Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 11:29   #1066

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
In that case, Scoprio-N itself seems out of the question as all variants are probable to issues/recalls (and the concern is valid).
Thank you sir. I will definitely add Safari to my list, hope a facelift of Safari is on its way.

By the way, last week I visited dealer (Koncept Mahindra, Sector 2, Noida) to find out the status. He checked in his own app and in that "Promised Delivery Date" was mentioned of Dec 2023 - other than this there were no dates showing there. Now I am unsure whether this promised delivery date is actually status of delivery or its just a date that they entered in the system when I did the booking. Guess will find out after couple of months when I will ask him to show status again . If its really Dec 23 then I probably wait for "N" rather than going with any alternatives.

I also captured the expected deliveries for different variants (attaching picture).
This weekend I visited Mahindra website to track status and was happy to see tracking option is back now. And while many boarders here are seeing their delivery dates being pushed, I am happy to see mine is pulled back a month (From Nov-Dec 24 to Oct-Nov 24).

Sales rep also told me that January month all plants remain closed for system maintenance and upgrades and production will start again by end of January. He also told me that delivery has not started yet for Z8 (non-L) variant yet and it is yet to be seen when would it start. I am just hoping it to start soon.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-image0.jpeg  

Last edited by aah78 : 19th January 2023 at 22:03. Reason: Quote trimmed. Spacing
insider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 16:48   #1067
GKU
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
My Z8 MT petrol delivery delayed by 1 month.
Looks like a ploy to deliberately delay Z8 deliveries and push people to opt for over produced Z8L's lying with dealers.
Even I thought exactly this and upgraded to Z8L D MT, But now dealer is saying similar waiting period for Z8L as well ( 5 to 6 months). I checked with few other dealers as well.
Old 17th January 2023, 16:48   #1068

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20230116_134016_chrome.jpg

I guess a date is better than a month ��
Old 18th January 2023, 17:48   #1069
BHPian

Booking date 12/12/22, Model Z8L-D-AT-4WD, Royal Gold, Delivery estimate September 2023

Last edited by sudipta : 18th January 2023 at 17:50.
Old 19th January 2023, 09:58   #1070

Z8D AT 4WD- Booked on the first day when bookings opened. Delivery date is showing as Oct-2023. It moved up one month from Nov-23. No communication at all from the dealer for the last 6 months. So, I called my SA this week.

He is confidently saying that I can expect delivery in March. Not sure what is this based on. Everything seems a bit random. Good thing that I am not in a hurry to change my current car. I can imagine the frustration for people who have some urgency.
Old 19th January 2023, 12:48   #1071

Background: I booked Z4 D AT via dealer (India Garage, WF, BLR) on 30 July. Did not get the offer price. On the website, the delivery date was showing Sept-Oct 2023.

On 10 Jan, I got a call from the dealership asking to confirm if I planned to take the delivery. I checked the website and now it shows a planned delivery date of 07 Feb - 23 Feb.

When I checked with the SA, he was not clear on either the call or the change in dates. The call to Mahindra Customer Care was pointless. They just read out the same status.

I have some key events planned for Feb. Now, I am wondering if I need to fit in a possible delivery of my Scorpio as well.

Is anyone else facing the same scenario? Feedback is welcome
Old 19th January 2023, 21:49   #1072

Hey fellow BHPians!
My delivery date for Z8-D-MT-4WD has shifted from my earlier slot of 20thFeb-20thMar '23 to 20thMar-20thApr '23. While this have me another month to prepare for the logistics, it also made it a longer wait to get my hands on the beast

However during that period I tried to finalize the registration state for my car. I have made my booking with Shiva Motors, Ghaziabad but for registration I have the option of HP & UP both. As the rate of RTO tax is lesser in HP (8%) than UP (11%), I was inclined towards getting the car registered there.

On a recent visit to the showroom for a short test drive, I asked about the same with my SA but was duly denied. He mentioned to me, that due to some territorial restrictions put in place by Mahindra, they are not allowed to register cars purchased from Delhi-NCR to states outside of Delhi-NCR. I even told him I will take care of all the logistics for the registration, but he didn't agree.

Considering how Dealers are bullying the customer sometimes for their cars nowadays, I don't want to jeopardize the fruit of the already long wait, but need some feedback if this is a valid restriction or something just made up by the Dealer for their own benefit. I believe it to be the latter, but just want to know if anyone could advise on the same.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th January 2023 at 22:03. Reason: Smileys.
babydriver04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 07:15   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydriver04 View Post
Hey fellow BHPians!
My delivery date for Z8-D-MT-4WD has shifted from my earlier slot of 20thFeb-20thMar '23 to 20thMar-20thApr '23. While this have me another month to prepare for the logistics, it also made it a longer wait to get my hands on the beast

However during that period I tried to finalize the registration state for my car. I have made my booking with Shiva Motors, Ghaziabad but for registration I have the option of HP & UP both. As the rate of RTO tax is lesser in HP (8%) than UP (11%), I was inclined towards getting the car registered there.

On a recent visit to the showroom for a short test drive, I asked about the same with my SA but was duly denied. He mentioned to me, that due to some territorial restrictions put in place by Mahindra, they are not allowed to register cars purchased from Delhi-NCR to states outside of Delhi-NCR. I even told him I will take care of all the logistics for the registration, but he didn't agree.

Considering how Dealers are bullying the customer sometimes for their cars nowadays, I don't want to jeopardize the fruit of the already long wait, but need some feedback if this is a valid restriction or something just made up by the Dealer for their own benefit. I believe it to be the latter, but just want to know if anyone could advise on the same.
Ask him to give this to you in Written. Also I doubt he would be having Premium numbers Vahaan access and wants you to pay agent fees. Premium I mentioned because in that case you need to get the number yourself. Mahindra Dealers are worst of the lot when it comes to arm twisting.

You are free to register it anywhere in India. They are providing NOC for 15+ Year vehicles to be registered and sold elsewhere in India; and here he is telling you for a new Registry vehicle.

When you tally the Invoice HSRP / Registry charges you will find few thousands in Audit upon inquiring they will tell you File Handling charges.

Separate advise when taking delivery from such dealer don't pay full amount hold out last 25k till all your audits you are satisfied with.
iskandariya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 10:56   #1074

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Ask him to give this to you in Written. Also I doubt he would be having Premium numbers Vahaan access and wants you to pay agent fees. Premium I mentioned because in that case you need to get the number yourself. Mahindra Dealers are worst of the lot when it comes to arm twisting.
Oh yes, thank you for the suggestion, I think this would be the best way out, but I'm expecting some resistance in providing the same to me. However Premium numbers is one thing, they can't really challenge me on, so yes that is something too I can use. Thanks ever so much for the heads up on "File handling charges". And I totally agree with your suggestion of holding back some payment until the very end to ensure all ends are met and was going to do the same.

Wanted to ask you and fellow BHPians though, if you've come across instances of unnecessary push by the showrooms for loading their cars (with accessories) to ensure timely delivery. Off late I have heard a lot of instances for XUV700, but not so sure if that's the practice with Scorpio-N too and any suggestions on tackling that if it happens?
Old 20th January 2023, 14:25   #1075
BHPian

Has anyone heard of Z8 variant delivery process initiated ?

I got a call today from Randhawa motors (dombivali) where i had done my test drive for the vehicle, they said they have started with the delivery process for few Z8 P MT variant.

My booking is from another dealer, i am yet to contact them, moreover my date on online tracker is now April-May which was March-April earlier.

Not sure if certain Z8 variants are getting internal priority e.g 4x4 AT
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 18:47   #1076

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniltheone View Post
Z8D AT 4WD- Booked on the first day when bookings opened. Delivery date is showing as Oct-2023. It moved up one month from Nov-23. No communication at all from the dealer for the last 6 months. So, I called my SA this week.

He is confidently saying that I can expect delivery in March. Not sure what is this based on. Everything seems a bit random. Good thing that I am not in a hurry to change my current car. I can imagine the frustration for people who have some urgency.
I am in similar situation, booked Z8 P AT on the first day, delivery is scheduled in Jul-Aug, got couple calls from dealer (Silver Jubilee, Pune) but no confirmation they just wanted to check if i still want to keep the booking. they asked me if i am flexible with other variants/color then they will offer if someone cancels it. i hope the end result is worth this much wait.
Old 20th January 2023, 22:28   #1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Has anyone heard of Z8 variant delivery process initiated ?

I got a call today from Randhawa motors (dombivali) where i had done my test drive for the vehicle, they said they have started with the delivery process for few Z8 P MT variant.

My booking is from another dealer, i am yet to contact them, moreover my date on online tracker is now April-May which was March-April earlier.

Not sure if certain Z8 variants are getting internal priority e.g 4x4 AT
Its really good news if its true that they have started Z8 deliveries. It will be very difficult to distinguish Z8s vs Z8Ls on road since ScorpioN's dont have version badging. I have a Z8 D MT 2WD booked in Mumbai and im in constant touch with my dealer who has no clue about anything. They are only committing the dates shown on the website which in my case is pushed to May - June 23. Just hope M&M rolls out Z8's for Introductory orders by March 23.
Old 21st January 2023, 12:38   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinvardhan View Post
They cancelled my booking without my notice
Same thing happened with me. Was your booking done through VVC? Mine was with VVC and they seem to have a pathetic sales team, no proper response since day 1.
Old 22nd January 2023, 18:21   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandar_saraf View Post
Its really good news if its true that they have started Z8 deliveries. It will be very difficult to distinguish Z8s vs Z8Ls on road since ScorpioN's dont have version badging. I have a Z8 D MT 2WD booked in Mumbai and im in constant touch with my dealer who has no clue about anything. They are only committing the dates shown on the website which in my case is pushed to May - June 23. Just hope M&M rolls out Z8's for Introductory orders by March 23.
Happened to visit my dealer to enquire about the status, it stays same as seen online.
He has no idea on Z8 delivery, said some confusion wether next variant to be produced is z6 or z8.

They still have a few z8l with them, said inspite of price hike will match the old price by adjusting insurance amount, i didn't bother since i have price protection, someone who dosent has it can definitely try.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:30   #1080
BHPian

I noticed that Acko Drive claims to arrange a vehicle by Jan 2024 ( All variants show the same date ). Is it by any means better than booking a vehicle directly with one of Mahindra's authorized dealers?

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-ackodrive.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks