Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2022, 12:45   #586
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Here's the situation I am facing. The dealer promised me 26th as the delivery date. Believing the dealer, I went ahead and processed my loan and the loan was disbursed. Now when I got in touch with the dealer about the delivery dates, he told me that they have received only 5 vehicles that too the variants Z1, Z2. I had booked Z8 L Diesel MT 4X4, so I asked him when I will get my variant. He told that the vehicle is yet to be dispatched. But when I track my vehicle through auto.mahindra.com then it shows that the vehicle is on it's way. I pointed out this to my dealer and he told that this may not be accurate.
So if I don't get the delivery between 26th September to 11th October then I will be paying my EMI without having the vehicle.
I got in touch with the sales manager of the dealership, even he is not aware about the wheareabouts of the vehicle. What should I do now? I am totally frustrated by the way dealer is handling the things.
Golden rule: Never disperse the Loan get it approved but on D day simply call the manager to initiate the dispersement of loan.

While it is being done, you can highlight this to MnM customer care and on twitter along with relevant screenprints, pretty positive it would be addressed.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 12:59   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the situation I am facing. The dealer promised me 26th as the delivery date. Believing the dealer, I went ahead and processed my loan and the loan was disbursed. Now when I got in touch with the dealer about the delivery dates, he told me that they have received only 5 vehicles that too the variants Z1, Z2. I had booked Z8 L Diesel MT 4X4, so I asked him when I will get my variant. He told that the vehicle is yet to be dispatched. But when I track my vehicle through auto.mahindra.com then it shows that the vehicle is on it's way. I pointed out this to my dealer and he told that this may not be accurate.
So if I don't get the delivery between 26th September to 11th October then I will be paying my EMI without having the vehicle.
I got in touch with the sales manager of the dealership, even he is not aware about the wheareabouts of the vehicle. What should I do now? I am totally frustrated by the way dealer is handling the things.
Something is not adding up here. I am not sure if Z1 and Z2 are produced as the focus has been mostly on Z8L. Ideally, you should have checked for VIN number (& PDI) before giving a go-ahead for the disbursement.

Since the dealer has promised a delivery on 26th Sep and just to rule out any foul play, have a conversation with dealer if he will take care of the marginal difference on taxes due to increased pricing (expect on 09/25). Though this is beyond dealer's control, his reaction at least could help you rule out any foul play.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 13:26   #588
BHPian

@iskandariya I am currently doing what you have mentioned. Trying to get hold of the customer care on twitter.

@atluri_rkc I did check the VIN number. The dealer had forwarded me the VIN and & Chasis number.

I decoded the VIN and this is what I got:

N = 2022
H = August
4 = 4WD

BTW my booking comes with PP.

I am trying to reach out Mahindra on their twitter handle. Lets see how they respond.
Old 20th September 2022, 13:49   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Now when I got in touch with the dealer about the delivery dates, he told me that they have received only 5 vehicles that too the variants Z1, Z2.
Ask him when did MnM launch Z1?
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 13:50   #590
BANNED

Quote:
I decoded the VIN and this is what I got.
Who gave you the VIN for your vehicle? Your post is a bit confusing as on one hand you say neither you nor dealership has any idea where your ScorpioN is and on the other hand you mention you have VIN
Old 20th September 2022, 13:51   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Ask him when did MnM launch Z1?
I am going to confront the dealer direcly. Planning a visit in the evening.
Old 20th September 2022, 14:06   #592
BHPian

Quote:
The same thing happened with me. They started the loan approval process and wanted me to come and sign the agreement. I told them that I am not signing any agreement unless I have checked the car. They provided me the VIN number that shows the manufacturing to Sep 2022. I asked them to inform me when the vehicle reached their stockyard. Only after that I will sign the agreement. My delivery date range is informed by M&M is 2oct-17oct.
AtulC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 14:11   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post
Who gave you the VIN for your vehicle? Your post is a bit confusing as on one hand you say neither you nor dealership has any idea where your ScorpioN is and on the other hand you mention you have VIN
The dealer gave me the VIN. The dealer is saying that they have received 5 vehicles that is of Z1 & Z2, and I am not satisfied with that answer. The sales manager is saying that the vehicle is yet to be dispatched. The sales executive says he is not aware about the whereabouts of the vehicle. But when I look online, the status is "On its way". There's too much of confusion going on. If dealer knows how many vehicles are coming this month then they should be having the information ready in hand right?
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 14:45   #594
BHPian

Quote:
my loan and the loan was disbursed.
Really a tricky situation you are landed in. I must say dealer is taking you for a ride for sure.

1. There is no Z1, even Z2 are produced in very low numbers, so getting these high numbers by one dealership is improbable if not impossible.
2. They have got your money and it seems they are least interested in serving you now and pushing other customers for their loan disbursement by showing the vin of dispatched cars. Sorry but this is how full dealership ecosystem works (Although there are few good ones as well)- manipulate people and take advantage of situation in sales/service/accessories/insurance/RSA/PUC/value added services etc.
3. The status in the online order could not be wrong (could be delayed though). So your vehicle might have reached dealership already IMHO

Please contact Mahindra and Mahindra customer care and twitter immediately. You can tag Mahindra higher up+ Anand Mahindra in that.

Once i tagged Mr. Anand Mahindra in twitter and got the resolution within 2 days for a slightly different topic though.

Last edited by UD17 : 20th September 2022 at 14:47.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 15:12   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post

Please contact Mahindra and Mahindra customer care and twitter immediately. You can tag Mahindra higher up+ Anand Mahindra in that.

Once i tagged Mr. Anand Mahindra in twitter and got the resolution within 2 days for a slightly different topic though.
I have already tweeted the customer care. Will tag Mr. Anand Mahindra as well. Thank you.
Old 20th September 2022, 15:45   #596
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer gave me the VIN. The dealer is saying that they have received 5 vehicles that is of Z1 & Z2, and I am not satisfied with that answer. The sales manager is saying that the vehicle is yet to be dispatched. The sales executive says he is not aware about the whereabouts of the vehicle. But when I look online, the status is "On its way".
Have you provided Documents for KYC if yes , use the Ardenox App to track the Vehicle.
Old 20th September 2022, 15:49   #597

Quote:
Now when I got in touch with the dealer about the delivery dates, he told me that they have received only 5 vehicles that too the variants Z1, Z2. I had booked Z8 L Diesel MT 4X4, so I asked him when I will get my variant. He told that the vehicle is yet to be dispatched. But when I track my vehicle through auto.mahindra.com then it shows that the vehicle is on it's way. I pointed out this to my dealer and he told that this may not be accurate.
Who is your dealer in Bangalore? I had been to SKS stock yard and they have Z8L's. Mahindra customer care should be able to tell if your vehicle is dispatched and even in fact if it has reached the stockyard. Hope your issue gets resolved soon.
Old 20th September 2022, 15:54   #598
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer gave me the VIN. The dealer is saying that they have received 5 vehicles that is of Z1 & Z2, and I am not satisfied with that answer. The sales manager is saying that the vehicle is yet to be dispatched. The sales executive says he is not aware about the whereabouts of the vehicle. But when I look online, the status is "On its way". There's too much of confusion going on. If dealer knows how many vehicles are coming this month then they should be having the information ready in hand right?
Which dealer is this, my dealer, India Garage, Whitefield is following a similar modus operandi.
Though i have not intitiated the loan process, as i am skeptical about the car not having reached the dealer
Old 20th September 2022, 15:58   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance_nut View Post
Which dealer is this, my dealer, India Garage, Whitefield is following a similar modus operandi.
Though i have not intitiated the loan process, as i am skeptical about the car not having reached the dealer
The dealer is SKS Mahindra located in Salem. Don't initiate the loan process until you are absolutely right about the car is with the dealership. These dealers are playing with the customers.
Old 20th September 2022, 16:47   #600
BHPian

I spoke to my bank car loan executive. He told me that, the dealership were calling him continously for disbursement of the fund. The dealer even told him that the car is ready. They called him so many times that he trusted the dealer. And he reached out to me for the final confirmation. I gave a nod and the fund was disbursed. Please note, the car dealership calling the loan agent continously to disburse the loan. Something fishy I suppose. Why the car dealership needs to call my bank's loan executive and put pressure on him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks