Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2022, 00:31   #841
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Today I received an email communication from the Gurgaon dealership about the CPD (05-Dec-2022~04-Jan-2023) for my Z4 Diesel AT booking along with this clause:

"M&M is making best efforts to ensure delivery of your vehicle within the tentative timeline. However, considering the ongoing pandemic situation and it’s impact on global supply chain, there might be a delay of 2-4 weeks. We will keep you updated on the vehicle delivery status closer to the planned delivery timeline."
Strangely, the delivery of my Z4 AT which earlier was scheduled for December, is now showing as November.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-20221105_002524.jpg  

greenoval is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 08:35   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
Strangely, the delivery of my Z4 AT which earlier was scheduled for December, is now showing as November.
What variant and color is it? I am following up with Mahindra and dealership religiously on this, and to the best of my knowledge the production for Z4 is yet to start.
Old 5th November 2022, 13:23   #843
BHPian

Question to those who cancelled the Scorpio N booking made online: how do they refund the cancellation amount? Is it to the credit card account or a cheque/ Bank account transfer through respective dealership?

I think I made a great mistake by cancelling the petrol variant and keeping the Diesel variant intact, considering the recent ban on Diesel cars in Delhi.
RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 15:47   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
What variant and color is it? I am following up with Mahindra and dealership religiously on this, and to the best of my knowledge the production for Z4 is yet to start.
Z4 AT Diesel - Napoli Black
greenoval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 23:13   #845
MMV
BHPian

Need views on the following situation

A friend of mine had booked Scorpio Z8L, due to long waiting period he booked Jeep Meridian today morning. Surprisingly he got his Scorpio allotment message by 8pm. He is confused big time. What would be the suggestion (ignoring the price differential or VFM aspect).

My advice was to go with Scorpio considering brand value and popularity as Jeep Meridian is a niche product, which will bring in set of associated issues going forward.
Old 6th November 2022, 07:42   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
Need views on the following situation

A friend of mine had booked Scorpio Z8L, due to long waiting period he booked Jeep Meridian today morning. Surprisingly he got his Scorpio allotment message by 8pm. He is confused big time. What would be the suggestion (ignoring the price differential or VFM aspect).

My advice was to go with Scorpio considering brand value and popularity as Jeep Meridian is a niche product, which will bring in set of associated issues going forward.
Which variant has he booked, if it is 4wd go for it. I have scorpionN in waiting Z8 AT 4*4 but went with Safari XZA+ once 4*4 was out of picture.

Since you mentioned price out of picture hence asked about meridian being 4wd variant.

That said SocrpioN does have steering rack issue in present models my neighbour who bought it for a premium of 1.5L is facing steering rattling issues on their Z8L 4*4 variant.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 23:42   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MealReelWheels View Post
Hi all: Has anyone got a dashcam on their ScorpioN? This is one accessory that I feel is an absolute must on my new ScorpioN which I got during Diwali...

Hello - Yes i have installed DDPAI Mola N3 Pro Dashcam in my Scorpio N ( not hardwired). Had to use the only USB port below the infotainment Unit to power the dashcam ( front and back). Worked fine without any issues and yes its absolutely required on Indian Roads, i specifically installed it for my Bangalore - Gurgaon - Bangalore Trip that i just completed. Happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
Cheers.

Mod's Note: Please quote only the relevant portion of a post that you are responding to rather than the whole post.
NerDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 09:21   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
Hello - Yes i have installed DDPAI Mola N3 Pro Dashcam in my Scorpio N ( not hardwired). Had to use the only USB port below the infotainment Unit to power the dashcam ( front and back). Worked fine without any issues and yes its absolutely required on Indian Roads, i specifically installed it for my Bangalore - Gurgaon - Bangalore Trip that i just completed. Happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
Off-topic

Guys, my dashcam DDPAI Z40 has become faulty just after 1 year 4 months of use. I am yet to find the confirmed root cause of failure. Suspect some power circuitry problem that might have happened during servicing of car. Nexdigitron says the main PCB (equivalent to motherboard) might have failed.

Why this post?

I would request everyone to disconnect the dashcam power cable from the power port of the camera unit during car servicing or any work related to the battery and electrical circuitry of your car. Otherwise the dashcam electronics may get affected/ damaged.

I shall further update on this dashcam issue in related thread.
RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:28   #849
BHPian

Hello All,

Any updates on Z4 deliveries?

I spoke with Area Sales Manager from Mahindra, he is responsible for billing of the vehicle and he assured me that my vehicle would be billed by 11th Dec. The tentative delivery date on the portal is 11Nov-11Dec. There have been no changes for me so far.
Old 9th November 2022, 12:46   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
Hello All,

Any updates on Z4 deliveries?

I spoke with Area Sales Manager from Mahindra, he is responsible for billing of the vehicle and he assured me that my vehicle would be billed by 11th Dec. The tentative delivery date on the portal is 11Nov-11Dec. There have been no changes for me so far.
My revised delivery date for Z4 is 18 November - 25 November. I spoke to my SA and he informed me that no Z4 has been allocated to the dealership yet so they don't have a clue. This is Dee Emm in Gurgaon. Status online is also Order Under Planning.

Last edited by rodeoz : 9th November 2022 at 12:47.
Old 9th November 2022, 13:01   #851

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
My revised delivery date for Z4 is 18 November - 25 November. I spoke to my SA and he informed me that no Z4 has been allocated to the dealership yet so they don't have a clue.
Just over a week left for 18th Nov, if they have preponed your delivery they must have already started making Z4. Please do keep us updated as you seem to be the first in the que.
If your delivery gets delayed then possibly everyone desperately waiting for Z2, Z6 and Z8 may have to wait even longer.
Old 9th November 2022, 18:36   #852
BHPian

It seems that the tentative date on the portal is working irrespective of the actual delivery date.

Cancellation in the queue might have resulted in the preponed date. Tentative delivery for one of Teambhpians’ Z4 is 1nov to 1dec but AFAIK the production is yet to start.
Old 11th November 2022, 09:01   #853
BHPian

Anybody knows whether there is some traction on Z6 delivery timelines?
My Z6 Manual (price protected) is scheduled for March-April timeline and hasn't moved once ever since booking.

What makes me anxious is that I read a user review on FinancialExpress for Z6 Auto.
Have Z6 deliveries started already?

Last edited by mnautss : 11th November 2022 at 09:02. Reason: Updated content
Old 11th November 2022, 10:08   #854
Senior - BHPian

My Z8L 4x4 AT booking date was showing up as mid 2023. Yesterday, I was called and offered the same in a choice of 3 colours for immediate delivery
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 11:10   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Question to those who cancelled the Scorpio N booking made online: how do they refund the cancellation amount? Is it to the credit card account or a cheque/ Bank account transfer through respective dealership?
Due to continuously failing payments, I ended up booking two Scorpios. Mahindra was kind enough to offer introductory pricing for the first attempt with delivery on January 23.

I requested Mahindra customer care to cancel the latter one, but they said they would start taking cancellation requests once I get the delivery date. Later I got a delivery date of February 2024 for the second one. After requesting cancellation, the booking amount of Rs 21000 was refunded to the original payment source (i.e. Bank Of Baroda savings account).

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
November end is approaching soon, what is the status? Mine is in Jan but it says, “Order under planning”.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpio.jpg
dicor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks