Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 13:08   #121
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating

While we are discussing about the star ratings only for adult occupants primarily as an important factor, don't you all wonder why the 4-Star Tiago/Tigor scored more in Child Occupant safety than the 5-Star Altroz? That too by a considerable difference in the points?

I for one wish the rating goes up to 10. This 1 to 5 makes the difference seem minuscule.
RavSam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:30   #122
BHPian

This recent crash test results has really shaken up the safety aspect of cars like never before. I see many prospective Seltos, Sonet and Nios buyers having second thoughts and rethinking their decision on going with these cars. While this is a very welcome change it would all boil down to sales numbers. I always say that there is this car buying community outside of Team-bhp that is much bigger and they influence the overall car sales to a greater extent. Sadly, for some companies profit is what matters at the end of day and I would not be surprised if Hyundai/Kia/Maruti honchos are just laughing off on this ad sheepishly.

TATA is a company of ethics and values and they have made decisions in past that are not entirely based on profits or margins. So kudos to them for keeping safety paramount in their product lineup!!
Maverick Avi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:30   #123
BHPian

Even though Tata has been rolling out witty replies in the form of advertisements, I feel that they should probably advertise more about something like "Tiago is the only car to have 4 stars GNCAP rating in the segment" or something of the sort.

With these kinds of double meaning ads, in an attempt to target it's rivals, it surely is fun for us enthusiasts, but to the common man, it doesn't make head or tail.

I would much prefer seeing an advertisement bragging about the 4 stars of Tiago, maybe with a footage of the crash test, than say a broken coffee mug.
It would inform many, many people about a crucial information which is not part of the car purchase criteria for >80% of Indian customers.
Big Smoke is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:32   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
While we are discussing about the star ratings only for adult occupants primarily as an important factor, don't you all wonder why the 4-Star Tiago/Tigor scored more in Child Occupant safety than the 5-Star Altroz? That too by a considerable difference in the points?
Nice observation.
That too with the Altroz getting isofix anchorages.

Surprisingly the brand used for both thesr Tata cars were Britax (for isofix and non-isofix types)

However, on the recent tests for Grand i10 Nios and Seltos which do not get isofix on their base models, the child seats used were by brand Chicco. Could this affect the child protection ratings as well?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-20201118_132523.jpg  

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-20201118_132336.jpg  

bpapache is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:48   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quite honestly, as long as salespersons convince customers that all cars that are on sale are certified and compliant to Bharat New Car Safety norms (which they presumably all are), the head honchos wouldn't worry a great deal.
GNCAP rating is playing out more in the minds of automotive forums and social media, unfortunately. The only way to resolve this is to bring transparency in the Bharat Assessment process and ascertain whether there is any grading of Safety like GNCAP. Because if every car model is required to just "meet" standards to be road worthy, then its "balle-balle" and BAU.
Old 18th November 2020, 16:07   #126
BHPian

Way to go Tata ! Nothing wrong in marketing a hard earned strategic advantage !!

The level of creativity and subtelty is next level
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 16:43   #127
BHPian

Tata at it again, Mocks Hyundai i10 Grand Nios

Am not sure if there's been a thread on this yet.

But Tata has a go on one its biggest rival - Hyundai for the safety rating if their i10 Grand Nios.

As usual, Tata is at its witty best, this time clearly highlighting the Ncap Safety rating:

https://twitter.com/TataMotors_Cars/...003962368?s=20

Absolutely love what Tata is doing here - Getting customers attention on things that matter - Safety, in an absolutely humorous way.

Way to go Tata!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-enb4aasuyaaq4qe.jpeg  

Flash777 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 16:48   #128
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata at it again, Mocks Hyundai i10 Grand Nios

Tata on a roll! Whoever is coming up with these ideas and giving them a green light deserves a raise next quarter.
Subtle but drives the point home. Of course, the target audience needs to be in the "know" to understand. Regardless, well done Tata. I'm proud of our home boys.
amol4184 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:08   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post
I Believe you have comprehension issues...This is not a Tata Rant thread, kindly take up your predicament to the appropriate threads.
Sorry I didn't understand this forum's rule that I can't have a contrarian view.
My point was Tata motors shall also introspect apart from publishing these marketing strategies. The spilled beans and broken cup/ mug (I am not sure whether it was a cup or mug- I really have comprehension issue) was a nice one, indeed.
If Tata motors do well, get good sales figures & happy repeat customers and expand; I'll be more than happy as a tiny shareholder.
Thanks.
Old 18th November 2020, 18:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

Tata you are doing good job for last 3-4 years. Don't get carried away with that please. Instead of taking dig at others, please pay more attention to your own A.S.S. It still needs loads of improvement, sad but true. Still long way to go for you Tata, don't get diverted and focus on what you are doing. All the best.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:44   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
Even though Tata has been rolling out witty replies in the form of advertisements, I feel that they should probably advertise more about something like "Tiago is the only car to have 4 stars GNCAP rating in the segment" or something of the sort.
Well Tata has been aggressively marketing its 5-star rating for its other cars. Advertising a 4 star rating would dampen the brand value. I would rather advertise "Best in-class safety rating".
ComicCharcoal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:57   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Tata you are doing good job for last 3-4 years. Don't get carried away with that please. Instead of taking dig at others, please pay more attention to your own A.S.S. It still needs loads of improvement, sad but true. Still long way to go for you Tata, don't get diverted and focus on what you are doing. All the best.
Every car manufacturer has a strength and they would want to play to their strengths. Maruti did this earlier with their "Kitna Deti Hai" campaign focusing on their strength - mileage. Toyota is currently running a campaign focusing on their resale value.

Certainly Tata Motors have areas to improve (they are still at #3 on the charts and have a long distance to catch up with the market leaders) but if they are focusing on their core competency now, why shouldn't they?

After all, 4 of 5 cars that they offer currently are crash-tested by GNCAP with 4 stars or more. That is some achievement. And their latest dig at Celerio and Grand i10 is quite subtle and classy. Let they bask in their moment of glory. It certainly took them a few years of hard work and focus to get here.
sachinayak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 20:07   #133
BHPian

Great one with the i10 vs Tiago. Classy and subtle.

But as long as 14000>6000, Hyundai won't even care about this.
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 20:27   #134
BHPian

I hope people don't say 2+2 = 4 and start buying 2 Espressos for safety.
Old 18th November 2020, 20:35   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
I hope people don't say 2+2 = 4 and start buying 2 Espressos for safety.

Spresso scored zero. So 0+0 equals to Zero only. 😂
raaj.bhalla is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks