Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2023, 19:06   #1051
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdreamIdo View Post
Hi Shiva, can you please elaborate more on "it's not worth the money and wait time", i have been waiting for my Z8 AT petrol and did not find any other competing vehicle with similar feature in that price range. (Safari goes up to 29L and Carens does not have that driving feel to it)

Would appreciate your response as it would help many people like me to move forward.

Thanks.
I think the Scorpio is overpriced by 2-3L(most cars nowadays are!). Try as much as I could, I did not find a comfortable seating position. My left leg kept fouling with the dashboard and the driver seat ran out of adjustment when I tried to push it back to avoid this. The space inside is less considering the size of the vehicle. I did not like the quality of the interiors, probably because I was comparing it with my current cars, a Jetta and F30 320D. There were some inconsistency in built quality (panel gaps not being uniform). The engine was super refined (my BMW was no match, better than even the XUV700 I felt), handling was not to my liking but then its an SUV. My friend mentioned that it's leagues ahead of the older Scorpio. Like I said, its just my opinion and I am comparing it to the "cars" I own. If you like it, go ahead and buy it, since most cars are overpriced anyways and there is no competition to the Scorpio as mentioned by Kosfactor.
shivasuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 19:51   #1052

At last I was able to test drive the Scorpio-N yesterday. Two guys had come from the showroom. We were 4 adults + 1 kid. We pretty much loaded the vehicle fully. It was a short drive of 5-6 kms. Listing out few things which I noted when driving.

The good things:
  • The moment I sat in the driver's seat, the dead pedal fell in place. Like almost making sure that I don't search around for a clutch (which happens a lot with me as I have driven manual cars mostly)
  • The instrument cluster is very good. I loved it.
  • Steering wheel is butter smooth. You just have to drive it to believe it.
The problematic part:
  • Getting into the back seat is very difficult, especially for old people. Even with a small stool, it is going to be difficult for them. Though I was half expecting it, still it was a disappointing revelation for me. Some things just manifest themselves when you see and experience them.
  • I felt the AT's response is slow. It might be a problem for city commute with a lot of aggressive drivers around.
  • I went through the speed breakers at various speeds (we have a lot of them here; the small plastic ones and some slightly bigger ones). It doesn't handle them well I felt.
  • I intentionally took it over a long patch of bad road near my house. At city speeds, I could see everyone bobbing side to side in their seats. Am pretty sure that people will not want to get chauffeured around in this vehicle. It is more a driver's vehicle. In city drive is not going to be very comfortable (at least in Hyderabad roads)

I came out of the test drive with mixed feelings. Though I still want this vehicle, it doesn't check all my needs.

On a side note:
I feel with the high backlog of orders they have, the dealers are not much bothered to give you test-drives. I went to this showroom and they said the vehicle was not there. They asked me to call up for a home test-drive. I had to follow-up with this guy for 3 days to get the vehicle. Everyday he would say that he is coming and then gave me weird excuses. I got frustrated and reached out to Mahindra Customer Care via website. They called up immediately, made a note and then did not bother.
I reached out to another dealer to see if he is enthused. Here also the same story. He was to call me back to find a suitable time. Am yet to get a call. The overall experience with Mahindra dealers has been disappointing.
Old 10th January 2023, 21:44   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdreamIdo View Post
... i have been waiting for my Z8 AT petrol and did not find any other competing vehicle with similar feature in that price range. (Safari goes up to 29L and Carens does not have that driving feel to it)...
If you want a good ride overall - safe, powerful, comfortable, easy and light in city/highway/bad-road - and can wait, book the N as soon as possible. There is no other option.
Sometimes I wonder why M&M sells it so cheap, then I remember that Scorpio stands for what M&M means in the automotive world. M&M wants the N to be a blockbuster product. (Look at yesterday's Thar 2WD, there they are looking for a quick buck)
I took home my Z4 Petrol Manual on 5th Jan. It is super-duper fantastic. I am planning a 200km ride tomorrow and a 1000 km ride in the next 7 days. I have been meaning to write a long post after that. The overall experience starting from the delivery at the showroom has been top-notch. More details after 7 days
NT_GT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 08:39   #1054
BHPian

With heavy heart i have decided to not go ahead with Scorpio N. The only reason for buying it was it's 4X4 capability since I wanted one car for all the duties. But the ground clearance, approach departure angles, underbody design and limitations to modification is not supportive of offroading and difficult trails. I don't want a vehicle in which I am constantly worried about scrapping the underbody while challenging rough terrains. I have seen multiple videos/reviews and it's disappointing how poor design killed the excellent 4X4 system. When my dealer calls up, will let the forum know so that interested people can check. Mine is Z8 4WD AT. Will wait for 5 door Thar, perfectly ok with less features and electronics as long as it do what it's meant to do plus can customise as per my requirement.
Old 11th January 2023, 18:32   #1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
Mine is Z8 4WD AT. Will wait for 5 door Thar, perfectly ok with less features and electronics as long as it do what it's meant to do plus can customise as per my requirement.
I am also on the verge of doing something similar. Mine is the Z8 4WD MT. The Thar 5-door looks promising but keeping my fingers crossed as Mahindra has a tendancy of making "almost" excellent vehicles. Every vehicle from their stable over the past few years has enticed me enough to almost taking the plunge but not enough to take it across the finish line. Hope that changes with the 5-door Thar.
Old 11th January 2023, 21:56   #1056
BHPian

For those eagerly waiting, tracking available now
NT_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 22:33   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
For those eagerly waiting, tracking available now
My Z8 MT petrol delivery delayed by 1 month.
Looks like a ploy to deliberately delay Z8 deliveries and push people to opt for over produced Z8L's lying with dealers.
Old 12th January 2023, 10:33   #1058
BHPian

Hello All, What is the best method to book now. Direct online booking or through dealer. Any idea on typical waiting time for Z6 Diesel Automatic?
Old 12th January 2023, 11:15   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
My Z8 MT petrol delivery delayed by 1 month.
Looks like a ploy to deliberately delay Z8 deliveries and push people to opt for over produced Z8L's lying with dealers.
Remains unchanged for my Z8 Diesel Automatic. March-April 2023.

I seriously feel that pushing dates further will do any good for Mahindra. Most of the people instead of increasing their budget might start looking for other options.
Old 12th January 2023, 12:12   #1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Remains unchanged for my Z8 Diesel Automatic. March-April 2023.

I seriously feel that pushing dates further will do any good for Mahindra. Most of the people instead of increasing their budget might start looking for other options.
My delivery date has been moved forward from 28th Feb-March to now 23 March -April. Maybe, they are pushing forward the date for early scheduled deliveries of Z8 by 1 month.
Old 12th January 2023, 16:23   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid86 View Post
My delivery date has been moved forward from 28th Feb-March to now 23 March -April. Maybe, they are pushing forward the date for early scheduled deliveries of Z8 by 1 month.
All the delivery periods are extended. It seems, z6 gets the priority. Delay is even more for 4Xplore. Maybe, MnM knows that there are no other 4WD choices. My 4xplore is pushed 1 month +1 week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
With heavy heart i have decided to not go ahead with Scorpio N. Mine is Z8 4WD AT.
Did you hear from your dealer again after the mail regarding delivery of Z8? Apparently only a few have received this communication. My booking is with the same dealer for same variant. What is your booked colour?

Last edited by rooster.ram : 12th January 2023 at 16:25.
Old 12th January 2023, 18:08   #1062
BHPian

[QUOTE
Did you hear from your dealer again after the mail regarding delivery of Z8? Apparently only a few have received this communication. My booking is with the same dealer for same variant. What is your booked colour?[/quote]
No communication post that. On tracker now it is showing delayed by 1 month, end Mar to end April timeline. Mine is black.
Old 12th January 2023, 18:28   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I think the Scorpio is overpriced by 2-3L(most cars nowadays are!). Try as much as I could, I did not find a comfortable seating position. My left leg kept fouling with the dashboard and the driver seat ran out of adjustment when I tried to push it back to avoid this. The space inside is less considering the size of the vehicle. I did not like the quality of the interiors, probably because I was comparing it with my current cars, a Jetta and F30 320D. There were some inconsistency in built quality (panel gaps not being uniform). The engine was super refined (my BMW was no match, better than even the XUV700 I felt), handling was not to my liking but then its an SUV. My friend mentioned that it's leagues ahead of the older Scorpio. Like I said, its just my opinion and I am comparing it to the "cars" I own. If you like it, go ahead and buy it, since most cars are overpriced anyways and there is no competition to the Scorpio as mentioned by Kosfactor.

I think it's rather unfair to compare panel gaps, build quality etc to a 3 series or a jetta which is a whole other segment. The scorpioN is half the price of that bmw when new.

I know there are some compromises and personally I changed my booking from scorpioN to Hycross because of the lack of space and comfort in the 2nd and 3rd rows in the former which would be problematic for the usage I have in mind (long road trips). I still think it's a competent product though.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 20:38   #1064
GKU
BHPian

Booked myself Z8 D MT on 12th Jan 2023 , Delivery date as per Mahindra portal is Oct- Nov 2024 . However, executive at PPS Mahindra has assured me delivery within 5 to 6 months(Not sure this is going to materialize ). One interesting thing, every dealer I approached in Bangalore and Shivamogga were ready to give me immediate( within a week) delivery of Z8L AT (if I am not particular about color ).

One dealer in Bangalore said he doesn't mind giving Z8L Petrol MT Red at old price.(This conversation happened today ) I did not show interest. As per him, Z8 production is going start from January end and by May -June waiting period will be eased.

-GK
Old 15th January 2023, 12:35   #1065
BHPian

Hi All,
I went to enquire about the difference in delivery dates on portal and mail from showroom, showed me the excel they recieve from Mahindra on regular basis, dates are matching to exactly what is on website. So revised date is 19 March onwards, he also confirmed no Z8 has been delivered as of yet and I checked the area for delivery, all parked vehicles were Z8L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks