Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 18:12   #946
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post

The dealership quotation is attached herewith.
What is included in the accessories kit worth Rs. 25,000/- ? Also, is it mandatory? Can we pick and choose if the dealer is pushing for it?

Last edited by greenoval : 8th December 2022 at 18:13.
Old 8th December 2022, 23:00   #947
BHPian

As per the pricelist shared by my SA today, Z2 and Z4 (MT) versions seem to be 50K costlier than what it was earlier.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:20   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Here is the link to the Facebook page of ScorpioN Owners' Group

Here are the images from the Facebook page:

Sorry for the quality. They are screencaps from Facebook app.

Thanks.

Overall looks and features are equipped as expected. I always feel more comfortable with fabric seats.

Panel gaps are uneven I did not like the way some plastic trims on door, dash or central console meet. Hope Mahindra corrects these. I am also hoping Z6 to be much better than Z4 as they got plenty of feedback and opportunities to improve before assembly begins.
Old 12th December 2022, 17:05   #949
BHPian

Quote:
What should be the Motor Insurance with RTI and Engine protect (fully loaded insurance) for the Z4 D AT variant for Gurgaon location (either HR26 or HR98 registration)? Please forward me some references. I have tried with ICICI Lombard, Bajaj Allianz, Tata AIG, HDFC Ergo through online. But I couldn't get the quote for unregistered new vehicle.

The dealership quotation is attached herewith.
Same dealership has quoted me Rs 77k for insurance for my Petrol Z4 AT. Yet to find out what they have included. Will discuss with them closer to vehicle arrival. Also, they only have alloys and mats as accessories. No reverse camera or fog light yet.
Old 12th December 2022, 17:42   #950
BHPian

Scorpio N gets 5 star in GNCAP as per news reports of car and bike. Is it true?
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:19   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Scorpio N gets 5 star in GNCAP as per news reports of car and bike. Is it true?
Yes, Please check the other thread (Review) for all the details and the associated discussion
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 00:57   #952
BHPian

Hi All,

Today, I had a rather unpleasant experience regarding my booking for the ScorpioN Z4 D AT. As I had mentioned before, I had received a call from them confirming that the vehicle would be delivered in December itself.

Today afternoon, my SA called and told me that the factory had billed the vehicle and it was ready for dispatch. So good so far. Then he made a ridiculous demand, that I should pay the full OTR pricing in advance, and that the vehicle would be shipped from the factory only after the full OTR price was received by the dealer. My immediate reply was to laugh and say "Angane oru erpad illa ketto", which basically means, "That's not how I/we do things". I said that I was closely following the delivery of vehicles on various online forums since they started, and I had seen no such practice anywhere.

The SA insisted that this was a requirement for XUV700 and ScorpioN. I disagreed and said that I'd call him back after consulting with M&M customer care. I called customer care and explained the issue to them. They agreed that the dealer's actions weren't right and asked me to confirm the issue with their senior officials and call a separate number if the issue was not resolved.

Shortly after, I received an email from the dealer, asking me to confirm the delivery by 13th Dec, and to make the payment of full ex-showroom price by 20th, failing which they would re-allot the vehicle to the next customer in line! I immediately called the second Toll-free number given by Mahindra customer care and reported the issue.

They shared the contact details of the GM-Sales of the dealership and asked me to discuss the issue with him and call back again if there was no solution. Unfortunately, the number was that of their GM-Service, who promised to take up the issue with the GM-Sales and have them call me back. This didn't happen, however, and I called Customer Care again, who apologised and gave me the correct contact details.

After many tries, I was finally able to get in touch with the GM-Sales, who said pretty much the same thing. Full ex-showroom price was to be paid in advance before they would give the go ahead to Mahindra to ship the car. He then asked how much time I would need to arrange the amount. I said that I would need at least a week. He then says that they would 'hold' the vehicle until 20th, and that's basically how the conversation ended. I sent them an email confirming the intent to purchase, and they have copied me on some internal mail, with the GM asking someone to hold the car until 20th.

I am planning on reporting the whole thing to Mahindra customer care and confirming their stance on this. It doesn't seem fair to ask the customer to pay such a huge amount in advance, especially as I would be paying interest on the amount, even before the vehicle has been shipped from the factory. I have half a mind to drop the idea altogether, after such a sour experience.

Last edited by vivekgk : 13th December 2022 at 01:00.
vivekgk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 07:46   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Hi All,
Today afternoon, my SA called and told me that the factory had billed the vehicle and it was ready for dispatch. So good so far. Then he made a ridiculous demand, that I should pay the full OTR pricing in advance, and that the vehicle would be shipped from the factory only after the full OTR price was received by the dealer. My immediate reply was to laugh and say "Angane oru erpad illa ketto"
I assume that the the dealer must be SS Mahindra / Sleeba Sons. I have a delivery originally scheduled for late 2023 and have been receiving multiple calls from the said dealership, asking whether I would be interested in an advance delivery from the lot that they are about to receive. Have declined the offer since their conversations didn't appear honest. The previous dealer TVS, was much easier to interact with. Now I feel like cancelling my booking with Sleeba Sons and go to the new dealer near enjakkal, CBC Mahindra or something like that, even if it means a few more months of delay.

Do keep us updated.
crdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 08:09   #954
BHPian

If all these are happening before even seeing and receiving the Scorpio N, I am trying to imagine what all nightmares are waiting for us, the customers, for the after sales services. And we are thinking about long term holding of Mahindra cars!

These are the reasons why Maruti Suzuki is still at number one position despite of manufacturing not so great cars.

Something similar treatment I am getting from my dealership. They came to know that at present I am out of India and will come back by this weekend. And they are trying armtwisting tactics for the entire payment to be made for billing confirmation from Mahindra manufacturing plant.

Mahindra and Mahindra showing their real face now, to the budget oriented customers opting for the lower variants knowing these fellows are not that much influential and can't do anything except expressing their frustration on social media platforms. This doesn't harm the hype anyway.
Old 13th December 2022, 09:30   #955
BHPian

Luckily for me the dealer Dee Emm Gurgaon hasn't made any such demands. They told me that the car would arrive after 15 days and that I will need to make the payment then (even though car is already billed to them). If they press for payment I intend to pay 1% of the payment upfront and the rest after PDI. No way am I paying the full amount without seeing the car in person.
Old 13th December 2022, 11:50   #956
BHPian

My Scorpio N booking status changed to "Cancellation Initiated" today. I did not initiate or request any cancellation.

No proper response from Mahindra. Called customer care and they asked to send a mail with screen shot. Received a routine response that they'll look into it.

Called dealer and they have no clue. They said it is still active in their list and they'll update me if there is anything.
Old 13th December 2022, 12:37   #957
BHPian

Remember fake bookings were made by dealers themselves on behalf of just the enquiries? I was one of them and now keep receiving calls from the dealer that I had booked the Scorpio-N. I have to keep on telling that I had just enquired and not booked. Probably they haven't transferred the booking to someone else yet or their databases are not in sync.
Old 13th December 2022, 12:55   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeringWheel View Post
My Scorpio N booking status changed to "Cancellation Initiated" today. I did not initiate or request any cancellation.

No proper response from Mahindra. Called customer care and they asked to send a mail with screen shot. Received a routine response that they'll look into it.

Called dealer and they have no clue. They said it is still active in their list and they'll update me if there is anything.
The Z8L variant is readily available with most dealers and M&M has some in their factory too (information from my dealer who was ready to deliver a Z8L from the factory instead of their own stock yard). However, its not an easy variant to push considering the price. But with the lower variants, dealers have customers lined up ready to pay a premium/not haggle on insurance, accessories et al. On my recent visit to the showroom, I had one such eager customer giving me his phone number, in case I decide to cancel my booking. When I told him that the process is online and the booking gets allotted to the next in queue, he replied with a smirk that he had already made arrangements with the dealer.

With the tracking offline, demand and the restricted supply, currently, dealers have an upper hand when it comes to delivery of lower variants. Considering how unscrupulous most are, we can expect some unreasonable and unfair pre-conditions/ demands (no PDI possible, full advance etc.) before the car is delivered.
greenoval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 21:31   #959
BHPian

So today I received a call from the Mahindra Showroom for the first time after booking the vehicle. My booking was for Z8 4x4 AT, and it is scheduled for delivery in Feb end 2023.

As expected, he was trying to upsell Z8L 4x4 AT and was insisting on a response within 3 hours. I let it pass.

Now it is obvious that M&M are trying hard to upsell their top model desperately.
Old 13th December 2022, 22:42   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeringWheel View Post

After tweets/mails, someone from dealership called and asked me to make a fresh booking offline at the dealership. Since the booking is still active in their system, she says the same booking will continue if I make a fresh booking(meaningless). A new booking will obviously put me at the end of queue and I'll also loose introductory pricing. Online tracking shows the cancellation is in process and dealership says it is active. I think the dealership database is not yet reflecting the Mahindra database.

Dealership(VVC motors, Hyderabad) says they are clueless about how the booking is cancelled but they'll prioritize my delivery if I make a fresh booking. Looks like they will try to arrange a vehicle from cancelled deliveries to avoid escalation.

Meanwhile Mahindras social media team called and said they will forward the case to booking support and asked me not to make any fresh booking and assured their booking support will reach out to me.

In the evening I got an sms informing me of new booking. Now there is an additional booking in my name with a new booking ID with "prices at the time of delivery". I do not have any info of this booking. Old booking continues with the same "cancellation initiated" status. I have no idea of who initiated the cancellation and who made the new booking.

With neither Mahindra nor dealership giving me a clear picture, I'm loosing interest in the vehicle. Both Mahindra and dealership only seem to be trying to avoid negative feedback without giving any proper information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks