Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 01:48   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
1. Tata showroom experience for most of the car buyers are below par.
2. Tata car service station/ service center experience for most of the Tata car owners are below par.
3. Tata design concept/ design elements do not appeal to everyone.
4. Tata cars had quality issues ( probably the recent cars are doing better in this front).
5. Spare availability and breakdown services in semi urban or rural areas, remote locations like hill states are still not easily available.
6. Tata cars irrational feature and pricing for Nexon, Altroz etc.; and introduction of engine / transmission types for Altroz etc. Made the car buying decisions very tough.
7. The showroom and service station experiences say they are not much serious about their cars.
Only a few good sales figures in recent months and the desi company feeling do not make customers, car owners happy.
I Believe you have comprehension issues, this thread is about Tata taking a dig at lackluster safety offered by supposedly superior brand (at least in the mind of Indian public). This is not a Tata Rant thread, kindly take up your predicament to the appropriate threads.

And coming to your rant, most of the points you put forth are hearsay, debatable, appropriate to older gen Tata cars/experience and the most absurd one was that of the sales figures. Tata has had a upward trajectory is sales figures since the launch of Tiago which has racked up more than 3,00,000 samples since its launch in 2016 (6250 units per month) and the Nexon (sold over 1,50,000 in 3 years - 4200 per month). So the sales spike aren't just couple of month trend !!

PS:- I'm thankful that there wasn't any suggestion about improving the Tata sales experience with the fund they donated for the COVID (instead off).
Car Architect is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 19:58   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata is on a roll! Now they mock the 2* rated grand i10 NIOS with this ad

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-125338525_220107339540375_6852572376717456695_o.jpg

Now that they don't care about segments, I am eagerly waiting for their advertising team to do something creative for the Seltos too

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 17th November 2020 at 20:02.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 20:04   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Here's another dig by Tata Motors at the Espresso after the recent GNCAP ratings. Wasn't sure about creating a new thread for this hence posting it here.
Much needed marketing from Tata, this would pull the legs of the people who prefer Maruti Suzuki into the safety debate whom otherwise are not concerned about it.

The ad if taken in positive way should at the very least increase the awareness of necessity of safer cars or if taken in negative sense, still would sow a seed to think about safety even if it irritate fans of Maruti Suzuki.

Either way its B-E-A-utifully done..
saikarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 20:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Now they mock the 2* rated grand i10 NIOS with this ad

Man, whoever is behind this idea deserves a raise.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 20:35   #110
BHPian

Again, I had difficulty getting this ad. It may be subtle but it won't reach the masses. It would be better ROI to have a loud ad showing airbags, GNCAP rating and a comparison table of other makes. Maybe I am not so savvy, hence the difficulty of getting this ad. But I am sure there are many folks like me who like more direct messages.
Cessna182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 21:52   #111
BHPian

Tata Motors Takes A Hilarious Dig At Grand i-10 NIOS

Tata has struck again. This time Grand i-10 NIOS with 2 star is at the receiving end. I guess something is in the pipeline for Seltos too.

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-125338525_220107339540375_6852572376717456695_o.jpg
Deadpool is offline   (126) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 21:58   #112
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors Takes A Hilarious Dig At Grand i-10 NIOS

Excellent!

Happy to see Tata make the best of this whole crash test saga. Wasn't a big fan of the whole gold standard stuff circling the Altroz, coupled with a botched launch, but with the earlier coffee cup one and now this, the old flair from the Safari ad days seems to be back.

Run for cover Hyundai!!

Last edited by ajmat : 17th November 2020 at 22:10.
TROOPER is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:00   #113
BHPian

Tata seems to be on the roll here.I do hope they remember that Tiago's stable has also been rated unstable, but that doesn't matter since all other competitors are below them?

Now that the Harrier has gained steady pace in terms of sales, let's hope GNCAP tests it next. Although maybe they could've sent it themselves like they did in case of Altroz/Nexon. Tata are you doubtful of your flagship product's quality? Please prove me wrong.
Abhi5868 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:16   #114
OSH
BHPian

This just shows how much confidence Tata has gained from their growth in sales. More and more people should be made aware of the strides Tata Motors has taken when it comes to safety. I hope their upcoming HBX is 5 star rated at launch so that they get the initial push very easily.

If they want to promote the Harrier in the same way, they should get it crash tested and then claim to be the only manufacturer of India whose entire portfolio of cars are crash tested by GNCAP.

Last edited by OSH : 17th November 2020 at 22:27.
OSH is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 07:46   #115
Senior - BHPian

I think that should be enough for now. Dont overstretch tongue-in-cheek humour to the extent that it comes back and you are left biting your tongue.
I love the fact that automotive companies are getting to use these jibes against one another on matters of real consumer interests instead of cosmetic ones, but no one can claim to be holier than thou.
fhdowntheline is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 08:22   #116
BHPian

When I was on a car hunt two years back, I almost bought the Tata JTP. The first time I test drove one, I was super impressed about the brand. It was nothing like the Tata Indica I knew. So definitely, Tata has come a long way.

However the sales experience was the worst of most brands. The sales people did not follow up as much as Hyundai/Maruti. Also the showroom atmosphere was quite dingy at best compared to the luxurious feel of other brands such as Nexa. They should work on the customer facing dealership network. Another thing was these niggles, there was a dashboard rattle in the Nexon I test drove, in the Tiago some panel in the footwell came off and it was protruding. It didn’t give me the confidence that Tata cars will be niggle free. They need to improve on the quality control, supplier quality and design quality meaning find out the existing niggles and design the next generation eliminating those issues.Tata please focus on the NVH levels, eliminating niggles, panel gaps, interior fit finish, durability of the parts and chrome finishes.

I do agree they are one the safest cars in the market. I would suggest Tata to create a premium dealership network like Nexa, even better would be create a premium brand and launch cars. This will help the masses differentiate Tata as a premium brand compared to a cab operator vehicle.

Last edited by Godzilla : 18th November 2020 at 08:24.
Godzilla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:26   #117
BHPian

Well conceived and executed advertise.

TATA, Maruti and Hyundai all deserves what they are getting.

My only complain with TATA's product management team is Tiago still can not be considered as entry level auto, as AMT is only available with top XZ.

Tiago AMT should be available with at least XT, if not with XE.
Old 18th November 2020, 12:08   #118
BHPian

Good ad mocking Maruti and Hyundai. Nothing wrong and they can expect some coming their way considering the niggles, their sales and service experience.

Yesterday, called the Tata dealership in Chromepet in Chennai for a Altroz petrol test drive. The SE said that the test petrol car is in the body shop and the CEO of the dealership has taken the diesel one. He then requested me to come to showroom for a test drive since he can let me drive a pre-PDI car meant for customer and he cannot drive that to my home. I told him to contact me once the test car is ready and haven't heard back. Don't know who the poor customer is.
Sridhar K is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:24   #119
BHPian

Excellent but when they make a Seltos specific comeback they can't compare it against the Harrier since it does not have any star rating. I wonder what will they end up with?

Maybe a Seltos vs Nexon slam.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:02   #120
Senior - BHPian

I am a TATA Fan boy, such AD's leave a bad taste/impression regarding a brand for me.

There is absolutely no need to mention a specific car indirectly, rather they can showcase results of all cars in segments bold and clear and let people decide.
silverado is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks