Re: Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Spresso scored zero. So 0+0 equals to Zero only. 😂

Meant i10
Old 18th November 2020, 21:23   #137
Senior - BHPian

Good to see safety is getting prominence in advertisement by Tata Motors. Hope more people will be aware and make safety an important criterion in vehicle selection and purchase.

Last edited by airbus : 18th November 2020 at 21:39.
Old 18th November 2020, 21:27   #138
BHPian

Tata is surely going to push their sales chart by bragging about the safety standard of their cars and I feel there is nothing wrong with it, but at the same time they should also focus and improve their after sale service as both the aspects are equally important for a customer.

P.S, these tests are also going to compel other manufacturers to build safer cars in future. I think gone is the time when 'kitna deti hai' was the major contributing factor to buy a car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2020 at 14:39. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 18th November 2020, 23:23   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Good to see safety is getting prominence in advertisement by Tata Motors. Hope more people will be aware and make safety an important criterion in vehicle selection and purchase.
I am not so sure about that. A couple of my friends are looking to change their cars presently and neither have mentioned safety as a qualifying criterion even once. Both of them also seem to be especially taken by the Spresso although I have managed to talk them out of putting it in their consideration set.

Safety does not seem to be a priority to them. However, I do agree that these advertisements help in creating awareness, although I felt that both the Coffee Beans ad and this ad are just a little too smart and subtle and may not be easily understood by everyone.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2020 at 14:40. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Neversaygbye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 08:12   #140
BHPian

Tata is on a roll!

But Tata needs to understand that the ads although are funny, they need to be in good spirit and not just about mocking the other brands. So far, we haven't yet seen a reply from the other manufactures other than Hyundai. This will be interesting once other brands start boasting about their specialities.

Waiting for Tata to take a dig on Seltos and Creta and also expecting a reply from Kia!
Old 19th November 2020, 09:10   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat095 View Post
Tata is on a roll!
Waiting for Tata to take a dig on Seltos and Creta and also expecting a reply from Kia!
The thing here is that now others cannot directly reply to Tata except may be "Wait and watch". Otherwise they will be trolled so badly for being ultra proactive on social media and not being proactive in manufacturing and improving product safety.

So Tata can now mock and troll them till they (others) come up with something safe which will take a considerable amount of time.
RavSam is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 09:42   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
The thing here is that now others cannot directly reply to Tata except may be "Wait and watch". Otherwise they will be trolled so badly for being ultra proactive on social media and not being proactive in manufacturing and improving product safety.
Agreed! But Tata here is only boasting about their safety which is nice, cause there really is no denying the fact that Tata currently is providing the safest cars in the market but Hyundai and even Maruti have much more sales figures in their support

The “wait and watch” really takes the fun out of the equation. A healthy banter among the giants keeps the ball rolling and creates a sense of respect among the customers for the brand. Not replying would create an image that the brand is somewhat arrogant towards its competition and maybe doesn’t acknowledge them

Last edited by Mat095 : 19th November 2020 at 09:44.
Mat095 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 09:49   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat095 View Post
Agreed!
The “wait and watch” really takes the fun out of the equation.
Yes! That's true. But I did not literally mean that they should reply with that!

In the game of rock, paper, scissors with regards to cars, safety features and rating trumps anything else that others have.

The features, refinement and service can be enjoyed when one is alive and kicking.

Although when it comes to sales, safety isn't always the winning criteria but for such friendly banters and bragging rights that's the one which trumps everything!
RavSam is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 09:57   #144
BHPian

I just hope more Indians consider safety as one of their priority, if not the highest. Most customers just ask about airbags, if at all. Most car buyers (including myself till a while ago) don't even know about ESP,TC,EBD, ABS etc
Old 19th November 2020, 13:18   #145
BHPian

I don't know if it's due to the ad war that Tata has started, Hyundai is now making their ads focussing on safety! And trying to push them in every channel available.

This post was on LinkedIn today..

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-screenshot_202011191311062.png

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/hyund...882954753-Iq-v
saikarthik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 13:34   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
I don't know if it's due to the ad war that Tata has started, Hyundai is now making their ads focussing on safety! And trying to push them in every channel available.

This post was on LinkedIn today..

Attachment 2082485

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/hyund...882954753-Iq-v
I would say this is an attempt to shift the goalposts, i.e. change the focus from GNCAP ratings to safety aids which again would be part of a feature list, an area where Hyundai traditionally does extremely well. The thinking being that let's make crash test ratings irrelevant by talking about all the other things, knowing that Indian consumers love features more than anything else. Very smart move from Hyundai. However, for people who understand cars, this kind of ad would further erode the trust in Hyundai. Too bad that the percentage of such people is low and most buyers will be taken in by this kind of marketing which does nothing to address the question "how safe is the car in a crash".
Neversaygbye is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 14:45   #147
BHPian

Witty ads by Tata, on S-Presso as well as Grand i10 Nios. Maybe a bit too witty for their own good. I think, for the masses, much more illustrated ads like the one of i20 above will be required to print the 'Tata = Safety' image in their minds.

Off-topic (mods, please delete if this is non-relevant to the thread):
Had it not been for the 4 stars of Tiago and 5 stars of Altroz, most of the consumers would have accepted that 2 or 3 star ratings is the maximum achievable in Hatchbacks due to various constraints!
(I am aware of the 4 stars of the Polo, but its volumes are minuscule as compared to the top selling hatchbacks in the country).

This is a laudable achievement by Tata. This is just my thought, that the ideal hatchback in under 10L bracket today has its engine and gearbox from VW/Hyundai, has its brakes from any manufacturer except Hyundai/Kia, is backed by the service network of MSIL and service quality of Toyota, has handling done by Ford and is designed by Tata (safe body structure and aesthetics).
museycal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 16:19   #148
BHPian

Young people and millennials who are living in Urban areas, have been moving away from Suzuki for some time now due to its family man and mass maker image. With their focus on safety which resonates with this population, TATA has been carving out a niche for itself but the returns from such attacks will be incremental with everyone slowly upping their safety game over the next few years. TATA has to think, what it's USP would be. Safety alone may not be enough to bring customers back in to showrooms and keep bean counters happy.
Carma2017 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 16:24   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post
Witty ads by Tata, on S-Presso as well as Grand i10 Nios. Maybe a bit too witty for their own good. I think, for the masses, much more illustrated ads like the one of i20 above will be required to print the 'Tata = Safety' image in their minds.
A valid point. Although just a decade or 2 ago in past - the following single line in Maruti Alto ads was enough to kill the Indica from personal buyers' list. This was a very frequently aired ad on FM radio channels back then.

Friend 1 to Friend 2 -- "Arey Taxi kyon liya? Alto le lete!"
So such ads do work even if on a small proportion of customers!

On the other hand - I think the Tata ads will get circulated far more than what is visually a boring ad about i20's safety credentials. Just look how much the Tata ads have been discussed already. So they have got the visibility they wanted. Purpose got served well I think.
Reinhard is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 10:21   #150
Senior - BHPian

After Twitter jab by Tata Motors on crash tests, Maruti has undisputed claim

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-20201121_102038.jpg

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-smartselect_20201121102058_twitter.jpg

https://twitter.com/Maruti_Corp/stat...148488193?s=19
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks