Old 24th November 2020, 19:22   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti reply with sales numbers to Tata Motors after Twitter jibe on WagonR

Attachment 2084804

https://twitter.com/MSArenaOfficial/...970684929?s=19
There is no real comeback for MSIL except quoting sales figures (of past 2 decades) and appealing to emotions.

This reply is almost like telling the 24lakh familes to not feel stupid cause they ignored safety as a parameter and made a decision based on what their 'heart' said.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (69) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 19:56   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2084804
https://twitter.com/MSArenaOfficial/...970684929?s=19
This is like sticking a band-aid on a broken limb!
Does MS want us to believe that "being strong in our hearts" shall make us safer in a crash?

Last edited by superguy282 : 24th November 2020 at 20:16. Reason: Grammatical Mistake
superguy282 is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 20:57   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Of course one has to be dil se strong to drive a Maruti over 60 kmph!!

Not for the faint hearted!

Nice hit wicket Maruti!

Last edited by TROOPER : 24th November 2020 at 20:59.
TROOPER is offline   (131) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 20:59   #214
Senior - BHPian

such a shameless revert by Maruti. First about diesel cars cost calculator and now this. Maruti is playing with people's emotions. Not good.

Last edited by tushky : 24th November 2020 at 21:00.
tushky is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:07   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
such a shameless revert by Maruti. First about diesel cars cost calculator and now this. Maruti is playing with people's emotions. Not good.
This is something like India won the match but Bangladesh won the hearts in those YouTube cricket video comments
WhiteSierra is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:29   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Overdone/boring jibes won't have the desired impact I think.
Agreed. This is getting too repetitive. Tata needs to stop flaunting their GNCAP ratings and radically improve the other aspects of their cars. The following pic received on WhatsApp is probably correct - we do see a lot of Tata vehicles roll over (and rollover protection is not a part of GNCAP).

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-tata.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:38   #217
Senior - BHPian

Here is a good comeback for Maruti!

Sorry that it's in Malayalam and I will try my best to translate without killing it!

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-whatsapp-image-20201118-20.51.17.jpeg

ASIANET NEWS
Safety Big Zero, Maruti flunks real bad in the crash tests!

Shammi from Kumbalangi Nights as the Maruti Boss:
"Our company guarantees good fuel efficiency for our customers and a great insurance payout for the customer's kin"

PS: If you haven't already, this is your excuse to catch the superb Malayalam movie - Kumbalangi Nights on Amazon Prime. One of the very best from the industry in the recent past. The meme works only if one is well versed with the movie and the character played by the brilliant Fahadh in it.

PPS: I am really glad to see this troll in mainstream media. Only then can it make any difference at all.
deetjohn is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:54   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Agreed. This is getting too repetitive. Tata needs to stop flaunting their GNCAP ratings and radically improve the other aspects of their cars. The following pic received on WhatsApp is probably correct - we do see a lot of Tata vehicles roll over (and rollover protection is not a part of GNCAP).

[/ATTACH][/center]
The car hit the divider and rolled over, if you go by the below post:-

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-11.jpeg

Don't go by whatsapp posts, they don't paint a clear picture.

GNCAP do test cars for ESP, if they are fitted with one, example XUV 300.And FYI Nexon and Harrier are equipped with ESP which includes rollover mitigation as standard. Further the Altroz has a laser welded roof (like what VW do) which provides better roll over protection.

Link for the laser welded roof reference:-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4738246 (Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.)

I don't understand people criticizing TATA for doing something commendable in the first place and they are okay with barrage of 'Kitna deti hai' advert without complaining about lackluster safety, poor noise insulation, lack of contemporary features etc.

Last edited by Car Architect : 24th November 2020 at 22:03.
Car Architect is offline   (133) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 22:11   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post

Don't go by whatsapp posts, they don't paint a clear picture.
Exactly. How can one make an inference from a Whatsapp forward from some Tata competitor fanboys? Without knowing the details.

Happy to know that the passengers are safe. Mission accomplished.

On another note, been seeing a lot of such accidents. Especially with Nexons. People seem to be gunning their Tata cars, under the impression that they're safe and nothing will happen. They need to take it easy. High speed driving is illegal and needs skill too.
TROOPER is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 01:26   #220

At the end of the day, Maruti doesn't care to make their super-light tin boxes stronger and Tata doesn't care once to walk in and sit on the Wagon R seats to see what it feels like. I've had two Tata cars before and now have a previous gen Wagon R for 4 years. Tata service network is still pathetic and it atleast was more expensive to maintain an Indica, as compared to Swift or Wagon R. Tata's clutches and gearshifts were super strong 5 star rated until recently and I've suffered enough. When I was driving over 40 kms a day, buying Wagon R was such a relief to my aching legs. I still miss the safe feeling on highways but a majority of the users like me drive more within the city.

Maruti understands customers better, IMHO, but I'm waiting for the day I can hear a THUD when a Maruti car door is closed.
skatte is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 07:23   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Atleast the replies restored my faith in humanity

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-20201125_072000.jpg
GipsyDanger is offline   (106) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 08:15   #222

I must thank TML for their continuous pursuit of safety in passenger cars. This is the key reason for me to opt a Tata car now, where no one in my family cared to consider Tata cars in past.

Although can't say much about sales figures at present, but people have started adding safety as a parameter now in new car purchase. I can see this in my known circle and have at least a dozen example including someone at the age of 60, who has been a Maruti owner for long time. There are people who moved to Maruti/Hyundai from old Tata cars due to quality/reliability issues, are now considering to come back again.

So, keep going TML albeit I will be happy to see a bit more creative campaigns on safety awareness.
Madywheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 12:39   #223
BHPian

I have a 2007 WagonR and a 2015 Zest Petrol,

I cannot agree more with Tata on the advert. I think Tata are entitled to these advertisements till they are in good taste.

Though the Zest is from a segment above, the quality and the overall well made feel that it exudes even the swift lacks.

But the sole reason we have the WagonR still with us is the ease & frugality it offers in driving & parking in the city.

After the WagonR experience (Dash panel replacement and overall rust situation) I decided to avoid any Maruti car as the primary vehicle. After we got Zest we realized how exposed we were on the highways in the WagonR. The WagonR has made only one highway trip since the Zest was acquired.

After Zest it might be Tata or some other brand but we are certainly not going back to Maruti for a highway vehicle. Maybe the xpresso or alto automatic for city bumper to bumper traffic.

- Slick
Slick is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 15:48   #224
BHPian

MS is not taking a jibe TATA, it's taking a jibe at those 24+ lakh families for buying WagonR despite knowing it's not a safe product. It's good to be cocky sometimes, but this is borderline stupid of MS. They are wearing it like a badge of honor

I think the situation will be different 5-10 years down the line, the new gen is not looking at the cheapest car to buy so Maruti won't find many takers hopefully. Only customers have the power to bring change at MS, till the time they are gonna continue their stupid behaviour.
turbowhistle is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 15:58   #225
BHPian

The numbers mentioned and the quote in reply is strong, but not their argument!
Trusted by 24+ Lakh families, and yet they don't give a safe product to them.

If WagonR carries the brand popularity then they should use it to promote safety. The Maruti Suzuki had to respond, so they did. Hope they take the point
made by Tata Motors and change their vision.
saikarthik is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks