Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2022, 12:23   #436
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

My non introductory Z8L 4WD AT Black got scheduled delivery in 7th Dec22-6th Jan23. Booking confirmation received at 11:02 am through dealership yet missed introductory pricing. First time some happy news from Mahindra as I can get 23 registered car on 1st Jan itself if I wish (though doubtful as it will definitely be affected by price hike).
But nevertheless, I was not happy with missing introductory pricing and hope it won't affect me with big price increase in Oct-Nov.
Learning: Don't trust dealership during first finger first saga and try through multiple mode of booking.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220906124331_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Arinmech : 6th September 2022 at 12:45.
Old 6th September 2022, 12:52   #437

After getting disappointing delivery estimates, I tried calling Mahindra showroom today for getting some of the missing information related to a normal buyer's journey.

My Scorpio-N booking:
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-booking-delivery2.png

One of the omissions of Z8 variant as compared to Z8L is the non-Sony sound system. Currently, neither I have any idea how would a stock music system would sound in my 22+L booked car, nor the dealership sales person have any clue about it.

Second unknown is the chosen Grand Canyon color. There is an absolute void of information regarding this color online and offline. No dealer has any slightest of the clue of how this color would look. There are only couple of images available online. Mahindra should have at least given enough information about the variants of their product.

Observing how deliveries are planned and limited information about variants, I think Mahindra is not interested to sell any other variant than Z8L with Black/White/Silver color. If not, they should have at least provided color palates to the showroom/dealers along with TD vehicles.
er_sb_blogs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 13:20   #438
BHPian

I made two bookings (like many others) one online and one through the dealer. The dealer booking was a Non price protection booking.

Both models were Z8 but I changed one of the bookings to Z8L which was under price protection. I received a Delivery date of 26 sept - 11 oct.

Casually thought to check the status of the second booking as i was planning to cancel it,
And I think My booking has broken this threads record as of now.

Z8 booked at 11:45 on day 1 Delivery estimate 1st February to 2nd March 2024

Yes we have Deliveries reaching 2024 for cars booked on Day 1. Thankfully I wasn't just depending on the dealer for the booking.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20220906-1.13.11-pm.png
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 13:26   #439
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Thanks for the support & understanding

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2022 at 09:21.
RegularIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th September 2022, 14:08   #440
BHPian

Venting out, with no offense meant to online bookings.

While justice was ensured for online bookings (intro prices assured based on recording of login timestamps with or without booking amounts), dealer bookings are being dealt with in an indifferential manner. Missing intro prices, even if the amounts were paid in advance, delayed deliveries and more. Atleast, my dealer insisted on transfer of booking amount and submission of KYC docs before the booking window opened.

It isn't a fair system in which my booking is done & dusted by 11:06 without intro pricing, but an unsuccessful online booker got to pay 2 days later, after a retrospective review for intro pricing. I don't believe, the intro prices were only given to 25K vehicles. Remember, the press announcement on the booking day. Nearly, every T-BHPIAN that attempted an online booking got intro pricing later, confirms the reaction to a strong backlash.

Not sure if M & M considered this option, an increase of price protection quota for dealer bookings, if indeed there was an increase in the overall price protection quota (from 25K & upwards). I am not aware if anyone that had a dealer booking without intro pricing get it changed to intro. Would be happy to stand corrected. Thanks.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 14:11   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
It's probably to do with chipset availability. Z8L and Z8 would need the most number of modules, hence chipsets. It makes sense that with their current inventory of chipsets/modules, they decided to prioritize Z8Ls.

So it's Z8Ls >> variants with lower chipset requirement > Z8s

I have two bookings:
Z8 4x4 D-AT - Introductory pricing - ETA: April 2023
Z8L 4x4 D-AT - Non-Intro pricing (Missed by a whisker, booked at 11:15 on 30/07) - No ETA.

My bet is that the second one would arrive earlier.
Got the ETA for the non-introductory price booking.

Update:

Z8 4x4 D-AT Forest Green - Introductory pricing - ETA: April - May 2023
Z8L 4x4 D-AT Forest Green - Non-Intro pricing (Missed by a whisker, booked at 11:15 on 30/07) - 4th Feb-6th Mar 2023.
Old 6th September 2022, 14:13   #442
BHPian

For er_sb_blogs and other members having concerns on colour selection:

None of the colours of Scorpio N are bad, except the bright red colour which I find very loud and excessively bold and doesn't suit gigantic SUVs. Smart sedans and cute hatchbacks in bright red colour look good, for example VW Polo, Skoda Slavia etc.

Also, bright red coloured tail lamps do not stand out in contrast to the bright red body colour. A smoky tail lamp colour combination would look better for big cars with bright red body colour.

Whereas the Grand canyon colour is of more earthy tone, looks good if you travel through the countrysides, forests, lush green mountains (western ghats, Nilgiris, lower Himalayas, Terai region etc.) and if the Owner decides to play it little dirty, in off-roading trails.

Traditionally Black looks the best for this SUV. However, it is extremely difficult to maintain and problem when parked for long time under the sun in northern part of India. White and Silver are best suitable for the safe players like us.

Deep forest green is another one loved by adventure lovers. But it looks dull when dirty/ overcast / cloudy days.

Golden is very sober, again looks dull under the cloudy sky.

These are my personal opinions. However there must be some logic / rationale behind your selection of colour. Gradually you would start loving this colour. Hence don't worry much. And you won't see many Grand canyon Scorpio N on road. Hence exclusivity is guaranteed.

I would have picked up grand canyon colour if I was from KL, KA, MH, GA or North-eastern states. I have finalized taxi colour- white for the petrol/ Silver for the Diesel! Another reason behind my colour selection is I do highway and expressway drives at night. One of my biggest concern now is the headlight set-up for the Z4 variant and a suitable fog light.

Last edited by RijuC : 6th September 2022 at 14:18.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 14:44   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
None of the colours of Scorpio N are bad, except the bright red colour which I find very loud and excessively bold and doesn't suit gigantic SUVs.

Smart sedans and cute hatchbacks in bright red colour look good, for example VW Polo, Skoda Slavia etc.

Whereas the Grand canyon colour is of more earthy tone, looks good if you travel through the countrysides, forests, lush green mountains (western ghats, Nilgiris, lower Himalayas, Terai region etc.) and if the Owner decides to play it little dirty, in off-roading trails.
White and Silver are best suitable for the safe players like us.

I would have picked up grand canyon colour if I was from KL, KA, MH, GA or North-eastern states
I was actually looking at booking the Grand Canyon color but there were no signs of it anywhere online just a glimpse though. So i played safe and booked the Dazzling Silver. Wasn’t sure how would the GC look on such a huge vehicle. Waited till the edit window was open to see if i could get to see the GC but unfortunately couldn’t. So stayed with my booking as is.
Old 6th September 2022, 14:49   #444
BHPian

End of the day its business for mahindra, variant with maximum margin/profit should be delivered first under introductory name . After that prices are going to increase even if the input cost increases marginally . Win win situation in all cases
Old 6th September 2022, 15:10   #445
HTC
BANNED

Z4 Diesel Manual 4wd White color (booking done thrugh dealer, No price protection)
Expeced Delivery: 29th Oct - 28 Nov 2023.

1+ years wait time. Mostly will get cancelled.
Old 6th September 2022, 15:15   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Z8 booked at 11:45 on day 1 Delivery estimate 1st February to 2nd March 2024

Yes we have Deliveries reaching 2024 for cars booked on Day 1. Thankfully I wasn't just depending on the dealer for the booking.
M&M may be allotting the delivery dates based on all the bookings in first one hour. As you have booked very late in that hour, so yours is way behind in the production queue going by the numbers for Z8s. Many bookings are going to get cancelled, M&M has to plan production line in such a way that the cancelled bookings for Z8Ls should not be produced and passed onto late buyers, and Z8s booked early should be produced and awarded to the genuine buyers earlier (my own wishful thinking)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
It isn't a fair system in which my booking is done & dusted by 11:06 without intro pricing, but an unsuccessful online booker got to pay 2 days later, after a retrospective review for intro pricing. I don't believe, the intro prices were only given to 25K vehicles. Remember, the press announcement on the booking day. Nearly, every T-BHPIAN that attempted an online booking got intro pricing later, confirms the reaction to a strong backlash.
It is only some odd 100-150 tech savvy people we are sampling in T-BHP. Yes many of us got converted from non-protected to price protected, but if I remember correctly, everyone visiting T-BHP thread, knew from day one that it is going to be fastest finger first. There are still many Indians who do not prefer to book online. My dealer SA called me a day before the booking, and asked me if I want them to book the car through them. I refused considering all the experiences of XUV700 booking, which were shared on T-BHP.

Also, going by the numbers in T-BHP and number of deliveries planned, I don't think more than 25k got price protected. M&M will still have to sanitize the booking queues as still many spurious bookings must be there and cancellations are bound to happen.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 6th September 2022 at 15:17.
Old 6th September 2022, 16:05   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Remember, the press announcement on the booking day. Nearly, every T-BHPIAN that attempted an online booking got intro pricing later, confirms the reaction to a strong backlash.
It could also be because people posting here are more aware of the need to book asap to get introductory pricing. If you go through the posts made during the booking day, almost everyone clicked the "Book Now" button right at 11:00. It is another thing that the customer portal's payment gateway crashed. The dealers had a separate portal where there was no such gateway. Hence no retrospective price protection for dealer bookings (because they never experienced any gateway error). Those bookings which were punched in first by the dealers got the price protection. Likewise, those online bookings where booking was initiated the earliest got the price protection.

My SA himself told me to try booking myself because I will only be making one booking while he will have a list of bookings to push through.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 18:28   #448

Z8L D MT 4*2 Black. Booked online, price protected with an estimated delivery between September 26 - October 11
Old 6th September 2022, 19:08   #449
BHPian

Dealer Sales manager called today. He confirmed as mentioned online that I will be getting in the first batch expected from 26th September. He mentioned that he is expecting vehicle allocation in next few days and asked me to get finances sorted. Yet to talk to Mahindra finance contact. This is the first formal call I got from dealer after the booking.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 6th September 2022 at 19:12.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 22:15   #450
BHPian

Order updated for my Z8L. Got a call from the dealer car will reach them in 10 days. Hopefully the delivery is smooth and the vehicle niggle free.
Planning to get it on Ram Navmi as i informed the dealer he said I could take it even before that.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-dda1da6b0f5c4725a9f6b53a108b5174.jpeg
kushgandhi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks