Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:28   #271
BHPian

Hi,

I was told that the Eagle is expected to 'fly' by Diwali and they had some gearbox issues that were being sorted out. Hence the delay in launch.

Rgds
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:48   #272
LLL
BHPian

any latest news/rumor/birdie whisperings??

adding this to cross 20 char limit.
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:13   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swap_saraf View Post
Does anyone have idea about the future MUV/SUV launches in India.
Also the spy picturees of Mahindra Ingenio posted before are not accessible/available. plz post some pics of Ingenio
Spy pics have been there in most of the magzines and if you find the right thread you might find it on team-bhp too.

As far as the ingenio launch, it is slated to debut in March 08 with both Petrol and diesel engines.
Old 24th October 2007, 19:14   #274

Ranc's Features Mentioned would be great !.... I have been trying to get some info on the pricing . A few people told me it will be in the 11 range, while one of the sources said around 14... Any info on this ?
Old 25th October 2007, 10:56   #275
BHPian

Pricing will more or less remain the same, maybe 10-20 K more then the current models, there will bemore variants for the auto tranny for sure
Old 25th October 2007, 12:36   #276
BHPian

Hi!! any news on this - reagrding launch dates and is it likely to come by this Diwali ( 2 weeks still left). Wish they announce auto variant also with the new engine and goodies discussed( speculated) earlier.
Old 28th October 2007, 11:16   #277
BHPian

hey guys any new updates or news on the launch date and features? waiting for last 1 year finally gave up and sold my 3 year old scorpio and purchased optra magnum the car is excellent but once you are used to a scorpio u wont feel like driving a car so i may sell it and go for the new eagle if it has all the above mentioned features sad thing is i see people buying the present model in mangalore every day 1 or 2 new scorpios in mangalore how will they feel if the new version is launched within 1 month of them buying the old model
Old 28th October 2007, 11:55   #278
Senior - BHPian

DO you really still worry about 'latest model'? A near impossibility in the fast-changing techno-world.
We have to learn to be content with our gadgets as long as our requirements are being met well enough!
Old 28th October 2007, 12:24   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
DO you really still worry about 'latest model'? A near impossibility in the fast-changing techno-world.
We have to learn to be content with our gadgets as long as our requirements are being met well enough!
I agree. Still there are a few of us who are on the verge of buying a new vehicle, and would not mind waiting a month or two, so that they can get the latest technology. The average time frame between "major" upgradations are usually 3-4 years, and for a person buying a new vehicle, it seems sensible to wait if the release is not too far off. Then again, how long can one wait is more a matter of choice and need.
Old 29th October 2007, 01:44   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
I agree. Still there are a few of us who are on the verge of buying a new vehicle, and would not mind waiting a month or two, so that they can get the latest technology. The average time frame between "major" upgradations are usually 3-4 years, and for a person buying a new vehicle, it seems sensible to wait if the release is not too far off. Then again, how long can one wait is more a matter of choice and need.
Especially if there is a fairly major upgrade expected. A new engine is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, I am really hoping they're doing something about the suspension and handling.
I think M&M have fallen asleep... hopefully the new Dicor's gonna wake them up.
Old 29th October 2007, 02:00   #281

Hello from France!
I'm a new comer on this forum and I found this section very instructive.
In France the Scorpio GLX is currently sold with a 2.5 liters (CRDe) diesel engine, unlike in India where you have the 2.6 liters as I understand.
I am very excited to read that there is new engine coming soon as the tests made in France spot the fact that the current 2.5 liters engine is weak for the heavy weight it has to move and worse generates very high levels of CO2 (260g/km). Concerning this issue, last week the french government came with the decision to create an ecovignette as they call it very early in 2008. this ecovignette is basically a tax calculated on the level of CO2 that a vehicule generates. The Mahindra Scorpio (actually it is name GOA in Europe..) is in the worse category and the tax may be between 500 euros et 570 euros (tbd) per year! which is about $700 and $800 per year.. This is a lot of money and it will probably push me to consider buying a smaller 4x4 such as the Suzuki Jimny which CO2 is much less (160g/km).

My question as you may suspect is: Does anyone of you know the specs in terms of CO2 for the new Eagle engine ???
Old 29th October 2007, 14:20   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batla View Post
.... last week the french government came with the decision to create an ecovignette as they call it very early in 2008. this ecovignette is basically a tax calculated on the level of CO2 that a vehicule generates. The Mahindra Scorpio (actually it is name GOA in Europe..) is in the worse category and the tax may be between 500 euros et 570 euros (tbd) per year! which is about $700 and $800 per year..
The tax, actually, might be closer to $1000/year... and if this becomes effective as 'they' say, it might kill the 2nd attempt of Mahindra to launch cars in France. Therefore we quickly need this new engine assuming it is clean enough..
to get back to my initial question.. Any idea where I could find the info re. the CO2 generated by the 'Eagle'?
Old 31st October 2007, 14:23   #283
BHPian

Guys,

Diwali is just 1 week away.Still no news about the launch of scorpio 2.2.If anyone has any updates please do share.

regards
binoy
Old 31st October 2007, 16:06   #284
BHPian

Sorry dear, no news even with a friend who works for a dealer in senior position and can provide reliable information. So I guess its waiting game- just a possibility Diwali and else 2008 - which is anyone's guess.
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:55   #285
BHPian

hey guys why no 1 is posting anymore in this thread , is it true new scorpio will be launched in 2009?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks