Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 12:07   #811

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
Delivery for my Z4 4WD is scheduled for 11 nov - 11 dec. Tracking still shows same. I have been in regular touch with my dealership and they do not have update so far.
I am constantly checking YouTube to see Z4 in real however no videos so far.

Have anyone heard something from the dealership on their Z4?
Not only about the lower variants, even Z8 variant which is immediately next variant to Z8L is not even produced.

Things which make me nervous is about steel wheels in Z8 D MT variant, instead of alloy wheels of Z8L. Because steel wheels are heavy and rigid as compared to alloy wheels and having said that, it directly impacts ride quality, handling and overall dynamics of the car. Mahindra don't even bother to produce some TD vehicles so that customers can at least experience the difference between top variant and other variants. Mahindra want us to play blind game of Rs.20L.

After 3 months of booking, I don't know how my booked vehicle's infotainment system sounds because Z8 comes with non-Sony sound system. I am not sure about vehicle's dynamics because of Steel wheels.

Also, Mahindra during their marketing campaign didn't inform us that the production of other variants will happen only in the next year. They just said that they will prioritize Z8L variants, but this is not prioritization, this is rather exclusion where you completely ignore all other variants contained in your brochure.
er_sb_blogs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 18:59   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by er_sb_blogs View Post
Not only about the lower variants, even Z8 variant which is immediately next variant to Z8L is not even produced.

Things which make me nervous is about steel wheels in Z8 D MT variant, instead of alloy wheels of Z8L. Because steel wheels are heavy and rigid as compared to alloy wheels and having said that, it directly impacts ride quality, handling and overall dynamics of the car. Mahindra don't even bother to produce some TD vehicles so that customers can at least experience the difference between top variant and other variants. Mahindra want us to play blind game of Rs.20L.

After 3 months of booking, I don't know how my booked vehicle's infotainment system sounds because Z8 comes with non-Sony sound system. I am not sure about vehicle's dynamics because of Steel wheels.

Also, Mahindra during their marketing campaign didn't inform us that the production of other variants will happen only in the next year. They just said that they will prioritize Z8L variants, but this is not prioritization, this is rather exclusion where you completely ignore all other variants contained in your brochure.
For various reasons and few short comings I booked and got delivery of Safari XZA+ , while my Z8 4x4 AT booking is still present for Aug'22
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 01:22   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
For various reasons and few short comings I booked and got delivery of Safari XZA+ , while my Z8 4x4 AT booking is still present for Aug'22
Can you please enlist the reasons and short comings of ScorpioN. Also the thought process of getting a Safari over ScorpioN.
Old 21st October 2022, 09:46   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsMedicine View Post
Can you please enlist the reasons and short comings of ScorpioN. Also the thought process of getting a Safari over ScorpioN.
Sure, just a pretext I also own a Gurkha Xtreme 2.2 which also played a major role in decision making. Additionally all points below are personal choice, let us not get into a debate over what I say here.

1) Mahindra dealership experience was sub par even Maruti Arena Dealer attends you better.
Tata chaps were warm every-time.

Once went on a Weekend to Mahindra they were simply Cold we don't have staff and cannot showcase. Have you booked and Have you booked it to this Dealership. Irrespective of the Fact I am purchasing from you or any other Dealer you cannot deny Service. Tata's went to two different dealerships same warmth.

1 a) Even with reference I could not see much happening in the attitude of Mahindra.
Tata's lead management is slightly better than Mahindra.

1 b) Mahindra's don't provide Test drive to home; no matter how much you are loaded or how many bookings you have I would prefer a Test Drive in my route and preferably in my Terrain.

Additionally Test Drive at Home allows those members of the Family also to see and experience the Car who under normal circumstances won't be traveling to the Dealership (eg. Elders).

Also it allows you to experience the Car dimension wise in your driveway also.

Tata's obliged happily.

And I am no influencer, no youtuber.

2) Booking to Waiting period - GAP seems un realistic. Like I posted somewhere 2 Year old Product 2 Years Late. Tata's max is 5 Weeks and you get the Vehicle direct from Factory most probably same month / under 30 Days manufacturing.

Asking people to book without seeing or Test Drives works well as a testimony to the PR Adfactor team but not with people like me.
Mine was a 4x4 the Dealer was not capable of giving me a Test Drive on the 4x4 track or on a route of my choice.

Mahindra's notorious nature to Change features while people wait for vehicles.

3) Coffee Black interiors somehow did not sit well with me especially the Plastic also colored in same manner. All black would have been better my exterior color was black.

Safari White interiors are also not to my liking given Indian conditions same with XUV700 (long list of not opting for it; though other Mahindra dealer in city has ready stock).

But then what Tata does is it provides you Variants and then Variations; I always loved Black Cars but had a grudge that their interior roof is always grey or beige. Well in Tata's dark Edition even the roof buttons on roof everything in Black which I liked.

4) Seat Texture and finish especially of Head rest in ScorpioN did not sit well with me. Loved the Seats in Safari

5) Even though in IT not a fan of connected Tech. Adrenox, takes steps in a domain which makes me uncomfortable. Tata's IRA is not that intrusive and they also provide Bluetooth based app ConnectNext for most of the functions on IRA except Jio Fence and tracking of car.

6) Digital Analog Display with Casting function.
I prefer analog Dials over Digital in Safari at-least my Speed tacho is Analogue. The Digital Section provides good Casting function which also sends the Directions Casting onto the screen and not the full map.

I however need to get my hands on the Code or person coding the Tata Headunit UI as they have used same XT code on XZ unit which fails to utilise the full screen and uses XT variant dimensions for Android Auto and Apple Car Play; simple Update would solve it with Auto Scaling enabled.

7) Wireless Android Auto and Car play - WORKS

8) 6 Seater Option with superb 2nd row Captain Seats.
Which also have Ventilation function.

9) Sunroof - Fit and Finish .. Exposed Speakers big no no for me. I have a Kid who will grow with Age.
Strictly against Kids poping out of Sunroof.

10) ScorpioN Z8 AT was 4wd variant while Tata Safari is XZA+
Believe me I even went and checked the possibility of adding drive to rear as it uses Hyundai Tuscon GB matted to Jeep Fiat Engine. - Sweet Dreams cost nothing right.

Eventually made peace with an MUV (No 4x4 means it isn't a SUV) instead of a SUV as Gurkha will be further invested upon for Himachal Duties (with Family).

11) No I did not upshift from Z8 to Z8L and yes bought 3L appx expensive Safari XZA+. Z8 to Z8L seemed like Mahindra being dominant.

Had they provided Z4 AT 4x4 I would have never dreamt of Z8 4WD bracket and thanks to their Z8 delayed happy with my decision, So is the family.
iskandariya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 10:18   #815
BHPian

Yesterday I got a call from the service center that they are recalling the cars for software update. And today they sent a driver to take the vehicle. They have recalled the vehicle for body mountings bolt retorquing & 2nd row 40p seat repair.

I am don't understand about body mountings bold retorquing and what is 40 p seat repair. Has other received the same kind of recall of their vehicles.?
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20221021-10.28.11.jpeg  

Last edited by sabsubs : 21st October 2022 at 10:34.
Old 23rd October 2022, 13:08   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post

5) Even though in IT not a fan of connected Tech. Adrenox, takes steps in a domain which makes me uncomfortable. Tata's IRA is not that intrusive and they also provide Bluetooth based app ConnectNext for most of the functions on IRA except Jio Fence and tracking of car.
Is there a way to disable Adrenox and still continue to use the Scorpio-N? What features does one loose out?

Last edited by krinpit : 23rd October 2022 at 13:08. Reason: Grammer
Old 23rd October 2022, 15:17   #817
BHPian

My 2 babies in one frame. ScorpioN 1000KM review coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-20221023_121215.jpeg  

AtulC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 20:11   #818

Hi Team, Yesterday I received a call from dealership asking if I am interested to switch my version of Scorpio N from Petrol to Diesel. I was initially excited and considering the waiting period of my booking, I assented. Later I received another call asking me to send a mail to change the ownership from Corporate to Individual. I raised a question if the vehicle was already registered under someone else's name and later being transferred to me, for which the SA answered it is just booking and not ownership being transferred. I am absolutely unsure if I am thinking way too deep, but are there any precautionary measures that I need to take, apart from the PDI? Please pour in your thoughts.
Old 23rd October 2022, 22:39   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang2227 View Post
Hi Team, Yesterday I received a call from dealership asking if I am interested to switch my version of Scorpio N from Petrol to Diesel. I was initially excited and considering the waiting period of my booking, I assented. Later I received another call asking me to send a mail to change the ownership from Corporate to Individual. I raised a question if the vehicle was already registered under someone else's name and later being transferred to me, for which the SA answered it is just booking and not ownership being transferred. I am absolutely unsure if I am thinking way too deep, but are there any precautionary measures that I need to take, apart from the PDI? Please pour in your thoughts.
Take it in written from them; as you would be providing in written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Is there a way to disable Adrenox and still continue to use the Scorpio-N? What features does one loose out?
Don't pay for their subscription and if you don't want it from start tell the service advisor not to perform your (e)KYC for the eSIM.

Geo Fencing (my mobile earlier had auto corrected this to Jio ) | What 3 words | Maps in case or Adrenox which they have as it is removed in new Thar | Any Command which goes to Server and then comes back to your Vehicle. Think of it as it Your have alexa device and the internet in your house is not working. What all can it do; same limitation.

Not sure whether Mahindra system connects to Hotspot internet and is able to perform all the functions. If so then Adrenox becomes more or less less fruitful. Also if there is a Bluetooth App then again half of your functions can be used via it.
iskandariya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 13:53   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
Have anyone heard something from the dealership on their Z4?
Hello unpopulrxplorer, it is indeed very frustrating that there hasn't been any further update on Z4 models. Yours and Dragonheart22 are the first Z4s scheduled according to the list prepared by TheARUN.

Mine is scheduled 11 Dec - 10 Jan. Please let us know if you get any update.
Old 25th October 2022, 22:06   #821
BHPian

Some Z8Ls booked last month have had their deliveries moved up. A few people have received SMS in this regard. No update on any other variant though!
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221025_220502_samsung-internet.jpg  

Old 27th October 2022, 12:27   #822

Guys, what are your thoughts on the extended warranty for additional 2 years?
I have been given a quote of 23598/- for 1 year and 44838/- for 2 years.
ameyagaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 22:28   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyagaje View Post
Guys, what are your thoughts on the extended warranty for additional 2 years?
I have been given a quote of 23598/- for 1 year and 44838/- for 2 years.
Go ahead and extend without a thought. Though you still have time to extend the warranty. Refer attached warranty doc from Mahindra.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Extended Warranty.pdf (206.8 KB, 282 views)
Old 29th October 2022, 21:40   #824

Has the Wireless charger been omitted from the Z8L petrol option? My SA mentioned that it’s only present in 4Xplore variant now? Could fellow readers confirm this development?
Old 30th October 2022, 13:34   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaivir View Post
Has the Wireless charger been omitted from the Z8L petrol option? My SA mentioned that it’s only present in 4Xplore variant now? Could fellow readers confirm this development?
It isn't there in the Z8L AT Diesel too, it was always promised only in the 4Xplore version, I don't get the logic though. If anyone finds an accessory that fits in like the OEM wireless charger, would be keen to install it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks