Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 21:40   #376
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Here is what I could collate from the information on this thread
Pulse500: Z6-D-MT, March 18th 2023 to April 17th 2023.

I downgraded my booking to Z6-D-MT as this would be my last ICE vehicle, a bridge, before I switch to suitable E-SUV or Hydrogen-SUV (if available in 3-5 years).

Wish I could get XUV700 AX3/AX5 cruise control!
Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 21:43   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post

And here's what I plan for the look...

Attachment 2353468
I am also planning to upgrade my tires to AT right after delivery!
What price should I expect for the company fitted tyres?

I am planning to update my rims as well! Probably 6inch offset!
Any dealer in NCR that can give me good deal?

Also, any thoughts on 265/65 R17 AT tyres?
unpopulrxplorer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 22:21   #378
BHPian

I can now see the booking cancellation button on the auto.mahindra bookings page. Hopefully in a few days the dummy bookings will be cancelled and genuine bookings move up the delivery timeline.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 22:21   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Here is what I could collate from the information on this thread
Put me in with a Z8L D AT 4x4, Green with a Sep 26 delivery date.

Whether or not I pick it up is another thing
Old 1st September 2022, 22:23   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post

My question or doubt, did Mahindra start production of Scorpio N in August.
The ScorpioN production has started since July (in small numbers) but august was in full ramp up. There were Thousands of cars parked near dispatch yard. So i don't think that the demo cars is being pushed to you. But its always prudent to be vigilant.

All the best for your New ScorpioN delivery.

Thanks
UD
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 02:07   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
I am also planning to upgrade my tires to AT right after delivery!
What price should I expect for the company fitted tyres?
I am planning to downsize to 16 inch wheels with AT tyres of 245/75 R16. While wider tyres would no doubt look more macho, it would also mean lesser grip owing to lesser weight on the tyres. I hope the downsize to 16 inches would improve the ride as well, and that the taller sidewall would give a more old school SUV look. The wheels in the pic are OEM accessories for the Thar, avaiable from the m2all.com shop.

Quote:
I am planning to update my rims as well! Probably 6inch offset!
Any dealer in NCR that can give me good deal?
Dealers would probably give you a worse price than you could get outside. If you have the patience and space, it would be worth it to keep the tyres and wheels with you and sell it later. Me, I plan on keeping them with me and to put them on before every service, to avoid possible warranty denials later on.

Not familiar with the NCR region, sorry. You should check out the Alloy Wheel show-off thread, or the Scorpio/Thar tyre/wheel upgrade thread, bhpians love talking about great deals that they got.

Quote:
Also, any thoughts on 265/65 R17 AT tyres?
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-265-65-17.png

As you see, the diameter increase is within limits, so speedo error and gearing should not suffer. Since the increase in width is only 5 mm on each side, there shouldn't be any rubbing either. It all depends on the offset of the rims you fit as well.

It's great to see how excited everyone is for their bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz
Hopefully in a few days the dummy bookings will be cancelled and genuine bookings move up the delivery timeline.
Thanks for this update. i have cancelled my duplicate booking today, so hopefully, you have moved up at least one spot right now. It says that a cancellation fee of 10% will be charged, but also that it won't be charged for ScorpioN bookings in another page. Hope I get the full refund soon enough, as I have given the reason that it is a duplicate booking made at the dealer's advise.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 10:28   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
The ScorpioN production has started since July (in small numbers) but august was in full ramp up. There were Thousands of cars parked near dispatch yard. So i don't think that the demo cars is being pushed to you. But its always prudent to be vigilant.

All the best for your New ScorpioN delivery.

Thanks
UD
Thank you UD17. I was of the opinion that the production will start from September. In "Track My Booking" page, the status is still "order under planning". So considering that thousands of cars were already manufactured, then the "Track My Booking" is just an eye wash, just to give customers a feel that how transparent Mahindra is.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:11   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I am planning to downsize to 16 inch wheels with AT tyres of 245/75 R16. While wider tyres would no doubt look more macho, it would also mean lesser grip owing to lesser weight on the tyres. I hope the downsize to 16 inches would improve the ride as well, and that the taller sidewall would give a more old school SUV look.
Scorpio in its concept (from the very beginning) is a far cry from old school SUV, it was fast, agile and rides hard - to this day.

Scorpio moved from 16 Inch to 17 inch in 2014 to fit the new larger brake rotors, as well as the new suspension set up that gave a sharper, even more car like steering set up. It feels like a Hatchback in comparison to the older Scorpio, that is the amount of difference there is.

I doubt if 16 inch would fit with adequate clearance, 17 should be minimum given the platform change from 2014.

Regardless of that, the notion that a tyre with taller side profile is going to improve ride quality is false. There is an amount of isolation that a tyre can provide on a rough surface but overall ride and handling is the job of Springs and Dampers. The suspension tuning is with regards to the tyre specifications the car comes with, if you alter it chances are its going to ruin ride\ handling or both.

For example, emergency lane changes or the day you hit a set of rumblers on a curve with a heavier than factory tyres, you`d wish you had just left the damn thing alone.
Kosfactor is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 13:47   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Thank you UD17. I was of the opinion that the production will start from September. In "Track My Booking" page, the status is still "order under planning". So considering that thousands of cars were already manufactured, then the "Track My Booking" is just an eye wash, just to give customers a feel that how transparent Mahindra is.
Have patience brother…the complete tree of status update will move once your vehicle actually starts to get updated in system for relevant steps till delivery. Mine still shows “Booking Completed” as i am outside the 25k. Yours at least shows 2 steps ahead meaning the tree is indeed going to get updated…

Mahindra has mentioned they would deliver 7000 Scorpios in first 10 days..so logistics etc will need these vehicles to be ready at least 15 days prior to the delivery date to be able to reach the dealerships in time…a manufacturing date, month or two before delivery should be expected…
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:42   #385

Although I am not looking to buy Scorpio, I have been seeing white new Scorpio parked outside a house on my way to office since 2 days. I thought delivery was few weeks away still. These people do have quite few other Mahindra cars too like Alturas G4 and E2O e car they are still using
SuperbNavigator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:38   #386
BHPian

End of day pretty unfair it seems :(
Disappointed !!!

Z8 D MT 4WD
Delivery 16Apr-16May2023

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpio-booking-status-02sep2022.jpg
Old 3rd September 2022, 07:44   #387
BHPian

Has anyone cancelled the booking done by the dealer online on his own . How is the amount refunded , do we need to add bank details .

Or do we need to go back to the dealer for cancellation and refund .
Old 3rd September 2022, 08:44   #388
BHPian

Here goes, within a day or two from "Order under planning" to "Vehicle production" to "Ready to shipped" to "On it's way". Wow that was Gods speed.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20220903-084208.jpg  

sabsubs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 09:25   #389
HTC
BANNED

Z8 D AT 4wd white, price protected.
Not sure if it is in first 25k lot. Delivery timeline is between 2nd Mar and 2nd Apr 2023.

7 months of long wait.
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:32   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Z8 D AT 4wd white, price protected.
Not sure if it is in first 25k lot. Delivery timeline is between 2nd Mar and 2nd Apr 2023.

7 months of long wait.
Mine is same variant and my delivery date is a month earlier, as far as i am concerned it is a perfect timeline, one has price protection and vehicle is not from initial batches of production, whatever initial niggles that might happen hopefully will be sorted by then. Also by that time there will be lot of ownership experiences out in social media so that will also help Mahindra to troubleshoot potential failure modes(aka Thar bonnet hook issue). Also one gets a good insight on what to expect from the vehicle in real life situation and adapt to it. Additionally by that time Bimbra hopefully will be out with cool mods which one can explore. So i see it positively
Bluebird_7 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks