Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:43   #91
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post

One of the item to watch out would be the delivery dates in august end. If people who are on introductory pricing and still getting delivery dates of sometime beyond Feb-mar 2023, then that would be an issue. Till that time, I would assume that Mahindra has gone with their word as per the press release.
I think with all that social media fiasco. They might have increased the introductory price limit to 35000(random number) without making it public. So what matters now is the delivery time line. If one gets his vehicle by next year march that is the case as they said they can only manufacture 6000.
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:46   #92
BHPian

Mahindra has once again proved that it actually values customer feedback. This sort of thing happened during XUV700 bookings as well where a ton of people were left disappointed but Mahindra proactively announced protections for an additional 25k customers + giving a bunch of those day 1 pricing based on add to cart.

If you check the pricing strategy across all brands in India, it's very rare for any brand to offer price protection these days. Looking at the price increases in past 9 months alone and considering an average price increase of 1L, Mahindra lost a min of 250cr by giving price protection to the next 25k customers.

I believe the people getting price protection now are in-addition to the 25k who already got it via dealer bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
No one in sane mind would have booking/ order counter on book now button.
There will most likely be a timestamp saved when user clicks on the book now button. One of the basic data point for analytics is knowing average booking time i.e. the time taken from clicking the book now button to successfully placing the order. I'm pretty sure Mahindra used this to determine who gets price protection based on book now button timestamp.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 2nd August 2022 at 13:53.
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:52   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Anyone here with Z8L D AT 4WD version who has seen a price revision back to introductory price after the initial fiasco ?
I chose the same variant and got the introductory price applied today. I believe they are just going by time stamps and not discriminating by variants.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:56   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone here with Z8L D AT 4WD version who has seen a price revision back to introductory price after the initial fiasco ? my booking says price applicable at the time of delivery.

Is it that M&M is not thinking of a price rise for the top end at this point and the price hike could be for lower variants ?
The dealer had booked Z8L D MT 4WD in my name without my intention, just based on my enquiry. Today when I checked again by logging in with my mobile number, I still see 'price applicable at the time of delivery'.
But I don't think it will be variant specific.

Last edited by Knightrider : 2nd August 2022 at 13:57.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 14:25   #95
BANNED

My understanding is that Mahindra never said the first 25K bookings (which happened under a minute) were part of the price protection. Where did they say this? The 25K was just a measure of the speed at which bookings happened.

The price protection was probably only applied in retrospection for most of the bookings, only after re-conciliation and audit of the time stamps.
Old 2nd August 2022, 14:28   #96
BHPian

Hurrah !! My booking has changed to 'Introductory price'.
I had already polled beforehand, so my vote stands wrongful now.

Don't really know if this is the effect of mailing to 'Mahindra booking support' or otherwise.
I think someone from Mahindra is definitely reading this forum.

Good move by Mahindra.
I had started thinking of cancellation or lowering down the variant to Z6.
Old 2nd August 2022, 14:37   #97
BHPian

From the looks of it, here's what must have happened.

The team set internal targets, and to reach them, cut all kinds of corners in the booking process by not putting safeguards against multiple and fake bookings by dealers.

The celebratory press release was ready and released without due diligence of the numbers.

After the outcry, when they checked the data they must have found a surfeit of scam bookings such as multiple entries against same phone number, etc.

That may be a reason why, unlike the booking day, there's no press release yet on the corrective action.

The other scenario is that they counted the booking intent (tokens) and not the actual booking. That's why price protection is still available to those who clicked on book now sharp at 11 but did not complete the booking.

That 25k in a minute and 1 lakh in 30 mins numbers could in reality be the token count of all the people clicking on book now again and again and getting timed out.

Whatever the case the press release figures don't hold up to scrutiny (anecdotal evidence also suggests so: in the entire team-bhp only 1 user had price protection on booking day).

I could be wrong though. But one thing is for sure: They will try to sugarcoat it and generate goodwill by saying benefits extended to more buyers.

In the end, Mahindra has ultimately done the right thing, which is more than that can be said of other automakers. Hopefully they will now steer clear of such gimmicks.

But some competent regulatory authority really needs to step in and check the tall claims in press releases. Mahindra corrected course, but the process has exposed huge loopholes in terms of misleading advertising and buyer protection.

Last edited by naru80 : 2nd August 2022 at 14:55.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 14:47   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
My understanding is that Mahindra never said the first 25K bookings (which happened under a minute) were part of the price protection. Where did they say this? The 25K was just a measure of the speed at which bookings happened.

The price protection was probably only applied in retrospection for most of the bookings, only after re-conciliation and audit of the time stamps.
I guess you are out of the Mahindra Scorpio-N-verse or out of the loop. Introductory price for 1st 25K bookings was announced way ahead of the actual booking date of 30th July.

Price protection is a great feature and I honestly feel happy that Mahindra is honouring this feature. And people be so negative of waiting period and price protection etc, most other manufacturers also have waiting period for their popular models (Albeit, less than Mahindra XUV700, Thar or ScorpioN) and they also do price hikes.

So, its an even field out there.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 2nd August 2022 at 14:50.
Old 2nd August 2022, 15:06   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I guess you are out of the Mahindra Scorpio-N-verse or out of the loop. Introductory price for 1st 25K bookings was announced way ahead of the actual booking date of 30th July.
Will try to explain again...Imagine that I hit Book button in under a minute and this got me into Mahindra's first 25K booking list based on timestamp when I hit the Book button (and even without payment done in that minute, but done subsequently). This is what they projected as 25K bookings in a minute.

Mahindra's 25K bookings in under a minute != 25K bookings which also finished payment in that minute (these where those folks who hit the Book button in that minute and completed payment subsequently).

The legitimacy of whether you came first or not (and within the 1 minute) happened in retrospective when Mahindra reconciled the time stamps and payment statuses later.
Old 2nd August 2022, 15:31   #100
BHPian

Got my booking confirmation as per introductory price. Kudos to Mahindra for listening to the customers and also to united enthusiasts community who confessed to how dealers are leading the numbers in wrong direction.

However, since so many are now confirming to get the introductory pricing, is Mahindra providing price protection to more than 25000? If they are then we should be sticking to our current drives for longer times than anticipated.

Quote:
Anyone here with Z8L D AT 4WD version who has seen a price revision back to introductory price after the initial fiasco ? my booking done on 30th July around 11:18 AM shows a message price applicable at the time of the delivery as 23,90,000/- though at another place, it says price applicable at the time of delivery.

Is it that M&M is not thinking of a price rise for the top end at this point and the price hike could be for lower variants ?
Current price protection states clearly "Introductory pricing applies to this booking subject to completion of booking process and purchase." please check for your booking slip downloaded.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 2nd August 2022 at 15:33.
Old 2nd August 2022, 15:35   #101
BHPian

No beating You Mahindra ! In a matter of 4 days, you have taken me from heights of happiness to the lows of sadness and again back to the heights. And look at you...your status changing from the wonderful Indian manufacturer pre-30th to a villain on 30th and in a matter of 2 days you are back to be the ethical hero. This social media tightens one's screws.

I'm confused..what will be the next surprise. So i have taken a screen-shot of the current status and saved it to all my drives. Who knows what will change tomm.

In my earlier post in the other ScorpioN thread i had mentioned that i'm happy that i did not get into the 25000 club..so that i get a sorted machine after 15 months. Current status: Wow ! Im among the lucky few God has chosen.I should not lose this chance.Welcome Scorpio

On a serious note,im so happy this has happened..not because i may get to have the introductory price but because a company i admire much has done something it should. I truly believe this was some technical botch up they did not forsee...but well shit happens and the best thing you can do is to clean it up and move on.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-aa.png  

Last edited by Ram78 : 2nd August 2022 at 15:44.
Ram78 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 15:38   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
I chose the same variant and got the introductory price applied today. I believe they are just going by time stamps and not discriminating by variants.
Yes. This is correct. I also checked my booking today and was pleased to see that introductory price will be applicable to my booking as well Really happy to see that Mahindra took all the efforts to give the actual benifit to all buyers who were affected because of technical issue.
Old 2nd August 2022, 16:01   #103
BANNED

Curiosity question .. how are the Youtubers and Auto sector experts getting to drive the Scorpio N for such long distances (some have driven from Nashik to Delhi for example). Was this some program by Mahindra where they give the vehicle to applications for a long period (2-3 days)?

Also loved the off roading experience they had arranged at Lonavala I think !!
Old 2nd August 2022, 16:14   #104
BHPian

Hi All, I managed to book via the Dealer and get introductory pricing for the Z6 Diesel Manual in Black I am not sure if I am the only one to get the introductory pricing for a non-Z8 variant. This was a huge surprise as I gave myself zero chance of making it within the initial 25K bookings. I only knew about it when I bothered to check my email on the evening of the 30th.

All along the way, my SA insisted that he does the booking for us. He had collected our documents/details a lot earlier and then asked me to transfer the booking amount a day before, which I did. The rest was pure luck as when I spoke to the SA, he said he had entered over 60 bookings for various customers from his dealership and mine was the only one that made it to the 25K.

To me its clear that preference was given to bookings made via dealership; I feel for all others who tried to log in and make the cut. Could the process have been made more transparent - yes, ofcourse. Mahindra could have just said all bookings need to be done via dealership and then a lucky dip to select 25K from the full list.

Anyhow, I am not entirely sure if this is the vehicle for me. That decision is pending my visit to the showroom and TD in the next few days. Of all the variant, the Z6 Diesel makes most sense to me and is VFM at 14.99 lakhs. I dont need the sun-roof and would have happily gone with Z4 Diesel if it came with ESP but thats limited to the Z4 AT which is costlier than the Z6 Diesel MT. And I dont really need the AT to be honest.

Will keep you guys posted on the outcome of experience with the vehicle.
Old 2nd August 2022, 16:24   #105
BHPian

Ok,

Even my booking has been changed to "Introductory Pricing". And i got to know about it from our forum, not my email, not from M&M site. :-)

A basic query - so will this introductory pricing be applicable to another variant if I change my mind before 15th August? Seems obvious that it will be, but just want to be sure before meddling with the cart.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks