Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2022, 11:14   #91
BHPian

re: 2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh

according to my source in MSIL, Baleno launch January end February starting, 30-50k price hike ( they just bumped up the price by 21k), initial batches will be the lower variants Sigma and Delta followed by higher spec version in coming months.
Old 17th January 2022, 12:03   #92
BHPian

Isn't the Baleno due for a generation upgrade and Maruti is just launching the facelift?
Old 17th January 2022, 12:15   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Six airbags and thicker grade of steel in the outer body panels?
Yeah , else the airbags might blow open outside
Another thing is seat comfort which I feel is lacking when compared to Honda and Tata
rahulskumar is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 13:24   #94
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting. How will the S-Cross and Brezza be able to justify the unavailability of six airbags though? The only way is for everything above the Baleno to also get the same option.

I doubt they can rework it enough to pass the NCAP tests though but happy to be proven wrong!

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 17th January 2022 at 13:27.
Old 17th January 2022, 16:34   #95
BHPian

I was seriously considering the new Baleno as a replacement of my 11 year old Dzire. I liked the new fascia that has been revealed in spy shots.
However if it's an AMT then I have to look elsewhere. AMT just doesn't work for me.
Let's wait for official communication.
Old 17th January 2022, 17:51   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Launching next month, the updated Baleno to get a host of new features:

- Six airbags (driver and passenger airbags along with curtain bags, both for the front and rear passengers) ,equipment like heads-up display, and thicker grade of steel on the outer body panels
- Maruti Suzuki is also likely to discontinue the expensive CVT automatic and introduce a Swift like single clutch automatic or AMT ( more refined, with filter?).

Link
my source says it could also be an IMT and MSIL will go tom tom about thicker sheet metal if not in official literature then at least in showroom training, also 6 airbags is correct.
Old 17th January 2022, 19:29   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I doubt they can rework it enough to pass the NCAP tests though but happy to be proven wrong!
We don't know for sure that it needs reworking in the frontal impact! We'll have to wait for results. For side impact, if I had to hazard a guess, performance should be similar to the one exported to Latin America, (for frontal LHD vs RHD can make a difference). Side impact chest performance for that car was horrible, but structural intrusion was limited. I think torso airbags could make a difference, and the facelifted car is supposedly getting them as optional and by October they should be standard because of the mandate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Very interesting. How will the S-Cross and Brezza be able to justify the unavailability of six airbags though? The only way is for everything above the Baleno to also get the same option.
The facelifted Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was rumoured to get them anyway, and I'm not surprised because the Suzuki Vitara it's based on gets them in other markets. The S-Cross already gets them in other markets and again, thanks to the mandate, I don't see a problem.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 10:22   #98
BHPian

Feels like I'm in another dimension, Maruti considering 6 airbags in their premium hatch instead of premium MPV and Crossover! If this is true then Maruti really learned something from Tata and they finally accepted their poor safety standards in 2022! Let's see what happens.

It will be a nice upgrade from my 2015 Baleno Alpha.
BMW_Fan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 12:44   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I hope this time around Toyota does some serious exterior changes to the Glanza instead of only a grill change!

Dude, I think I saw your dreams shattering in early 2021 only.
pgoyal1996 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 13:39   #100
BHPian

I read thicker grade of steel. What exactly does that mean? Ticker grade of steel does not improve crash worthiness neither does it make the body shell rigid. The only thing it can do it pass the thumb press test which flexes the body panel. In 2022, this is definitely not what we need. We need safer cars.
Old 18th January 2022, 16:34   #101
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docted View Post
according to my source in MSIL, Baleno launch January end February starting, 30-50k price hike ( they just bumped up the price by 21k), initial batches will be the lower variants Sigma and Delta followed by higher spec version in coming months.
Do you any update on Brezza launch date?
Old 18th January 2022, 17:51   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Scoop! 2022 Maruti Baleno facelift spotted during ad shoot

The 2022 Baleno has been given a thorough makeover. It features a slimmer grille, redesigned headlamps and an updated front bumper. At the rear, the car gets reworked tail lamp units and tailgate.
I see these tail lamps close to the previous gen 2015 elite i20. Split tail lamps.
Old 18th January 2022, 18:12   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
I read thicker grade of steel. What exactly does that mean?
I don't think that's with regard to crashworthiness per se, but the general consensus is that tinny body panels are prone to dents, and they are definitely considered cheap-feeling by many, which is not something desirable in a premium hatchback.

The (Maruti) Suzuki Baleno, even internationally, has received a lot of criticism in the media for its low weight, thin body panels, and thanks to the psychological feeling associated with that (flimsy->not crashworthy) there's also negative propaganda running around about the crashworthiness of its structure (something that is really still a grey area).

In any case, I hope this doesn't result in significant weight gain (fuel economy has been one of this model's USPs) especially considering it's not going to make a difference to crashworthiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docted View Post
my source says it could also be an IMT
Assuming what you're saying is true, will the optional CVT still be retained?
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:17   #104
BHPian

Very sad to see Maruti Suzuki opting for inferior transmission technology. Baleno was one of the few vehicles with a proper AT in their stable.

As mentioned above, it won't make any difference to the mass market as market is driven by entertainment features rather than technical and safety aspects. I have just done a 250km drive in a Alto K10 AMT (AGS in their terminology), the rubber band effect or jerking during upshifts and downshifts are pretty irritating especially in sudden braking conditions or varying speed on the highways.
Old 18th January 2022, 19:31   #105
BHPian

Doesn't the current Baleno weigh around 860 Kgs? Hope they don't increase the weight by another 100 Kg in the name of thick steel
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks