Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:22   #61
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

My faith in Mahindra has been restored. I woke up this morning with a news I didn’t expect. I got a mail that my booking has been updated. I clicked (like the majority) as soon as the portal opened but booked at 11:10 when payment gateway opened. Was fully frustrated. The tweet from Mr. Mahindra didn’t give me any reassurance. But this morning i saw a mail which updated my booking.

I logged into the website and saw my booking which changed to
“INTRODUCTORY PRICE”.

Couldn’t believe it but the acknowledgment confirmed this.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-mod.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2022 at 05:01. Reason: Personal details masked
kushgandhi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:48   #62
BHPian

My booking also shows introductory price now. Well done Mahindra

Way to regain trust and respect!

Last edited by naru80 : 2nd August 2022 at 10:04.
naru80 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:56   #63
BHPian

Just saw this thread and checked my booking, and Voila! They have heeded to our cries. Had to upgrade the variant in celebration from Z4 D AT to Z6D AT.
twin-turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:58   #64
BHPian

Looks like heavens have listened to us.
Checked my account once again and got a plesant surprise.

Booking updated to introductory price.

If you havent recieved any mail please do check by logging in back to your Mahindra account.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220802100713_2.png  

Gaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:05   #65
BHPian

Hello members,

I can also confirm that my booking is now at introductory price.
However, my situation is a bit different. Like everybody else, I had clicked the book Now button at 11:00 sharp, but after 8-9 minutes, when the gateway did not respond - I just left it at what it was and did not complete payment. Called the dealer and he too confirmed that he could not get me in the first 25000. After I saw the tweet from Mr Mahindra, I did make the payment in my evening. Shot an email to Mahindra customer care, and they responded with the 'timestamp being recorded' message.

Today morning, I can see that my booking is at introductory pricing.

Question: Is there a catch here? Did Mahindra use the timestamps recorded before payment gateway failed to update our bookings and bring them under 25000 or have they decided to make an introductory price offer for all bookings completed on July 30?
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:16   #66
BHPian

Just a heads up to those who went to the payU gateway while being shown introductory prices, you can login and book now even if you didnt complete payment on the day.

The booking site is showing me Introductory Price Applicable message, and gives an option to Book Now and complete payment.

So turns out the gone in 60 seconds applied to the clicking Book Now button at 11AM on the day and proceeding to payment gateway. Think this certainly makes more sense, and many who felt cheated would now feel better about the booking process.

Edit-

Note for MODS, maybe this information could be posted as a PSA on front page? There maybe many disappointed members who failed / declined to make a payment on the day assuming they missed out on the Introductory Pricing

Last edited by ask99 : 2nd August 2022 at 10:27. Reason: Note for MODs
ask99 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:19   #67
BHPian

Just curious, so if anyone were to book a Scorpio today, how long would the wait period now be? 2 years +? How in today's world is a wait period that long for a mass produced, production line vehicle acceptable? It's not a bespoke Rolls Royce type product made by hand.....

I would personally never wait for more than 2 months for a mass produced vehicle, Dont know how the Indian car industry seems to have gone back to supply driven sector from a demand driven one again.....very strange.
driven646 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Just a heads up to those who went to the payU gateway while being shown introductory prices, you can login and book now even if you didnt complete payment on the day.

The booking site is showing me Introductory Price Applicable message, and gives an option to Book Now and complete payment.

So turns out the gone in 60 seconds applied to the clicking Book Now button at 11AM on the day and proceeding to payment gateway. Think this certainly makes more sense, and many who felt cheated would now feel better about the booking process.
Thanks, this worked and Voila - I am now in the first 25000.
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:30   #69
BHPian

Big surprise!

My booking has also been updated as "Introductory price".

Many thanks to naru80 for this wonderful news. Hope all prospective buyers in this group get their status updated.

Also, wish that Scorpio N becomes a very successful SUV in Automobile industry. And Indian brands like M&M, TaMo continue to secure higher sales numbers and stronger market shares.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_202208021022214092.png  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_202208021019392.png  

Last edited by RijuC : 2nd August 2022 at 10:31.
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:42   #70
BHPian

My booking also changed to 'Introductory Price'. Had clicked the Book Now button right at 11am and reached the Payment Gateway which refused to proceed further.

Now question is whether my booking is in the first 25k or whether Mahindra has offered introductory prices to everyone who booked until a certain time? If the latter, it would still affect delivery of the car.
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:45   #71
BHPian

Same here to my surprise ,today morning I checked the booking that I have done and the price was updated to “introductory price”.

Booking that i have done was at 11:14 am and the booking dealer has done on my behalf was at 11:07 am which still shows “price at the time of delivery”.

So those who got confirmed introductory price later have they booked on there own and at what time ?
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Big surprise!

My booking has also been updated as "Introductory price".

Many thanks to naru80 for this wonderful news. Hope all prospective buyers in this group get their status updated.

Also, wish that Scorpio N becomes a very successful SUV in Automobile industry. And Indian brands like M&M, TaMo continue to secure higher sales numbers and stronger market shares.
Wow.. I also see my status updated as Introductory price. Now I am feeling bad about all the rants I made in last couple of days!! At the same time, as a proud scorpio and THAR owner, glad to see Mahindra restoring the faith of so many who have stood by them over the years. Well done Mahindra!!
alokk0912 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:59   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
I would personally never wait for more than 2 months for a mass produced vehicle, Dont know how the Indian car industry seems to have gone back to supply driven sector from a demand driven one again.....very strange.
If you see my earlier post on electronics components supply issue, the lead time by such manufacturers are very long nowadays. Same for other electro-mechanical parts. And if there is any such parts/ components sourced from China (there must be many), it would further increase.

Let's hope situation improves faster than promised/ confirmed.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:06   #74
BHPian

Kudos to Mahindra, 11:01 am booking via Dealership, now upgraded to Introductory Price.
Credit where its due. I think Team-bhp mods should highlight this gesture from Mahindra cause its worth doing it.
dr_TJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:14   #75
HTC
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

We had four bookings in our family circle. Bro, Sis-in-law and Myself through dealers and wife throuh online Mahindra account (self booking). All dealer bookings said 'price at the time of delivery'. Exactly on 30th July, at 11am, I had clicked 'booking button' in mahindra website (Wife's account). I was able reach till payment gateway in 10-15 secs and got 502 gateway error after that. Gave up after refreshing several times and closed the window without completing the booking on 30th July.

Today after seeing the replies in this thread, I went ahead and booked online. Surprisingly it is showing 'Introductory Price*' and booking date as 2nd Aug. I will call the helpdesk and confirm if price protection is still valid as the date is not 30th July. Strange are these days. So much drama for such a expensive buy of 20+ lacs. Customer is no longer the king. Hope common sense prevails and things go back to normal again. Who doesn't want dealers compete to give best price with perks to get a customer. Hmm.. let me stop my rant. If indeed the price protection is true, then the Long wait starts. Fingers crossed.

Cheers
HTC

**MODS, Please move this to Scorpio N booking thread. Replied here by mistake. **
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-booking.jpg  

Last edited by HTC : 2nd August 2022 at 11:35. Reason: typo corrected

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks