Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2022, 14:14   #826

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
It isn't there in the Z8L AT Diesel too, it was always promised only in the 4Xplore version, I don't get the logic though. If anyone finds an accessory that fits in like the OEM wireless charger, would be keen to install it
I clearly remember it was a part of the petrol test drive vehicle. So was a little disappointed.
Old 31st October 2022, 21:59   #827
BHPian

My Z4 Petrol AT delivery has moved up by 10 days on the portal. Now 18 Nov -25 Dec. Haven't heard anything from the dealer though and portal still shows that order is under planning.
rodeoz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 22:35   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
My Z4 Petrol AT delivery has moved up by 10 days on the portal. Now 18 Nov -25 Dec. Haven't heard anything from the dealer though and portal still shows that order is under planning.
I have cancelled a Z4 Petrol AT White yesterday (Dee Emm dealership). There could be some adjustments in delivery period for others in queue.

Diesel Z4 AT Silver colour booking is intact. Today the sales manager asked for the booking number. When asked about the update, she informed me the same date range 05-Dec-2022~ 04-Jan-2023. No change as of now.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 22:40   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I have cancelled a Z4 Petrol AT White yesterday (Dee Emm dealership). There could be some adjustments in delivery period for others in queue.
I have the same model, same colour and same dealership. Looks like I might get your car!
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 16:49   #830
BHPian

Today I received an email communication from the Gurgaon dealership about the CPD (05-Dec-2022~04-Jan-2023) for my Z4 Diesel AT booking along with this clause:

"M&M is making best efforts to ensure delivery of your vehicle within the tentative timeline. However, considering the ongoing pandemic situation and it’s impact on global supply chain, there might be a delay of 2-4 weeks. We will keep you updated on the vehicle delivery status closer to the planned delivery timeline."

Is this a standard clause or Force Majeure intimation?
RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 17:28   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Today I received an email communication from the Gurgaon dealership about the CPD (05-Dec-2022~04-Jan-2023) for my Z4 Diesel AT booking along with this clause:

"M&M is making best efforts to ensure delivery of your vehicle within the tentative timeline. However, considering the ongoing pandemic situation and it’s impact on global supply chain, there might be a delay of 2-4 weeks."

Is this a standard clause or Force Majeure intimation?
The delivery timeline for my Z4 Diesel AT is 1st Dec-31st Dec 2022. However, yet to receive any communication from the company. I don't mind a delay considering its a Mahindra vehicle and the company keeps updating its offering based on the feedback from the initial group of owners. The delay also presents the opportunity to evaluate the new Innova hybrid which as per reports will be unveiled this month (don't mind switching to a FWD monocoque from a 2WD BOF) .
greenoval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 13:23   #832
BHPian

I got Z8L petrol AT Black invoiced and in tracker it’s showing vehicle is on the way. But somehow dealer is not sharing VIN number after several requests/reminders. Could there be an issue somewhere?
Old 2nd November 2022, 22:08   #833
BHPian

I had booked a Z8 diesel AT on introductory price, now after TD and seeing it on the roads, I realised it’s not the car for me, so I want to cancel my booking.Do they give a complete refund on cancellation ? Can anyone help?
Old 2nd November 2022, 22:13   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin-turbo View Post
I had booked a Z8 diesel AT on introductory price, now after TD and seeing it on the roads, I realised it’s not the car for me, so I want to cancel my booking.Do they give a complete refund on cancellation ? Can anyone help?
If your booking was done online, it can be cancelled online. Orelse you have to contact the Dealership. Also, full refund was applicable for cancelations done till 31st October. I got full refund on my Scorpio-N Z4 Introductory price booking cancellation via Dealership.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 2nd November 2022 at 22:14.
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:39   #835

@Mods: Please delete if it's not relevant. I am posting here as we are talking about accessories such as PPF on this thread.

Hi all: Has anyone got a dashcam on their ScorpioN? This is one accessory that I feel is an absolute must on my new ScorpioN which I got during Diwali. Ideally, it should be part of the stock vehicle considering the craziness on our Indian roads and vehicle safety in parking areas.

I have started doing some research and also went through the previous T-BHP reviews but wanted to specifically ask for an experience on such a long SUV with tips and suggestions on brands/models.

Thanks in advance!
Shail
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:52   #836

Mod note: Post edited for formatting.

Hello everyone! This is my first post on team bhp. I’m very thankful to the mods for accepting my membership request. This is slightly off topic but feel free to delete if you find it not useful or whatever.

I am sharing my experience of the Scorpio N and the anxiety that many of us might be feeling with the current scenario of waiting periods that maybe or maybe not created by car manufacturers.

On 28 July, i went to Mahindra showroom to see the Scorpio N and totally sold over it. I booked the Z6 MT online on 30th July and couldn’t get introductory prices. But few days later I received a mail about getting introductory prices and got very happy. And now the main thing, as mahindra told everyone that it will deliver the cars with introductory prices in around 4 months (maybe i read it wrong) but after seeing the delivery dates i felt very disheartened. My tentative date for delivery is 22 March to 21st of April. And it feels like a long wait I wasn’t ready for.

Mahindra is treating the customers who have booked variants other than the Z8L as if they don’t matter at all. There are not a single vehicle of z4, z6, and even z8 (few videos of preproduction z2 are there on youtube though). So customers like us who don’t want to buy the topmost variant can’t experience the product before booking. This has resulted into anxiety that i am dealing with from the day one of the booking.

My days starts with the team bhp forum searching about the Scorpio N to see if there are any new updates for the z6 or other variants and checking on youtube regularly. I know its a sellers market nowadays but Car companies especially Mahindra should treat all the customers equally whether they are buying the top variant or the other ones. I think this wait is going to be really long and the anxiety that comes with the long wait is really awful.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd November 2022 at 13:25. Reason: Please break post into paragraphs for easy reading,
Sy00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 13:21   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy00 View Post
And now the main thing, as Mahindra told everyone that it will deliver the cars with introductory prices in around 4 months (maybe I read it wrong) but after seeing the delivery dates I felt very disheartened. My tentative date for delivery is 22 March to 21st of April. And it feels like a long wait I wasn’t ready for. Mahindra is treating the customers who have booked variants other than the Z8L as if they don’t matter at all. There are not a single vehicle of Z4, Z6, and even Z8 (few videos of preproduction Z2 are there on Youtube though).
Welcome to the forum, mate!
Regarding your anxiety, I think you are not alone. I am also following the same schedule everyday by searching Youtube, google and team-bhp for any news on Z8 MT 4X4 variant booked under Introductory pricing scheme. My delivery is scheduled between Feb-march 2023.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 3rd November 2022 at 13:24. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 4th November 2022, 10:21   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy00 View Post
My days starts with the team bhp forum searching about the Scorpio N to see if there are any new updates for the z6 or other variants and checking on Youtube regularly. I know its a sellers market nowadays but Car companies especially Mahindra should treat all the customers equally whether they are buying the top variant or the other ones. I think this wait is going to be really long and the anxiety that comes with the long wait is really awful.
Hear! Hear!
The wait is indeed a torment. What is stopping M&M from providing a few display units of the lower models!
Many times I have considering going the Grand Vitara way (good FE, lower maintenance and peaceful ownership) but I have decided to wait at least till mid-November for Z4s.
Now I highly doubt that Z2 model will get even the basic infotainment unit. The YouTube review unit does not have it. Scorpio Classic S, priced same as Z2, does not have it.
My booking was for Z4. Even Z4 may miss the full infotainment unit. In M2ALL.com, the infotainment screenguard spec mentions only Z6 and higher models. If Z4 misses the full infotainment unit, Oh boy! I am so sure about taking delivery of a Grand Vitara instead.
It is not that infotainment unit is a big deal for me (my present car does not have it and I don't care) but it is about the treatment.
Old 4th November 2022, 12:20   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
My booking was for Z4. Even Z4 may miss the full infotainment unit. In M2ALL.com, the infotainment screenguard spec mentions only Z6 and higher models. If Z4 misses the full infotainment unit, Oh boy! I am so sure about taking delivery of a Grand Vitara instead.
It is not that infotainment unit is a big deal for me (my present car does not have it and I don't care) but it is about the treatment.
Z4 has the same size infotainment system as higher variants (minus navigation). This is given on Mahindra's website itself. Not sure why M2all doesn't list the variant for accessories.

Last edited by rodeoz : 4th November 2022 at 12:22.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 15:21   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Z4 has the same size infotainment system as higher variants (minus navigation). This is given on Mahindra's website itself. Not sure why M2all doesn't list the variant for accessories.
Indeed it is mentioned in the website and the product brochure as well as visible in YouTube videos. But I am starting to have doubts. The Scorpio Classic S11 which cost over 15L does not even have a full infotainment system. Then the M2ALL.com miss. It seems a bit like M&M is easing us towards the ultimate step of axing promised features. Of course, this is just my speculation. Hope M&M doesn't back out.
But, as others have pointed out, the whole process is not confidence inspiring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks