Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 21:14   #571
BHPian

Re: A Close Look : Kia Sonet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Its Capital Kia Adyar.
Right, thank you! Was there any mention of the Chennai pricing or the test-drive dates by the dealer?
gusfring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 21:41   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
In this frame, it looks like the car gets narrower towards the top half. Though numbers don't suggest so (Sonet width - 1790; last gen Creta width - 1780), this looks too narrow when compared to last gen Creta, I am not sure if it is due to angle of this screen grab.
It’s also got to do with a darker colour, from the top the Sonet is definitely narrower but from the bottom it could be as wide( if only the colour was lighter). A fair comparison would be possible with the same colour Sonet and first gen Creta.
Old 7th September 2020, 21:58   #573
Senior - BHPian

A Close Look : Kia Sonet

I think the Sonet is one of the better looking under 4m Cross overs in India right now. The Brezza feels bland, the XUV300 i is surely not cohesive due to its abrupt end to its rear, the Venue is not cohesive either and looks very odd in some angles. The new Nexon and the Ecosport look very good as well, so the Sonet, along with the Nexon and the Ecosport are the best looking cars here, at least thats my opinion.

However, the Venue is narrow and less spacious compared to the others, and I guess that cannot change much with the Sonet. So if someone wants space in a well equipped, safe car, the Nexon is the one.
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 22:02   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
So the Sonet is 20mm wider than Venue, I think its similar between the Creta and Seltos. Nexon is another 20 mm wider and hence looks more planted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
It's wider but I don't think it translates to interior space. The width is taken up by the side bulges.
Well neither the Nexon nor the Sonet are proper 3 adult seaters, at the back. Best for 2 overtly healthy adults or 2 average adults and 1 kid. Anymore, and the middle person will not be happy (this is the story with most compact SUVs today, maybe barring the Brezza (don't know, just guessing).

What i'm waiting to see is if after seating a 5"9 sized adult at the front, is the more than sufficient knee room at the back, compared to Nexon.
Old 7th September 2020, 22:48   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Right, thank you! Was there any mention of the Chennai pricing or the test-drive dates by the dealer?
Infact the approximate price, when I asked, told by the sales executive was 8.3lks Ex-showroom for HTK+ Diesel MT 😳 (which I have booked), which is nowhere coming near the rumoured price tag of 9.69lks! He said, to beat the Venue in competition that's the price tag they're expecting. I would be happy even if it is priced at around 9-9.15lks Ex-showroom.

Test drive should be available by this weekend as per him.
Old 7th September 2020, 23:24   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidIqbalShaik View Post
The Kia Sonet most probably has wireless Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay. Yes, you have read it right.
Can somebody visiting the showrooms navigate on the HU as shown below and check whether the following option appears? If it does, then this is it!

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-imarkup_20200907_231947.jpg
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 08:03   #577
Senior - BHPian

Are you guessing about the Nexon not seating three in comfort (rear bench) or have you tried it? It seats three properly. Real time feed from rear camera (as someone here pointed out) is available on Nexon as well. The wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play are highly unlikely on the Sonet since the Seltos doesn't get it. High-end cars have it for now, but if they have done it, then kudos to the Sonet team. I'm all ears, and so excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Well neither the Nexon nor the Sonet are proper 3 adult seaters, at the back
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:26   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Infact the approximate price, when I asked, told by the sales executive was 8.3lks Ex-showroom for HTK+ Diesel MT 😳 (which I have booked), which is nowhere coming near the rumoured price tag of 9.69lks! He said, to beat the Venue in competition that's the price tag they're expecting. I would be happy even if it is priced at around 9-9.15lks Ex-showroom.

Test drive should be available by this weekend as per him.
This is highly unlikely. The Diesel range will start close to where the Venue starts, i.e. 8.1 lakh - this will be for the HTE. Layering on the features found in higher versions, HTK and HTK+, mainly the following:

8 inch touchscreen system,
Rear view camera etc.
  • 16 inch wheels and tires instead of 15 inch,
  • Fog Lamps,
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Auto AC
  • Uplifted interiors with leatherette finishes
  • Roof rails
  • Electric adjustable and fold-able ORVMs with turn indicators
  • Keyless entry
  • Rear defogger and parcel shelf

These features are cumulatively worth at least Rs. 1 lakh so I don't expect the HTK+ Diesel Manual to be anywhere under Rs. 9 lakhs. The hope is that with the addition of an Auto transmission, Kia can keep the further price delta for an HTK+ Diesel Auto to under 1 lakh, so that this vraitn can stay under the magic Rs 10 lakh price point.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 11:07   #579
Vmv
BHPian

Have a look at almost all the colour variants of the new Kia Sonet.
Source : 91wheels whats app Group
Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0020.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0019.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0018.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0017.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0016.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0015.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0011.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0012.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0013.jpg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-img20200908wa0014.jpg  

Vmv is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 11:49   #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Congratulations Adarsh!

Did you also decide the color?

From the pictures that are floating on the internet, the blue looks like a killer shade.

Did they hint on the probable pricing by any means? Also, how is the booking and cancelation policies just in case if you want to shift your booking to a different varient once the prices are launched?

Thanks again for the initial ride review as well. I'm in the market for a sub 4M car and will certainly be checking this out once we start the mandatory showroom visits.

Drive safe,
R-Six
Hey, thank you so much! Yes, I chose the dual tone red+black colour and red colour as my second preference. They informed me that red is the colour which has the most bookings.

They were hinting that the GTX+ Diesel Auto will be priced between 15-15.25 lakhs (on road in Pune)
About the booking, they are not quite flexible I guess, they were firm on me deciding the variant. But, the SA told that I can switch my booking to Seltos anytime (I was hinting that I might look at Seltos HTK+ D-AT if Sonet exceeds 15.5 on road).
I am not sure about cancellation, they are quite busy now with so many bookings, cancellation is definitely not a big deal for them anymore

Another important point: The Horn in the Sonet is the same classy German-style one seen in the Seltos/Creta
Adarsh.E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 11:58   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
Have a look at almost all the colour variants of the new Kia Sonet.
Source : 91wheels whats app Group
Any specific reason why companies don’t include a White shade in their media cars? I feel white shades accentuates the proportions of any well designed car.
I am yet to see a proper finished Sonet in white shade. I’m sure it’ll look great.
What we have seen is the test car, that too the picture quality wasn’t that great.
Old 8th September 2020, 13:41   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Any specific reason why companies don’t include a White shade in their media cars? I feel white shades accentuates the proportions of any well designed car.
I am yet to see a proper finished Sonet in white shade. I’m sure it’ll look great.
What we have seen is the test car, that too the picture quality wasn’t that great.
I booked 1.0 tgdi dct gtx+ in white with black roof. I wanted to see the same colour in the media drive or even white for that matter. I hope white+black looks good. I saw images of the gravity grey colour and that would be my second preference.
Old 8th September 2020, 14:01   #583
BHPian

Does anyone have pictures of the middle variants (HTK or HTK PLUS). I haven’t seen any apart from the test mule video.
Old 8th September 2020, 14:06   #584
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
Have a look at almost all the colour variants of the new Kia Sonet. Source : 91wheels whats app Group
Love the gold beige colour. It's very different and good looking to whites and silvers. Should be easy to maintain unlike dark shades. Next choice for me should be Blue shade. BTW I'm not buying any new car.
Old 8th September 2020, 14:19   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Haven’t seen a black Sonet so posting these,
Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look : Kia Sonet-60a41a5bd68a40489529f4b012f95aec.jpeg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-5b0a5acb85bb4fdf82fc97649d51f199.jpeg  

A Close Look : Kia Sonet-e6d08761ab8448a7955823879004065e.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com