Maruti reply with sales numbers to Tata Motors after Twitter jibe on WagonR

Attachment 2084804

https://twitter.com/MSArenaOfficial/...970684929?s=19
The reply is as cheap and flavourless as their vehicles
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 09:44   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating

If this so called fearmongering is what is going to get us safer cars across brands and across segments, then so be it! All power to GNCAP, please!

And these long-winded justification about two wheelers or three wheelers isn't going to get us anywhere. Poor excuses for someone without logical reasons to hide behind, that's what it is!! I can understand this coming from the narrowminded trop brass of Maruti or Hyundai with vested interest. They are really backed into a corner now. And quite rightly so! But I am staggered why some members here voice the same opinion? What's the play??

And if such reasoning prevailed always, humans wouldn't have flown, let alone go to the deep oceans or outer space. Excuses are just that, excuses! And we are talking about simple cars here. If manufacturers put their mind and effort to safety, this can easily be done! Tata and Mahindra has now shown us how it's done! More power to them too.

And I don't agree that the reason for not having safety is cost. Especially for the numbers that Maruti and Hyundai/ Kia do over here every month. The reason is profit. More and more profit. And there is a huge difference between the two. Especially in an assembly line churning so many units every minute.
deetjohn is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 09:48   #258
Senior - BHPian

The only reason Maruti is not offering this in India and offering it in other countries is a higher profit margin in making unsafe and thin skinned vehicles than in vehicles with basic safety features.

Remember, they were not even offering seatbelts till India finally mandated them and even then they were raising the excuse that most Indians don’t wear seatbelts, and that Indian traffic speeds are too low to cause many fatal accidents.

A little less profit for Suzuki and maybe a lakh or two less in Bhargava’s annual bonus won’t make me lose sleep if they’re forced to offer safer cars.
hserus is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 10:01   #259
BHPian

Kudos to Tata and Mahindra for taking the initiative to build safer cars for India!

GNCAP has really set the cat among the pigeons. I truly believe that the coming decade will be crucial for the Indian Automotive industry. With the ongoing pandemic, there is an increased awareness of safety that has reached the most rural parts of India. Every individual knows that personal safety is something that a government or an agency or a company cannot provide so the individual has to be smart with his/her choices to keep safe.

It is now the time for Tata and Mahindra to grab the GNCAP story with both hands and highlight it everywhere they can. Tweeting about it or sharing the crash test video on YouTube might help in the urban towns/cities but getting the message across to the Tier-2, Tier-3 cities is also very important. It will really be a punch in the gut of the so called "India's No 1 manufacturer" when the simple village dweller asks the Sales Advisor, "What is the safety rating of this car?".

Alas, most of it is wishful thinking and it might take few decades more to embed the idea of a safe car into the mind of Indian junta.

1) I don't wear a seatbelt, it hurts my neck/chest/stomach.
2) Rear passengers don't need to wear seatbelts because, well, they are sitting in the back.
3) I wear my helmet only to show the cops and avoid a fine. Rest of the time, i protect my elbow with it.
4) I'm going to the supermarket to buy vegetables. It is just a km or two from my place. I don't need a helmet.
5) SA - "Sir, this car has 4 airbags, ABS, front and side impact beams and a crash test rating of 4."
Indian customer - "But I can't see any of it! Show me a car that has a theatrical sunroof, 50inch touch screen and enough chrome to reflect the sunlight back to the sun!".

These are some of the excuses that are still running around today! And until these exist, we will have manufacturers producing tincans and 0-star cars.

I really hope that 2020 marks the beginning of an era when India will start driving safer cars.
Porschefire is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 10:07   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Its just matter of time when people in our country will realize and accept that "Dil se Strong" is not good enough when the structure of the car is not strong enough.

I just hope that such adv are just for the sake of replying, but deep down Maruti knows what needs to be done. Specially after seeing local Tatas and Mahindras are doing good in crash test rating.
Old 26th November 2020, 10:20   #261
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2084804

https://twitter.com/MSArenaOfficial/...970684929?s=19
Reminds me of a quote from 3 Idiots. AAALLL IIISSS WEEELLLLL!

I can almost hear everyone in the Maruti boardroom also mumbling "All is well" to themselves.
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 10:24   #262
BHPian

Maruti should realise .. what’s worked for them in the past may not work from them from here on. Agreed that you are the top manufacturer in the country from past two decades. You were not so 40 years back. You don’t have a market to speak of else where. You exited the largest car market (US) as you couldn’t compete. How long before you are relegated to the same place else where. Time to get off your high horse Maruti if you want to survive.

I hope Tata and Mahindra market the hell out of the safety ratings and Maruti’s pathetic response. I am ok waiting a bit more at the service centre’s if it prolongs my life.
charanreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 10:30   #263
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen some epic advertising battles between Jaguar, BMW and Audi and when Tata started it, I was hoping for something similar from our Indian manufacturers.

This reply from Maruti is THE LAMEST comeback ever! Maruti is not even trying to step up its game!
nagr22 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 10:45   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
But I am staggered why some members here voice the same opinion? What's the play?? ..

There is no play here Sir. I have seen my colleague in Japan lose his college going son to 2 wheeler accident. A simple low rated car or a used in older gen beater car would have surely protected the kid in my opinion. That is where I am coming from.

I respect your opinion and I will let it be at that.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 26th November 2020 at 10:47.
Old 26th November 2020, 10:48   #265
BANNED

more likely that majority of 24Lakh+ families are oblivious to the danger/lack of safety the car possesses.
Old 26th November 2020, 10:53   #266
BHPian

Either forced government regulations or a knock on sales charts by customers can force the likes of MSIL and Hyundai twins to make safer cars.
Sadly both these processes are slow and allows a big leeway for these manufacturers to get away with tin cans.
As an individual, I have promised myself to only shortlist cars with at least 4 stars on safety aspect in future for any new car purchase.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 10:56   #267
BHPian

Maruti in a way is right. It's the people who decide what kind of car they want to buy. Unless sales of Maruti come down, it won't budge. It will keep advertising the millions of cars they sell instead of the safety features/ratings.

It's very difficult to change the mindset of people.
CarNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 10:57   #268
BHPian

"So what drive carefully na..."
that's what you would hear from majority of these 24Lakh people, if interviewed. Maruti-Suzuki owners had the first priority as cost while buying a vehicle.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 11:04   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Should respond to them with the below and ask them why only "Dil Se Strong" for India? Quick glance at the pricing in SA and it looks to be similar to Indian pricing. *Slow claps* for Maruti.
Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-whatsapp-image-20201126-6.57.35-am.jpeg
Image source - Whatsapp forward.

Last edited by procrj : 26th November 2020 at 11:06.
procrj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 11:38   #270
BHPian

Its so wrong on the side of MSIL. I am surprised at the audacity with which they are glorifying this, as if the people of India does not deserve a safe car. Time and time again, these manufacturers have been trivializing the importance of safety. Every time i have a discussion with the non petrol head folks, I ensure the importance of safety in a car is stressed unequivocally. I would be happy to see people making purchase decisions also based on the foundation on which a brand stands for.
drift87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks