Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 17:42   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Mine is showing 12th March to 11th April 2023. Its for Z2 Diesel, Manual, Napoli Black. Suits me fine, only problem is that the 6.99% interest scheme is only for deliveries before 31st of December, 2022
Old 30th August 2022, 17:47   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Which colour did you book?
Napoli black , What i have observed is diesel automatic are pushed late or it could be variants with most bookings are manufactured first.
Old 30th August 2022, 18:23   #303
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

I had booked Z8 P AT through the dealer. I don't have any delivery dates yet, and I don't have introductory price either.

Well, M & M appears very upset with Z8 customers, for not walking that extra "L" mile and is hell bent on punishing them hard.

Does anyone that booked through the dealer have delivery dates yet or is it only available for online bookings?
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 18:39   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
I had booked Z8 P AT through the dealer. I don't have any delivery dates yet, and I don't have introductory price either.

Well, M & M appears very upset with Z8 customers, for not walking that extra "L" mile and is hell bent on punishing them hard.

Does anyone that booked through the dealer have delivery dates yet or is it only available for online bookings?
As per M&M's yesterday press release, "The customers beyond the first 25,000 bookings will be communicated their estimated delivery period in the next 10 days"
MyGoRa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 19:00   #305
BHPian

Only possible reason why MnM has given such skewed variants production is because they do not have enough semiconductors sensors for producing Z6/Z8s. Hence they are producing Z8Ls with whatever little stock of semiconductors and after exhausting that capacity they are producing variants which require no sensors/semiconductors.

Whatever Veejay Nakra talked about ramped up production, stocks being built up based on learning from XUV 700 etc was just a pep-talk and does not hold any relevance in real world Mahindra.
rooster.ram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 19:01   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
We are in the same boat sir. No logical insight except that MnM has kept a steep margin on Z8L and doesn't want cancellations because of delays. apart from that, any and all variants are being randomly manipulated.
The common saying that "sadness gets dissolved/reduced by sharing" couldn't have been any more truer. While it sucks, I am slightly at ease by knowing that other Z8 D AT 4WD people are all in the same boat (more or less) and that its not just me who this has happened to.

Although, I seem to be the only one who has shared proof of delivery in June 2022, even while being INTRODUCTORY, so that's that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post

Exactly! Mahindra has accorded least priority to Z8 D AT 4WD booking which are amongst the first 25,000.
Incinerated is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 19:47   #307
BHPian

One more thing to note is that members who are getting their deliveries in 2023 may not be able to benefit from the 6.99% interest rate from Mahindra Finance. In my conversation with Mahindra Finance, the executive had mentioned that the scheme is valid for deliveries that will happen on or before December 31, 2022.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 20:03   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a Z8 D AT 4WD booking in the first 25K and also got dates in March-April 2023. What I found with th booking experience of the XUV700 is that M&M tends to under-promise and over-deliver, i.e, the vehicles may be delivered far earlier than the promise dates. This is a combination of painless cancellations causing the actual allotments to go down the list to the ready customers, and also M&M being conservative with dates. In any case, I am happy as I get more time to think whether to replace my Thar D AT 4WD with the ScorpioN or not and also receive the 2023 manufactured car.

Quote:
Only possible reason why MnM has given such skewed variants production is because they do not have enough semiconductors sensors for producing Z6/Z8s. Hence they are producing Z8Ls with whatever little stock of semiconductors and after exhausting that capacity they are producing variants which require no sensors/semiconductors.
A very plausible explanation. The Z8s require connected car tech, TPMS sensors and related electronics, keyless entry and push button start tech, Auto AC related sensors and electronics, TFT display clusters, car navigation electronics, rear camera, and similar electronics parts/items that the Z4 does not need.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 20:27   #309

Delivery date of 26/9 for me too ! - this was like Fastest finger first!
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-ec719cefe06943e18cb3bb6a6a016a12.jpeg  

Doc.coolbeans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 20:48   #310

Quote:
My Z8AT4WD (price protected) is showing delivery date as Feb-March 23. MnM has played one more gimmick by saying 4 months "average" waiting for first 25k.
Mine is Z8 AT 4x4 (under 25000 booking). Getting it after 7 months
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-9edfe31bb7ea4467ac21d71e994da62a.jpeg  

Old 30th August 2022, 20:53   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerated View Post
Although, I seem to be the only one who has shared proof of delivery in June 2022,
Here goes my proof.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_2022083020414310_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
In my conversation with Mahindra Finance, the executive had mentioned that the scheme is valid for deliveries that will happen on or before December 31, 2022.
The lady from Mahindra Finance said something about locking the interest rate. Though I did not follow up, the scheme applies to locking before the validity IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I have a Z8 D AT 4WD booking in the first 25K and also got dates in March-April 2023. What I found with th booking experience of the XUV700 is that M&M tends to under-promise and over-deliver, i.e, the vehicles may be delivered far earlier than the promise dates.
But since now that my delivery date is so late, I may not bother to arrange finances before the due date or rather invest /spend the funds arranged for down payment causing maybe a loss of prospective buyers. If the date given is realistic, then maybe someone who was seating on fence can wait.
Though I am not cancelling as of now.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 30th August 2022 at 21:03.
Old 30th August 2022, 21:11   #312

Can those of us whose Scorpio N delivery dates are in 2023 request for change in variant/colour/dealers? I guess, it should be fair for geniune customers like us who are waiting eagerly for their deliveries and have been disappointed with 2023 dates!
Old 30th August 2022, 21:19   #313

Quote:
We are in the same boat sir. No logical insight except that MnM has kept a steep margin on Z8L and doesn't want cancellations because of delays. apart from that, any and all variants are being randomly manipulated.

Declaring an average waiting period of 4 months was a gimmick, consumers having to wait for 6- 9 months for cars to get delivered doesn't support that gimmick.

Mine is a price protected Z8 D AT 4WD. Mahindra Doesn't think I am any valuable to them and the delivery date is March- April 23.

What kind of assembly line is this where they cannot have flexibility to produce variants as per demand?
You are right. The margins are steep on Z8L. A price difference of 3L over Z8 for a few features is absurd.

I have a booking of Z8 D AT 4x4 Napoli Black. I was pretty excited to receive the delivery in December atleast considering Z8L had priority and Z8 will then follow. But its a shocker to be getting it in Mar 21-Apr 23 slot. Nevertheless my variant is Z8 4x4 which costs more than Z8L 4x2 and therefore should get same priority as Z8L models.

Hope no more surprises !!
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-631a8eddd68b46888420ffe4af8e1839.jpeg  

bheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 21:28   #314
BHPian

Z4 Diesel MT Deep Forest 30 Dec 22-29 Jan 23.

But I think I will get if faster. Let’s see
Old 30th August 2022, 21:34   #315
BHPian

I think Z8 and Z8L might have same production line. Similarly Z6 and Z4 might have same.

So, we may see Z8L > Z6 > Z4 > Z8 in delivery timelines.
This is considering Z8 might have max bookings followed by Z6, or vice versa.

I am not able to know my delivery timeline, since I am sailing mid ocean with no mobile signal. Waiting eagerly to come in range of a mobile tower.

I have a Z8 D AT Deep forest introductory.

In a way, I am happy if my delivery is scheduled around Jan-Feb. Otherwise my better half might have to do it on her own, since I will be home in Jan. Moreover I might get a 2023 manufacturered model - good for resale and probably rid of teething issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks