Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 12:43   #166
BANNED

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quick question to those who did Online bookings and have got confirmed seat of "Introductory price". Has the dealer you chose during your online booking contacted you yet?

I suspect the Dealers dont have the information of Online bookings (Mahindra has not sent them the details yet)?
Old 5th August 2022, 16:19   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Quick question to those who did Online bookings ... Has the dealer you chose during your online booking contacted you yet? ....I suspect the Dealers dont have the information of Online bookings...?
Dealer did not ..i did.It's a sellers market Post calling my Sales Lead, he did ask for screen-shot of details so that he can follow up with M&M. Dealers not having the data is not convincing..but they are in a situation where if not me, there are atleast 2 others to pick it up.

Not sure where to post this..here or in the original Scorpio N thread: For Hyderabad folks, the dealer at Nagole is very good. They have the test drive vehicle (Black petrol AT), are courteous and intent on selling.I interacted with Satyapal and Chaitanya. They also have a XUV700 AX3 white for display. Only problem is that its far for those staying in other part of the city. If planning for a test drive do so on a week-day.Else you will be like queueing up in front of a wine shop waiting for your turn and the next guy in line cursing you for taking the extra time.

Last edited by Ram78 : 5th August 2022 at 16:26.
Old 5th August 2022, 16:31   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
For Hyderabad folks, the dealer at Nagole is very good.
What is the name of the Dealer @Nagole?

Also, I don't think the introductory price bookings can be mis-handled by dealers with so much hungama on social media platforms already about the 25K bookings. Worse case, they will give the delivery with least interest, but they cannot do any mischief for sure since the allotment and booking is directly happening from the mothership.
Old 5th August 2022, 16:48   #169
Senior - BHPian

I added it to my cart well in advance. Mahindra kept reminding me through email and SMS about the actual booking starting on the 30th of July at 11:00.

At 10:50, I got another SMS reminder, logged in, and exactly at 11:00 the 'book now' option became available. I clicked it and got the 504 bad gateway.

Tried again and this time got through to the payment page where it showed 'price at the time of delivery will apply'. Got very disappointed and thought it was a sign form God that the ScoripioN was not to be. HDFC was not available as a net banking option and PayTM was also not going through, finally gave up.

Then all of a sudden, the next day I got a call from someone who said they are calling from Mahindra. Was a pleasant call, she was apologetic and explained the situation to me. Finally I got the good news that my booking qualified for the 25,000 early bird introductory price offer. I was over the moon but thought it was a prank. The call was followed up with an email. That sealed it for me.

Surprisingly, HDFC Bank is still not one of the banks available for Net Banking payment. I had to make other arrangements and finally closed it yesterday. Was able to change booking to Z2 Diesel variant too.

I believe that Mahindra has taken a hit on their finances because of this. Maybe 25,000 bookings were over in 55 seconds but seeing the out pouring of grief all over the country, they have let me and others like me into the list. I think close to 60,000+ of us have benefited from the introductory pricing scheme. You might argue that they have the booking amount in their custody and can earn interest on it which will off set the proposed price hike beyond 25,000 bookings, but I think it was a good gesture on their part to extend the offer to others who did not initially qualify, they did not have to do it, but nevertheless did it. Great example set by Mahindra, appreciate it
TheARUN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 19:39   #170
BANNED

Has anyone with a confirmed booking been able to change the dealer online?

Does customer care help with changing the dealer after booking online?

I also saw this in fine print at https://booking.mahindra.com/terms-and-conditions! This is not mentioned in the confirmation email at all! . I am sure if we don't do this within 3 days, the dealers may use this against us. Most got confirmation email on 3rd Aug, so it will be 3 days tomorrow!

https://booking.mahindra.com/terms-and-conditions

"Post the receipt of an email acknowledging the online order, the Customer needs to visit the Selected Dealership within three (3) business days with the KYC proof as advised by the dealership, wherein he/she will be required to provide booking.mahindra.com website Online Reference number or Order Number and Mobile no. used for registering on booking.mahindra.com ("Registered Mobile no.") to complete the necessary formalities as mentioned herein."

Last edited by MetalClank : 5th August 2022 at 20:00. Reason: Added important details
MetalClank is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 21:47   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question to those who did Online bookings and have got confirmed seat of "Introductory price". Has the dealer you chose during your online booking contacted you yet?

I suspect the Dealers dont have the information of Online bookings (Mahindra has not sent them the details yet)?
I took a test drive at a dealership who assigned an SA. He called me a day before the booking reminding me to book at 11 sharp. After the booking he asked me to share the screenshot of the booking receipt. I guess he was only calculating the number of successful bookings out of all the people he was assigned to.
Old 6th August 2022, 10:40   #172
BHPian

Is the booking refundable, if it is, how do we go about it.
Old 6th August 2022, 11:56   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin-turbo View Post
Is the booking refundable, if it is, how do we go about it.
Yes, it is fully refundable. Wait for Mahindra to start communicating delivery dates, and then you will be able to cancel.
Old 6th August 2022, 21:15   #174

Quote:
Has anyone with a confirmed booking been able to change the dealer online?

Does customer care help with changing the dealer after booking online?

I also saw this in fine print at https://booking.mahindra.com/terms-and-conditions! This is not mentioned in the confirmation email at all! . I am sure if we don't do this within 3 days, the dealers may use this against us. Most got confirmation email on 3rd Aug, so it will be 3 days tomorrow!
[/i]
To avoid this very situation, I changed the dealer a day BEFORE bookings went online, but when I went to dealer(NEW one) today, but to my surprise, their database had my details with Old Dealership, and said car will come in old dealer only, but then I showed them the confirmation mail as well as login to "booking.mahindra.com" which clearly mentioned NEW Dealer details, so they called the Old one, took my KYC details and updated it with theirs. Now SA is assigned from NEW one and delivery address will also be the same.
So I suggest go to new dealership if they can do something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Yes, it is fully refundable. Wait for Mahindra to start communicating delivery dates, and then you will be able to cancel.
I don't think it is fully refundable, their own website says "booking amount will be refunded after 10% deduction".
Please clarify if this information is wrong/updated later.
Old 6th August 2022, 22:21   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs View Post

I don't think it is fully refundable, their own website says "booking amount will be refunded after 10% deduction".
Please clarify if this information is wrong/updated later.
Yeah, I saw this on twitter. Mahindra Customer Care was responding to a similar question. I posted this a few days back. See my post: Link (What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?)
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 15:49   #176
BANNED

Is there a BHP thread on how to check the VIN of any new vehicle during delivery?
Old 7th August 2022, 19:06   #177
BHPian

One thing to note on the Official Mahindra website.

Xuv700 still proudly claims to be the fastest car to reach 1 lakh bookings when the companies press release stated scorpio n did it in 30 mins.

On the official scorpio page it doesn’t say it has 1 lakh Bookings.

I think the recounting of bookings post which people were given introductory prices showed Mahindra that they didn’t receive the number they claimed for Media headlines and stock market.

This further shows the impatience of the marketing team and create unnecessary hype of a product. In legal terms that can be considered as misleading the shareholders.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-e91c1b7a235447a890e336f85a9b68b7.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-136e9ac4e58c4fffac02ea8ea9c9fbc4.jpeg
kushgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 19:30   #178
BHPian

A lot of Scorpio-N bookings could be from the same people who maybe holding the XUV700 bookings. Just my guess, but just curious if some of the folks who polled / announced their bookings are holding an active XUV booking as well.
Old 7th August 2022, 19:46   #179
BANNED

I heard from a dealership that the maintenance packages are mostly controlled by Mahindra to maintain uniformity. Can existing Mahindra vehicle owners help with the details of how to chose the most comprehensive package for the Scorpio N?

Also I am trying to search for TeamBHP thread for Vehicle Insurance 101. How to purchase the most comprehensive insurance, various components and experience of insurance claims. Thanks a lot in advance for the details as this may help a lot of people.
Old 7th August 2022, 19:57   #180
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a BHP thread on how to check the VIN of any new vehicle during delivery?
Here you go:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks