Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:31   #421
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The upcoming XUV500 looks even more promising. The days of Toyota having a monopoly in the SUV-Fortuner/MUV-Innova segment is truly over.
Well, Toyotas' have never been value for money in terms of bells and whistles, not only in indian market but worldwide, in all the markets. Toyota cars are always overpriced. This is the price paid by customers for unmatched reliability and excellent service network.
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:34   #422
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift spied undisguised in India. EDIT: Now Launched at Rs. 29.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Randhawa View Post
Also as rightly pointed out by you, the jbl system is not out of the world type experience but something which is bare minimum expected at this price band.
I had same opinion when I tested speakers for short time in showroom, they felt pretty average. However in the car I own they sound good, the speakers need break in. My comparison is with Endeavour. Fortuner falls short w.r.to Bass but scores higher w.r.to clarity and music is richer. If you are looking for just thumping bass, this may not suit your taste. Not outstanding per se, but sounds pretty good to me.
Quote:
If buyers are out to get a 4X2 vehicle, suddenly the Tata Safari 2021 looks like a credible competitor to the Fortuner at half the price of the Fortuner and with all bells and whistles - panoramic sunroof et-al and with a competent/tough Landrover D8 derived underpinnings.
The upcoming XUV500 looks even more promising. The days of Toyota having a monopoly in the SUV-Fortuner/MUV-Innova segment is truly over.
The previous gen Safari and XUV were rich in features and did also come with 4x4, however prospective buyers were different. The Fortuner/Endeavour costs more than double and have different aspirational value. A Superb delivers much more than a A6, but clientele are different and there is hardly any cross shopping.

Last edited by PrideRed : 2nd February 2021 at 10:00.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:45   #423
BHPian

Quote:
If buyers are out to get a 4X2 vehicle, suddenly the Tata Safari 2021 looks like a credible competitor to the Fortuner at half the price of the Fortuner and with all bells and whistles - panoramic sunroof et-al and with a competent/tough Landrover D8 derived underpinnings.

I do not really agree with the point.
Yes the safari definitely looks tempting.
But both the vehicles are from different segments and are not to be compared.
The earlier XUV was loaded with features with respect to the features of fortuner/endeavour of that generation , but that never had an impact on sales of either.
It will still remain the same, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I had same opinion when I tested speakers for short time in showroom, they felt pretty average. However in the car I own they sound good, the speakers need break in. My comparison is with Endeavour. Fortuner falls short w.r.to Bass but scores higher w.r.to clarity and music is richer. If you are looking for just thumping bass, this may not suit your taste. Not outstanding per se, but sounds pretty good to me.

Could you please tell if the speaker comparison is between the 9 speakers set up in endeavour and the 9 speaker set up in the fortuner?

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd February 2021 at 09:58. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:54   #424
Senior - BHPian

[quote=db DrivE;4991906]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Could you please tell if the speaker comparison is between the 9 speakers set up in endeavour and the 9 speaker set up in the fortuner?
The comparison is between 10 speaker unit of Endeavour with 11 speaker of Fortuner. I have a Crysta with amp and JBL/Infinity speakers without Subwoofer. Endeavour induces Thumping bass to almost all songs, which the Fortuner doesnot. Bass in Endeavour is deeper too. However when it comes to clarity/richness Fortuner scores better. I am not an audiophile but I can hear additional instruments more clearly in Fortuner. Vocals sound good too. Loudness is similar in both. Hope this helps.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:59   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
This is a chauffer driven car, hence MT made more sense
Agree. In that case, why do you wish you had opted for an AT instead, after driving 25-odd kms?
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 12:23   #426
BHPian

[quote=PrideRed;4991912]
Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post

The comparison is between 10 speaker unit of Endeavour with 11 speaker of Fortuner. I have a Crysta with amp and JBL/Infinity speakers without Subwoofer. Endeavour induces Thumping bass to almost all songs, which the Fortuner doesnot. Bass in Endeavour is deeper too. However when it comes to clarity/richness Fortuner scores better. I am not an audiophile but I can hear additional instruments more clearly in Fortuner. Vocals sound good too. Loudness is similar in both. Hope this helps.

Thanks!
It does help.
Sorry my bad with the speaker count.
Old 3rd February 2021, 16:53   #427
BHPian

My friend today took delivery of 4x2 automatic from globe Toyota Mohali. Apparently, he had booked the car just 5 days ago and was able to get the car quickly because he bought accessories worth 1.50 lakhs. I was very frustrated about the lack of test-drive vehicle but now i will finally get to drive the new Fortuner.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 18:41   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
My friend today took delivery of 4x2 automatic from globe Toyota Mohali. Apparently, he had booked the car just 5 days ago and was able to get the car quickly because he bought accessories worth 1.50 lakhs. I was very frustrated about the lack of test-drive vehicle but now i will finally get to drive the new Fortuner.
Congratulations to your friend. 5 days is super quick! I'm assuming that the color is Super White. If so, this combination (4x2 AT in Super White) is the fastest moving and hence, production/availability is highest. That said, accessories worth such a high amount would also be a contributing factor.

BTW, TKM is not out of the woods yet with the ongoing unrest at their Bidadi facility and therefore, assembly lines are still operating at a significantly lower capacity. This would continue to impact customer deliveries as well as availability of test drive vehicles. I just hope it does not impact the quality of cars rolling off assembly lines

Do keep us posted on your drive experience.

Last edited by cool_dube : 3rd February 2021 at 18:47.
Old 3rd February 2021, 20:42   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
5 days is too quick, waiting for my Legender since 1 month, just got an update that the car will be delivered by 3rd week of February. I didn’t opt for any accessories and also got the handling charges waved off, this might be the reason for the delay in delivering my car.
Old 3rd February 2021, 21:27   #430
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner Legender detailed walkaround

Old 3rd February 2021, 21:37   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I'm assuming that the color is Super White. If so, this combination (4x2 AT in Super White) is the fastest moving and hence, production/availability is highest. That said, accessories worth such a high amount would also be a contributing factor.
Yes, the colour is super white. Also, they bought 2 cars (both 4x2 automatic, super white). One is my friend's and other is his uncle's, so total accessories worth 3 lakhs.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 22:48   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Don't write off Toyota yet, Marazzo came and went and Innova Crysta is still ruling the roost. After Fortuner came there were and are so many SUV's Endy, Isuzu MU-X, Alturas etc at a lower price point but still the Fortuner outsells all. Then came some MUV's that made Innova Crysta look rather VFM eg the Carnival. On the same note if I wanted a no nonsense 6-7 seater I'd first look at the Innova Crysta and not a Tata Safari which being a 'new' Tata product will have its sets of gremlins.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th February 2021 at 18:33. Reason: typos
Durango Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 23:25   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally a drive review of the facelifted fortuner other than Gaadiwaadi.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 08:03   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Finally a drive review of the facelifted fortuner other than Gaadiwaadi.

https://Youtu.be/LTdCCp3t0so

Black with chamois interiors looks pretty good.
I wonder why very few people choose these interiors over black.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 10:39   #435
BHPian

Drove the new Fortuner. Here are some of my observations and some differences compared to my pre-facelift 4x2 automatic Fortuner-:

1. The engine is a lot more powerful than before. In sport mode it revs very freely. I did not press full throttle because of the run-in period but at half throttle also it feels much quicker than the pre-facelift.

2. Engine refinement has definitely improved. The engine note is much sweeter than before and engine clatter has been reduced drastically. Much better NVH levels than before.

3. The suspension has been softened but only a little bit. It is still stiff and nowhere near the Endeavour in terms of suspension cushioning. But it is not a deal breaker either and the suspension is certainly more liveable than before.

4. The hydraulic steering has been made lighter than before but will still feel heavy for those who love Endeavour's EPS unit. I personally love the hydraulic unit on Fortuner and was one of the main reasons i picked the Fortuner over the Endeavour in 2018.

5. I did not like the charcoal black upholstery at all. I like the brown interiors of my Fortuner more than the charcoal black. But, the chamois colour is the best out of the three and the car feels plush with chamois upholstery. If i was in the market for the new Fortuner, I would definitely pick the chamois interior over the charcoal black. (Just my personal opinion, no offence to anyone owning Fortuner with charcoal black upholstery)

P.S- The car has been improved substantially, especially in terms of engine performance and NVH levels. It is now a much more desirable package and the best car in the segment in terms of fun-to-drive factor.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks