Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 19:34   #721
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
The total is about 18000/-
Here is a link to the illuminated Scuff plates on M2mall:
https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...-variants.html

Some of these accessories will be available next week so will go to the dealers to get them fixed. I haven't seen the bumper corner protectors in real life either. But in the images it looks decent. They are black in color and I am hoping they will diffuse with my black color car.
Thanks for sharing the link..the corner protectors fo look good.

i asked about quote from tata for insurance..
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 19:54   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Thanks for sharing the link..the corner protectors fo look good.

i asked about quote from tata for insurance..
Sorry, I should have discussed the quote from Tata. Missed that.

I have a quote of 83500/- for Z8 L AT 4X4 - GJ01 Registration
They have different categories and I opted for Sapphire++

This includes:
a) Key Replacement
b) Tyre Secure
c) Engine Secure
d) Return to Invoice
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 20:12   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Is anyone from Bangalore facing issues in registration ? My dealer is saying the vahan portal is down since yesterday for paying road tax. I am finding is quiet absurd and hard to believe.

Thanks!
Not sure of Bangalore but in Mangalore it seems there is an issue. I got a two wheeler delivery for my firm on last Friday but the road tax is yet to be paid. Dealer said its under process and hopefully will be resolved by tomorrow (i.e 29 September)
prjmend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 22:48   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Is anyone from Bangalore facing issues in registration ? My dealer is saying the vahan portal is down since yesterday for paying road tax. I am finding is quiet absurd and hard to believe.

Thanks!
Same with me Bangalore KA-53 registration , dealer has spent 3 days now trying to get the vehicle registered. Keeps saying Vahan portal has intermittent issues. Not sure how much true that is
Old 28th September 2022, 23:09   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
Same with me Bangalore KA-53 registration , dealer has spent 3 days now trying to get the vehicle registered. Keeps saying Vahan portal has intermittent issues. Not sure how much true that is
My dealer in Mumbai too faced same issues. I believe the road tax issue is tied to a/few variant(s). Mine was Z8L 4WD AT.

After waiting for 2 days, I escalated and took the delivery today as I didn’t want the billed vehicle lying at dealer premises for long. There was another vehicle delivered today at the same dealership and it had registration. Basis this and the feedback from dealer, I believe the issue is applicable for few variants. I am talking to customer care and regional sales team to ensure there is no intentional delay in paying the road tax and completing the registration.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 23:09   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I should have discussed the quote from Tata. Missed that.

I have a quote of 83500/- for Z8 L AT 4X4 - GJ01 Registration
They have different categories and I opted for Sapphire++

This includes:
a) Key Replacement
b) Tyre Secure
c) Engine Secure
d) Return to Invoice
This is a nice price and coverage. I think Mahindra also has tie up with Tata AIG so claims would not be an issue. My SA told me they have tie up with Tata, HDFC Ergo, Edelweiss. HDFC gave an online quote for 90k with above coverage, zero dep, NCB Protection and personal accident cover for 3 passengers.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 23:14   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
This is a nice price and coverage. I think Mahindra also has tie up with Tata AIG so claims would not be an issue. My SA told me they have tie up with Tata, HDFC Ergo, Edelweiss. HDFC gave an online quote for 90k with above coverage, zero dep, NCB Protection and personal accident cover for 3 passengers.
Hello, I took all of these add-ons ( return to invoice , zero dep , tyre protection , engine protection etc) with regular coverage from Royal Sundaram for 72k , their initial quote was 82k and after 2 weeks of negotiations they closed at 72k. Happy to share details if required.
NerDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 23:17   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
My dealer in Mumbai too faced same issues. I believe the road tax issue is tied to a/few variant(s). Mine was Z8L 4WD AT.

After waiting for 2 days, I escalated and took the delivery today as I didn’t want the billed vehicle lying at dealer premises for long. There was another vehicle delivered today at the same dealership and it had registration. Basis this and the feedback from dealer, I believe the issue is applicable for few variants. I am talking to customer care and regional sales team to ensure there is no intentional delay in paying the road tax and completing the registration.
My dealer did say the issue is intermittent so maybe some registrations are going through and some are not, not too sure though. I’ll probably have to do what you did and take the delivery without the registration for now. Laidback attitude from the dealer just adds on to the frustration. Clears a sellers market.. really want this to change soon.
Old 29th September 2022, 09:29   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Exactly my observation as well, even i am 6ft.
Had the same observation on particularly my 2nd test drive when i took a inner route and had to look around corners.

I did not adjust the height at that moment as i was comfortable with everything else except this visibility part.

Let us know if moving the seat down helps.
Yes, the seat was at the highest position. When I lowered it, the rearview mirror was normal. However, I decided that I liked the high position better than the lowered one . I also realized that in the last couple of days, I got used to the position of the rearview mirror!
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 09:38   #730
BHPian

Now it's time to get the permanent registration done. This is the document that you should get from the dealer. I'm just pasting the text here... You have ONE Month to do the permanent registration after which a late fee will be applicable.

You will have to chase the dealer for all the documents. I still haven't received my invoice. He said he will give it in two days' time.

Please check that you have received the following documents from the dealer:

1. Form 20 (Will be given in duplicate if the vehicle is covered by finance)
2. Form 21(signed by the dealer)
3. Form 22 ( given by the vehicle manufacturer duly facsimiled)
4. Life Tax receipt
5. Temporary Registration Certificate
6. Invoice from the Dealer
7. Insurance copy ( wherever applicable)

PERMANENT REGISTRATION :
Permanent registration can be done only at the respective RTO office. Please remember you can register your vehicle at the RTO office having jurisdiction on either your place of residence or business
No requests for data transfer will be entertained
The registration process is very simple. You will have to bring your vehicle personally along with the above 7 documents with an original copy of address proof (phone bill, electricity bill, passport, voters id card,
ration card, bank statement, LIC) and PAN card in case of light Motor Vehicle and get it inspected by the MVI.

You or your authorized signatory (In the case of company) will have to personally sign in on the computer of the Transport Department.

The RC book will be dispatched to you by speed post.

Fees and Service Charges paid to the Transport Department :
Payment made
1. Registration Fee Rs. 600.00
2. Smart Card Fee Rs. 200.00
3. Service Charge Rs. 400.00
4. Postal Charge Rs. 35.00
Total Rs. 1235

You may be liable to differential life tax depending on the number of vehicles registered in your name.

Important :-
Kindly be advised that there is no need to approach the dealer or any unauthorized agent to assist you in registration, it is very simple; just experience the warmth of the services by the Transport Department. For knowing more details visit us at www.transport.telangana.gov.in

Please bring your vehicle with valid documents.
chipsnchops is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 09:45   #731
BHPian

Quote:
The total is about 18000/-
Here is a link to the illuminated Scuff plates on M2mall:
https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...-variants.html

Some of these accessories will be available next week so will go to the dealers to get them fixed. I haven't seen the bumper corner protectors in real life either. But in the images it looks decent. They are black in color and I am hoping they will diffuse with my black color car.
I have put bumper corner protectors and they dont take away anything from the car. Mine is Deep Forest, but the black protectors merge well with the bumpers. You can see it in this picture. Hope this helps!

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-bumper-corner-protector.jpeg
chipsnchops is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 10:01   #732

Hi all,
I have a dilemma and need your opinions. Thanks in advance!

My Z8 Petrol 7 str AT Napoli Black is price protected but scheduled for delivery in May-Jun 2023 (as per the tracking details on M&M's portal).
Since this hasnt been moving and I was very disappointed with the timelines, I met my SA yesterday who offered to transfer a canceled booking of Z8L Petrol 7 str MT Napoli Black. The difference isnt much between the two variants as the Luxury is offsetting the Manual Transmission. Since my city driving is very limited and the gears seem smooth enough, I dont mind MT and should get the attractive ROI from Mahindra Finance at 6.99% - lower than my current home loan! But, it will cancel my price protection which seems a big risk in case the dealer is playing some dirty tactic to get more money.

Moreover, the dealer is asking to pay by end of Sep citing that the price is going to increase, if I want to keep the existing pricing (which is still at introductory level and yet to increase).

Do you find it fishy in anyway? What details should I seek from the dealer to minimize risks, if any.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th September 2022 at 21:20. Reason: SMS Lingo
Old 29th September 2022, 10:11   #733
Senior - BHPian

Well, what I am saying is debatable but let me share it nevertheless. A company taking cash as advance and not committing to the product delivery dates warrants for a good PIL. First, you take an advance, then you do not commit on a delivery date, even the product description is not agreed upon except for the name of it and there is no price protection or locking. The customers are being taken for a ride with these artificial (read hyped) products. You are holding cash worth crores from the customers and there is no product available. You either need to clarify dates, details and lock prices or pay a nominal interest to the customers who made advances or have to make things very clear right at the booking time and give it in writing.

I think the automotive industry will soon go the real estate way. Until RERA wasn't around, the builders took the customers for a ride. No big name was sufficient to induce confidence. You saw big big names default deliveries and simply run away with lakhs of crores. Now, all builders have to register and get a RERA no. A certain portion (70% in TS) of the total valuation of the property has to be deposited in a bank account and cannot be withdrawn unless for construction purpose. Coming to the auto industry, the govt. has to come up with some kind of regulations. This circus cannot continue, makes no sense to anyone. The company is liable to make a delivery after taking a cash payment, it's that simple. It needs to give out details well before hand and take the customer into confidence before accepting an advance. In case of failure to deliver on time or not deliver at all, the company should be penalized in a certain way. That is when this entire process will be streamlined.

Now some may argue that with this method what about cancellation of bookings? There can be a standard deduction to that as well. When the process runs for a few years, it will be easy to project cancellations with data. The company needs to plan inventory, supply and project demand. It's not the other way round where a company takes money and then plan on manufacturing a product. It doesn't serve a good purpose.

Last edited by Raghu M : 29th September 2022 at 10:12.
Raghu M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 10:59   #734
BHPian

Picked up my uncle's Black Scorpio-N Z8L Petrol AT yesterday. Overall experience at Mahindra showroom in Panjagutta Hyderabad was quite good.
Old 29th September 2022, 11:24   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
...This circus cannot continue...
IMHO, this is much ado about nothing. Booking amount is generally a fraction of the invoice amount and no one pays the full price in advance.

Don't like the pricing tactics and the waiting period of a car, buy a different car.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks