Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2022, 14:49   #916

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

** Haryana introduces "green tax" for diesel vehicles older than 10 years which could be 10%-15% of registration fee; Petrol vehicles get another 5 years**

As anticipated, states start to curb usage of old diesel vehicles. Do you think this will deter people from buying diesel cars in India - a country where one of the first questions is "kitna deti hai?"

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/95926856.cms
Old 2nd December 2022, 15:33   #917
BHPian

Yesterday I enquired with the SA whose name was mentioned on the email communication received on 27th November, 2022 informing a possible delay (same format of global geo-political and supply chain issue..blah blah). At present I am in a neighbouring country and shall line up the financing and other activities according to the expected delivery date.

This SA (Mr. Ravi) informed me yesterday that the vehicle will be billed on 22nd December. I said it's okay for me.

Today, few minutes ago I received an email from the dealership that the vehicle is billed from the plant and provided the chassis number also (starting with N, there was another alphabet in the chasis number).

When I enquired about it with my SA that yesterday he stated it will be on 22nd December and today I received the communication to fulfill the payments. The SA asked me I need to do the payment by tomorrow 5 pm then only they will hold the car. I said that I won't pay a single penny without a proper PDI physically on the car. He asked me to reply the same through email.

Is this really true that they have started Z4 billing? Or the dealership is trying to play some tricks since they come to know I am physically not present in town?

If they have started billing from plant, how much time do they need to transport the cars from plant to Gurgaon dealership stock yard?
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img20221202wa0001.jpg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_202212021547103.png  

RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 16:01   #918
BHPian

I think you should definitely not make the entire payment prior to PDI. Maybe a token payment would do. And yes, some Z4 Diesel ATs have been billed.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:07   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
When I enquired about it with my SA that yesterday he stated it will be on 22nd December and today I received the communication to fulfill the payments. The SA asked me I need to do the payment by tomorrow 5 pm then only they will hold the car. I said that I won't pay a single penny without a proper PDI physically on the car. He asked me to reply the same through email.
How much payment are they asking for upfront? IMHO, if it is full amount, you should refuse. If it's a smaller sum as a commitment of taking delivery on said date, you can go ahead. Just make it clear registration can happen only after PDI.

But if you can wait, it'll be better in taking a 2023 make and registered vehicle. In any case, take your time, one doesn't buy a car every day. Don't let the dealer rush you into anything you are not comfortable with.

Last edited by naru80 : 2nd December 2022 at 19:11.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 20:21   #920
BHPian

First photo of Z4 from Chakan plant (not my photo, found in Facebook from a good fellow Rohit Shinde). Wheel cover is missing. The black roof rail looks really good with white/silver body. So happy with my silver color booking.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-318019355_5595450337239329_7258660012756999382_n.jpg
NT_GT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 13:12   #921
BHPian

Sireesh Auto Pvt. Ltd., Yelahanka, called me today to inform that my Z8L G RWD is dispatched from Pune factory and reach them within 8-10 days. Because I'm going for a company lease, dealer sent performa invoice to forward to the leasing company.

Few questions
1. When do leasing company release full payment to dealer? I want to make sure PDI is completed before payment is released. Any advice.
2. Car will arrive by train cargo at Doddaballapura station and then driven to Silk board center for pre inspection and then driven to Yelahanka for delivery. Is this normal practice? Looks like i will get my car with 50- 70 kms in ODO.
3. After bit confusion, sales person mentioned, booking amount will be refunded. He mentioned otherwise we can buy accessories.
4. I'm thinking of going with official roof rack and floor mat, is it worth the premium?

I have'nt brought any new car in last 10 years. Please help me with process, even it might be trivial in your understanding.

Last edited by vinbie2019 : 3rd December 2022 at 13:15.
vinbie2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 16:02   #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Do you have any updates on this?

Question for everyone else- What interest rate did Mahindra finance or any other bank charge you for your cars? I am in process of loan approval so any heads-up will be appreciated.
Unfortunately, none so far. I tweeted the issue was asked to share details on DM did that but been 10 days still to hear from someone in Mahindra Finance. They are just passing time and letting Dec to go by it seems.
Old 4th December 2022, 16:44   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRider View Post
Unfortunately, none so far. I tweeted the issue was asked to share details on DM did that but been 10 days still to hear from someone in Mahindra Finance. They are just passing time and letting Dec to go by it seems.
Even I called Mahindra finance and they are stating RBI increased the rates and there's nothing they can do.
I am getting loan at 8.6% and 6000 processing fees.
Old 4th December 2022, 23:23   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Is this really true that they have started Z4 billing? Or the dealership is trying to play some tricks since they come to know I am physically not present in town?

If they have started billing from plant, how much time do they need to transport the cars from plant to Gurgaon dealership stock yard?
The email mentions Initiate Documentation formalities at earliest, not complete payment. Dealers tend to ask payment as they book next vehicle from that rolling cash instead of their own pocket. Technically Mahindra as a company is also doing the same.

You already have paid the amount which is Booking ; rest all after PDI only. Atleast that is what I do; else .1% if the vehicle is a lemon what would you do; run after them to return your money.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 08:52   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshroyal View Post
The "Track My Booking" button is not available on the booking page. It seems Mahindra is preparing to bomb with date postponement.
Attachment 2385161
The tracking button is still missing for the Scorpio N booking. The XUV700 tracking is working fine though.

I have a Z8 4x4 Diesel AT introductory booking.
Old 5th December 2022, 09:21   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
First photo of Z4 from Chakan plant (not my photo, found in Facebook from a good fellow Rohit Shinde). Wheel cover is missing. The black roof rail looks really good with white/silver body. So happy with my silver color booking.
Attachment 2385956
This is great news for all of us who have booked the lower variants. Seems they have finally started manufacturing Z4 at least. A couple more photos are available on the Scorpio N review thread. Very reassuring. I have been waiting for Mahindra to inform me that my booking is postponed to 2024, ever since I saw it happen to others in the forum. I had even started evaluating alternatives. Good to have this confirmation. Thanks to whoever has taken this pic and shared it.

Looks like the lower variants without the chrome trim look good in lighter colours. Maybe I should have booked silver or white instead of black, as even the simple black steel wheels are looking so good.

Hope someone takes a picture of a Napoli Black Z4 so I can get an idea of what it would look like..
Old 5th December 2022, 12:28   #927
BHPian

Whether Z4 MT also comes with 370 NM torque?
Old 5th December 2022, 14:10   #928

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post

Question for everyone else- What interest rate did Mahindra finance or any other bank charge you for your cars? I am in process of loan approval so any heads-up will be appreciated.
In October, I got Mahindra Finance's 6.99% deal with 3K for processing fee and 100 rs for stamping charges.
MealReelWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 14:57   #929
BHPian

Update: Got a call from my dealership today. They confirmed that my Z4 D AT was under production and wanted to enquire about finance. I was told that vehicle would be delivered this month itself...

Hope this is the beginning of the end of waiting for all of us waiting for such a long time. My cousin's wedding is next month and I was hoping to get delivery before then.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 15:02   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MealReelWheels View Post
In October, I got Mahindra Finance's 6.99% deal with 3K for processing fee and 100 rs for stamping charges.
The ROI was increased from Nov'2022 due to repo rate hikes by RBI. I too availed the 6.99% offer but the repo rate hikes couldn't help but increase the interest for prospective customers.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks