Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2022, 08:15   #961
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeringWheel View Post

With neither Mahindra nor dealership giving me a clear picture, I'm loosing interest in the vehicle. Both Mahindra and dealership only seem to be trying to avoid negative feedback without giving any proper information.
I believe this is Dealer at play, don't take too much load. Make noise, even if you loose interest like me. It will help community in general and cancel your booking on your terms in your timeline if you have too.
Old 14th December 2022, 10:10   #962
BHPian

Quote:

With neither Mahindra nor dealership giving me a clear picture, I'm loosing interest in the vehicle. Both Mahindra and dealership only seem to be trying to avoid negative feedback without giving any proper information.
Sorry to hear about the mysterious cancellation. Someone in the dealership must have carelessly cancelled it before contacting you. As others have mentioned above, the dealership calls up for confirmation before the vehicle goes into production. But you should not take too much stress. As you see, the long wait has been a roller coaster ride. But ultimately, things are going as planned. I think the twitter team (and eventually the booking support team) will help you if you keep following up with them.

If I were in your situation, my interaction with the dealership would be mechanical. But you have to make some earnest effort to keep up with the Mahindra team. The mothership is in full control.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th December 2022 at 10:19. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 14th December 2022, 14:55   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Remember fake bookings were made by dealers themselves on behalf of just the enquiries? I was one of them and now keep receiving calls from the dealer that I had booked the Scorpio-N. I have to keep on telling that I had just enquired and not booked. Probably they haven't transferred the booking to someone else yet or their databases are not in sync.
Tell them to cancel and refund the amount and see what they do
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 15:04   #964

I am unable to see the "Track my Booking" on my booking page. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 15th December 2022, 09:04   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG03 View Post
I am unable to see the "Track my Booking" on my booking page. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Same situation for everyone.
Old 15th December 2022, 09:44   #966
BHPian

Anyone has any idea why the 'Track my Booking' button is absent now? Is it a coding glitch? Or is M&M re-evaluating promised delivery dates? I hope the delivery dates do not get further delayed.
Old 15th December 2022, 10:01   #967
BHPian

Scorpio z8L is readily available with most dealers. I was thinking of buying it but if I need to spend this much I am looking at Safari also. It has more features plus better space management. Third row is spacious even for adults, sliding middle row, panaromic sunroof, lots of charging ports etc. And there is a discount of 25k plus 40k exchange as well.

Last edited by shikh_oberoi : 15th December 2022 at 10:02.
shikh_oberoi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 10:29   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Scorpio z8L is readily available with most dealers. I was thinking of buying it but if I need to spend this much I am looking at Safari also. It has more features plus better space management. Third row is spacious even for adults, sliding middle row, panaromic sunroof, lots of charging ports etc. And there is a discount of 25k plus 40k exchange as well.
Since I experience both vehicles you are talking about on a regular basis - These are as different as chalk and cheese - they always were very different vehicles even when the old Safari was around.

I am sure given a choice that Safari in our family will be traded in for an XUV in a heartbeat - no two ways about it.
Old 15th December 2022, 13:59   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Anyone has any idea why the 'Track my Booking' button is absent now? Is it a coding glitch? Or is M&M re-evaluating promised delivery dates? I hope the delivery dates do not get further delayed.
It's a deliberate, well thought of step by Mahindra management to prevent customers like you and me from shaking them up. With no timeline to quote, we can't make noise about delays in delivery. Apparently the appreciation they thought would follow by 'being transparent' from displaying delivery timelines didn't happen. Rather the step backfired (rightly so).
Old 15th December 2022, 14:27   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Since I experience both vehicles you are talking about on a regular basis - These are as different as chalk and cheese - they always were very different vehicles even when the old Safari was around.

I am sure given a choice that Safari in our family will be traded in for an XUV in a heartbeat - no two ways about it.
Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain more on this or maybe in some another thread. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th December 2022, 08:12   #971
BHPian

Hello Team,

I visited the dealership yesterday for a PDI.

I was informed that except the Exshowroom price (price protected) itself, all other items like RTO, insurance would be calculated on the latest Exshowroom price.

Is this the case with everyone that has been taking deliveries lately? Mahindra has increased prices twice, once in Nov and recently on Dec 6th.
Old 16th December 2022, 10:03   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart22 View Post
Hello Team,

I was informed that except the Exshowroom price (price protected) itself, all other items like RTO, insurance would be calculated on the latest Exshowroom price.

Is this the case with everyone that has been taking deliveries lately? Mahindra has increased prices twice, once in Nov and recently on Dec 6th.
I smell something fishy RTO price is based on invoice i.e. exshowroom price.
Get insurance yourself.
Old 16th December 2022, 12:48   #973
BHPian

I am cancelling a Z4 Diesel AT variant, Dazzling Silver colour. Interested members can check with Koncept automobile Dealership, Platina Building, MG Road, Gurgaon for availability.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 12:51   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
I believe this is Dealer at play, don't take too much load. Make noise, even if you loose interest like me. It will help community in general and cancel your booking on your terms in your timeline if you have too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
Sorry to hear about the mysterious cancellation. Someone in the dealership must have carelessly cancelled it before contacting you. As others have mentioned above, the dealership calls up for confirmation before the vehicle goes into production. But you should not take too much stress. As you see, the long wait has been a roller coaster ride. But ultimately, things are going as planned. I think the twitter team (and eventually the booking support team) will help you if you keep following up with them.

If I were in your situation, my interaction with the dealership would be mechanical. But you have to make some earnest effort to keep up with the Mahindra team. The mothership is in full control.
Thank you. Yeah, not taking any stresss but wanted to atleast tweet/mail, did that and will see if there is any response. If there is positive response, it's good. If there is no response, it is also good as it will help me stay away from such un supportive dealership. Only disappoointment is that after all the wait, the effort put so far goes waste.

I'm a Scorpio user for almost 15 years and it's a kind of addiction. Thats the reason I wanted it in garage. Once the deliveries of my variant starts, some vehicles may beavailable because of cancellations. So I'll get one when a Z4 or Z8 is readily available for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart22 View Post
Hello Team,

I think that is how it works in some states. Irrespective of the discounts, RTO levies the road tax on the exshowroom price they have in their system, these prices are updated whenever there is a change in exshowroom price. I do not know how the insurance works though.
Old 16th December 2022, 14:18   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I'm a Scorpio user for almost 15 years and it's a kind of addiction. Thats the reason I wanted it in garage. Once the deliveries of my variant starts, some vehicles may beavailable because of cancellations. So I'll get one when a Z4 or Z8 is readily available for me.
I suggest changing the booking to Z8L AT - Its worth it and you`ll get it sooner.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks