Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2021, 11:40   #256

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

@yesyeswe

Thanks to you I've realised the importance of safety and cancelled the Seltos HTX variant. But I'm in 2 minds about a Skoda, I've read some horror stories of Skoda servicing and that is making think about going for the fully loaded EcoSport (which I really loved by the way). I'm buying this car for my dad and I'm hoping the Skoda service centre wouldn't put my Dad through mental torment, he's not a car enthusiast and extremely gullible.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Skoda servicing, since you seem like a Skoda fan.

I'm a first time buyer and I really hope I make the best decision. Apologies in advance if this question has already been answered around here.
growlshant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 14:27   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by growlshant View Post
@yesyeswe

Thanks to you I've realised the importance of safety and cancelled the Seltos HTX variant. But I'm in 2 minds about a Skoda, I've read some horror stories of Skoda servicing and that is making think about going for the fully loaded EcoSport (which I really loved by the way). I'm buying this car for my dad and I'm hoping the Skoda service centre wouldn't put my Dad through mental torment, he's not a car enthusiast and extremely gullible.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Skoda servicing, since you seem like a Skoda fan.

I'm a first time buyer and I really hope I make the best decision. Apologies in advance if this question has already been answered around here.
I will be able to answer this query for you since we have been associated with the Skoda family since 2008 ( Fabia to Rapid to MK3 FL Octavia ).
I am not going to lie but the service was not up to par till 2016/17. But the change in management and Skoda India's big India 2.0 innings has a lot of focus on not only their product portfolio but also the overall service experience. For one atleast the Bangalore dealers have become transparent. Special mention must be given to Zac Hollis who has been actively involved in improvement of their after sales. It had been evident when we left our Octavia for service back in November. I have heard a lot of positive reviews from a few other Skoda owners from other states as well.
There are a few loopholes that Skoda has to iron out which I am confident they will. They aren't perfect just yet but I can confidently say that Skoda are here to stay and are improving their ownership experience.
Octy17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 14:36   #258
BHPian

Quote:
I've read some horror stories of Skoda servicing and that is making think about going for the fully loaded EcoSport (which I really loved by the way). I'm buying this car for my dad and I'm hoping the Skoda service centre wouldn't put my Dad through mental torment, he's not a car enthusiast and extremely gullible.

I have owned Skoda Rapid since October 2016 And got my car serviced in Bangalore and in Delhi. And once a major repair job in Hyderabad. Let me assure you, i have so far faced nothing that I can call an issue. Contrary to that, my first car Maruti Suzuki was not repaired properly by Maruti ASS in Delhi which caused considerable car damage.

For the repair in Hyderabad for my Skoda, since I had to leave immediately for Hyderabad, they understood and asked me to pay 5000 (am estimate of co-pay and other expenses) and then adjust later once Insurance company approves the final delivery of car. That was all on trust.

So my experience has been pretty good.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 16:23   #259
BHPian

Quote:
@yesyeswe

I am not a fan of any particular brand, just an advocate of safe cars, having lost a family member in an accident, i just try to make people aware about safety. And for a fact i don't have a skoda vehicle, have a polo though. But i am fan of German engineering, Indian brands have to improve a bit.

Like @raj bhalla and @octy17 have said, the current management of skoda under zack hollis has changed completely, we are hearing less and less issues related to service and other issues now. Moreover there have been many instances of quality issues in Hyundai and kia now, specially braking issues. If you will follow Tbhp you will even get some pointers how to save on service cost as well.

I think you shouldn't worry now, kushaq would get launched in March with deliveries in June probably, wait for the reviews, take proper test drives and then decide. You can even consider cars like tata nexon, xuv 300 and tata altroz, but kushaq and taigun are going to be segment above.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 16:37   #260

Thanks @octy17, @raaj.bhalla and @yesyeswe.
That sounds very reassuring, looks like I'm going to have to wait for the Kushaq. I'm excited ��.
growlshant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 19:10   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @octy17, @raaj.bhalla and @yesyeswe.

That sounds very reassuring, looks like I'm going to have to wait for the Kushaq. I'm excited ��.

That's good to know. Having owned Rapid, I would have really looked forward to Kushaq as I know the build quality of the car. However I do not have the need to buy a car. Rapid saved me and my family on Bangalore Hyderabad highway on 24th Dec 2020 as it was turned 180 degree and one side of car was totalled. This happened as the truck I was overtaking flicked the rear of my car as it suddenly changed lane before I could complete the overtake. Trust me, no damage inside and we all were scratchless. It happened right in the half way to our destination and the car took us for the rest of the journey after the accident. Had it been any of the tin cans, I doubt I would be here writing this post.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 00:09   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
That's good to know. Having owned Rapid, I would have really looked forward to Kushaq as I know the build quality of the car. However I do not have the need to buy a car. Rapid saved me and my family on Bangalore Hyderabad highway on 24th Dec 2020 as it was turned 180 degree and one side of car was totalled. This happened as the truck I was overtaking flicked the rear of my car as it suddenly changed lane before I could complete the overtake. Trust me, no damage inside and we all were scratchless. It happened right in the half way to our destination and the car took us for the rest of the journey after the accident. Had it been any of the tin cans, I doubt I would be here writing this post.
It's really nice to hear a car saving someone's life. I wonder why more cars aren't built for better safety. If Tata can do it so can the others, most of all the Koreans. I hope all future cars coming out have state of the art safety.
growlshant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 09:56   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq review coming out at 3pm today!

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-247e210a2b2b425b807d329a6bd19d08.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 13:34   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

ŠKODA Kushaq teaser again before its upcoming 'veiled' review:

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-esjjb4hu4aabnzf.jpg

Source:ACI
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 15:01   #265
Senior - BHPian

Kushaq initial impressions, world premiere in March.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th January 2021 at 15:27.
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 15:19   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

The new ŠKODA KUSHAQ: made for the world, in India

Quote:
› First production model based on the MQB-A0-IN, specially developed by ŠKODA AUTO for India
› The KUSHAQ combines typical ŠKODA qualities with the preferences of Indian customers
› The mid-size SUV impresses with striking design, plenty of space, a great deal of comfort and high levels of safety as well as efficient TSI engines and modern infotainment systems
› World premiere of the new ŠKODA KUSHAQ will take place in India in March
› With the INDIA 2.0 project, ŠKODA AUTO is responsible for overseeing all Volkswagen Group activities on the Indian subcontinent
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-0.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodakushaqprototype01.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-eskwudlucaarul0.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-3.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-1.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-eskzft2veaits_i.jpg

Source: ŠKODA

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th January 2021 at 15:31.
volkman10 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 16:09   #267
BHPian

Summary:

1. Wheelbase longer than the Karoq, size is comparable to Creta/Seltos
2. Both 1.0 and 1.5 TFSI were tested by the journos
3. Both were prototypes with scope for improvement (primary objective of this media drive/feedback)
4. 1.0 Manual seemed to be the more complete prototype - similar feedback from multiple journos that it's the better car in its current state
5. DSG is the best in the segment (Autocar said it's the best one she's ever driven till date)
6. Suspension is good, 1.0 has the better feel at the moment
7. More of a compact 5-seater/comfortable 4-seater, good legroom and head room
8. Tunnel hump is low
9. Top notch safety - 6 airbags, ESC (standard), Hill-hold, TPMS, Isofix seats
10. Static launch in March
11. 10-16 lac price range(Assumption)

Personal Opinion: I'm sure the 1.5 TFSI will be improved upon, that's the one I'm eyeing, but we'll wait for some more info.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th January 2021 at 19:51. Reason: A word.
Shome is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 16:15   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Top notch safety on all variants - 6 airbags, ESC, Hill-hold, TPMS, Isofix seats
IIRC according to the media drive reviews ESP is standard on all variants but not the 6 airbags, hill hold, TPMS and the likes.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 16:19   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
IIRC according to the media drive reviews ESP is standard on all variants but not the 6 airbags, hill hold, TPMS and the likes.
Corrected! Thanks, I realize my point was confusing.
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 16:31   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Did I just notice in the 2nd video about a failed DRL?
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-kushaq-headlight.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks