I can see is maximum ₹3Lakhs in case of Titanium+ 4X4 vs 4X4 AT of the Fortuner, ₹2Lakh in case of the Sport 4X4 variant to the 4X4 AT Fortuner. No way can it be ₹6Lakh unless I am missing something. ₹2-3Lakh can be recovered easily at the time selling.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-a7bdfbbb0e694417b6b2aaaa59680d14.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-75b0d5f2c7f3412f8b6c76e2b9f42a40.jpeg

Unless you mean Legender vs Endeavour’s Titanium + 4X2 AT approx difference of ₹6Lakh?
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-617d5765c77e4a1199adbfe96816b310.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 4th February 2021 at 12:15.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 16:18   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Are you sure about this?
Quote:
The price difference I can see is maximum ₹3Lakhs in case of Titanium+ 4X4 vs 4X4 AT of the Fortuner, ₹
I looked at the base models of both. Endeavour Titanium 2.0 4x2 AT costing 35.99 and Fortuner 2.8 Diesel 4x2 AT at 41.70 and assumed a discount of 1 lakh on the Endeavour.
Old 4th February 2021, 16:35   #440
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner & Legender bookings cross 5k mark

Toyota has received over 5,000 bookings for the new Fortuner and Legender within a month of its launch. The carmaker has also started dealer dispatches across India.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-new-fortuner.jpg

The Fortuner facelift was launched on January 6, 2021. The SUV is available with two engine options - a 2.7-litre petrol that makes 164 BHP / 245 Nm and a 2.8-litre diesel with 201 BHP / 420 Nm (with 6-speed MT) and 201 BHP / 500 Nm (6-speed AT).

2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-legender.jpg

The Legender is the new top variant and is only available with a diesel engine paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission. While standard Fortuner diesel gets an optional all-wheel drive, the Legender is rear-wheel drive only.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 5th February 2021 at 10:08.
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 16:40   #441
BHPian

Quote:
and assumed a discount of 1 lakh on the Endeavour.
A discount of 1 lakh on a new 2021 Endeavour is not possible. I am talking in the area of Punjab and Chandigarh. In this area the sale of Endeavour is very high and discounts generally do not go above 30 Thousand. Although the year end discounts may even hover around 1.50 lakhs.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 17:26   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
A discount of 1 lakh on a new 2021 Endeavour is not possible. I am talking in the area of Punjab and Chandigarh. In this area the sale of Endeavour is very high and discounts generally do not go above 30 Thousand. Although the year end discounts may even hover around 1.50 lakhs.
Even here I see so many new Endeavors. In our apartment complex 5 new ones arrived in the last 2 weeks and I thought there was some deep discounting going on. Anyway, this is the Fortuner's page and I dont want to take it off topic.

I am in the market to upgrade from my Hexa and the Fortuner is the only one right now I can upgrade to.
Old 4th February 2021, 17:38   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner & Legender bookings cross 5k mark

Looks like this is the only car at ~₹40 Lakh which has managed to get these kind of bookings in 1 month. to Toyota for this achievement.

But I have a serious question for Toyota India, what’s the point of this if you aren’t able to arrange test-drives for prospective customers, media. Demo cars also came almost 10-15 days after launch.

I agree the factory was facing issues but then they could have planned the launch better, made enough cars for the media fleet, test-drive vehicles at showrooms across India and then launched the car at a later date.
Old 4th February 2021, 17:52   #444
BHPian

Waiting for reliable reviews on the updated 201BHP/500NM version of the facelift. Curious to know how much the new variable flow control system has improved the steering experience at low speeds. Came to know through some random youtube videos that the suspension has been slightly reworked to improve ride quality.

Attaching a video link here in which a sub 10 second 0-100kmph sprint time was achieved in sport mode eventhough a proper Vbox is not shown in the clip.
JohaanTJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:19   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
2.8-litre diesel with 175 BHP / 420 Nm (with 6-speed MT) and 201 BHP / 500 Nm (6-speed AT).Link to Team-BHP News
The manual also develops 201 bhp of power.
Old 4th February 2021, 18:52   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2.8-litre diesel with 175 BHP / 420 Nm (with 6-speed MT) and 201 BHP / 500 Nm (6-speed AT)
This is incorrect. The max output remains the same (201 BHP) for both MT and AT variants. It is just the max torque that changes from MT to AT. Please see excerpt below from Toyota India website:
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs-tf.jpg

Quote:
But I have a serious question for Toyota India, what’s the point of this if you aren’t able to arrange test-drives for prospective customers, media.
You have answered your own question below The whole point is that 5 thousand-plus customers have committed to buying a 40-plus lac car without even getting to drive one - why would TKM bother to provide test drive cars with THAT kind of a cult following? On a serious note, what I am being told is that given the limited production capacity of the Bidadi plant (due to the ongoing unrest), dealers are prioritizing customer deliveries over test drive cars.

Quote:
Looks like this is the only car at ~₹40 Lakh which has managed to get these kind of bookings in 1 month. to Toyota for this achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohaanTJ View Post
Waiting for reliable reviews on the updated 201BHP/500NM version of the facelift.
Amen! Have been requesting mods for a quick preview on key changes - steering, ride, engine performance, sound quality, etc. if not a full-blown review.

Last edited by cool_dube : 4th February 2021 at 18:57.
Old 4th February 2021, 19:15   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toyota has received over 5,000 bookings for the new Fortuner and Legender within a month of its launch. The carmaker has also started dealer dispatches across India.
Thats 2000 - 2500 Crs of business! Damn the Fortuner is popular!

I think Toyota understand something about the Indian market which we dont seem to get!
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 19:19   #448
Senior - BHPian

No wonder Toyota keeps jacking up the retail prices every time they launch a facelift or a generation change. As much as we like complaining about how greedy Toyota is in doing what they do for the Innova and Fortuner, instances like these just goes to show how strong 'Brand Toyota' is in the premium segments.

There's absolutely no other car-maker that can think of mounting a challenge to Toyota, Innova upwards. Skoda's Superb is the only exception that puts up a fight with the Camry although the volumes there are inconsequential.
Old 4th February 2021, 19:29   #449
BHPian

This is why I would buy a Fortuner 10 out of 10 times if I were in the market for a 7 seater SUV. The number of cars sold and reliability means you will never have to struggle for parts or resale value on it. The Safari might be half the cost but resale and future proofing will bulldoze your ownership experience into shambles. I own a Hexa and love it to bits, but I know I will have tears in my eyes when it comes to resale value.
yd_gli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 20:10   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
There's absolutely no other car-maker that can think of mounting a challenge to Toyota
Agree! Fortuner is the king of its segment for more than a decade now. The Endeavour did manage to breathe down its neck for a few years but come 2020 and BAM! Ford decides to get charitable and plonk a 2 lit pot in there
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks