Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2022, 23:03   #886
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

As expected, my intoductory delivery date has also been pushed back by 1.5 months for now.

Last edited by rodeoz : 19th November 2022 at 23:05.
Old 20th November 2022, 08:27   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
I like the concept of market determining the prices.

However, in this particular scenario, I believe what lots of potential customers don't like is the fact that many Z8, Z6 price protected deliveries are being delayed in the name of supply chain issues.
For instance, a friend's price protected Z6 previously scheduled for Mar'23 has now been postponed to Aug'24.

Now the question is, assuming that Mahindra's Scorpio-N supply chain is really disrupted to such drastic tunes, how are these parts being arranged for the Z8L? I mean what special part does Z6 need that Z8L doesn't? And it's not a random booking, it is one of those done in the 'Gone in 55' seconds.

Probably the number of people upgrading to a Z8L is beyond what the organization predicted and seeing the favourable trends, decided to build more of these while delaying already outstanding orders.
Absolutely. And this is the fact that is driving customers crazy. A 6-month waiting period is bad enough, but to postpone it by a whole year or more citing supply issues is just insulting.

Supply chain issues are something that has affected every manufacturer. Mostly, it has forced them to cut down on features, such as the second key, led lighting, (XUV), switching to smaller touchscreens (Skoda) and in some severe case delivering cars to dealerships without the infotainment, to be fitted at a later date by dealers.

Now, they are saying that they are having supply chain issues with lower variants which have less features. What exactly is it that they are having trouble procuring? Steel wheels instead of alloys? Fabric seats? Plastic parts for dashboards? Normal reflector halogen headlamps instead of the high-tech LED projectors? If the supply chain issues were real, they would be churning out lower variants to fully utilise the plant capacity and cutting features from top variants temporarily, and not holding back the lower variants as they are doing now.

For anyone with a bit of common sense, it is evident that all they are doing is making hay while the sun shines. If the delay goes beyond April 2023, then the next BS6 norms will kick in for the diesels. And by Oct 2023, 6 airbags will have to be standard. At that point they will "regretfully" inform the customers that they have no way of offering the cars at protected price, as the costs have risen too much due to government regulations and increase the price.

There will also be a volley of cancellations due to the increased waiting periods, and Mahindra might face some well-deserved public outrage by frustrated customers, but their bottom line will be well padded, which is ultimately all that matters to them.

They could have avoided all this from the beginning by offering just the Z8L in petrol, diesel, 4x4 and AT options, which would have at least saved those of us without the moolah from even considering the Scorpio.

Last edited by vivekgk : 20th November 2022 at 08:31.
vivekgk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 09:32   #888
BHPian

Now I am considering changing the booking to XUV 700 diesel AT AX5. This is so not done.

Can someone post a comparison of features between the Z6 and the xuv AX5 variant?
Old 20th November 2022, 09:57   #889
BHPian

Mahindra is citing supply side issues to postpone delivery of lower variants of Scorpio N while at the same time telling XUV 700 users that due to improvement in supply side, they will get their vehicles faster! Now considering if I should increase my budget and go for Safari XTplus. At least I will get the car in a month! Perhaps wait out December and buy in Jan.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-316173130_2808969902572203_14237662298594572_n.jpg  

Attached Images

rodeoz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 11:11   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
There will also be a volley of cancellations due to the increased waiting periods, and Mahindra might face some well-deserved public outrage by frustrated customers, but their bottom line will be well padded, which is ultimately all that matters to them.

If it is of any help, the dealers told me that production numbers are going to increase substantially and waiting periods will reduce in a few months time.

Reality is that the pre-booking has provided M&M with the numbers that they were looking for, perhaps it's mostly for Z8/L.
Old 20th November 2022, 12:39   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Mahindra is citing supply side issues to postpone delivery of lower variants of Scorpio N while at the same time telling XUV 700 users that due to improvement in supply side, they will get their vehicles faster! Now considering if I should increase my budget and go for Safari XTplus. At least I will get the car in a month! Perhaps wait out December and buy in Jan.
I'm simply unable to buy this story of supply chain issues. Ideally Z8L is the variant with most electronics and it should be the variant most impacted, how come only lower variants are impacted.
r24x7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 13:45   #892

So 11.99 L was just a marketing gimmick. There is no surety that they will stick to the new Postponed dated. There could be more extension and more pain for buyers of lower variants. MnM wants to channelize the lower variant buyers to Z8L by delaying tactics.
Old 21st November 2022, 19:49   #893

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
I'm simply unable to buy this story of supply chain issues. Ideally Z8L is the variant with most electronics and it should be the variant most impacted, how come only lower variants are impacted.
I have a friend who is a service provider to Mahindra in multiple plants including Chakan, I received a call from him yesterday that the production of Scorpio N is brought to complete halt and Mahindra has recalled 100k units back to fix some issues.

I believe this could be the reason why the Z4 planned deliveries have been suddenly delayed.
HighRider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 08:26   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRider View Post
Talking of Mahindra Finance, I have booked Z8 and also locked 6.99% rate valid till Dec 2022 with M&M Finance by giving cheque and have an offer acceptance letter from Mahindra Finance for 6.99%. Due to unavailability of Z8 I decided to upgrade to Z8L Diesel but Mahindra Finance is now denying me 6.99% and saying that the Management has closed that scheme and hence I will have to go with 8.45%. What can be done here?
I don't know much that can be done in this regard. But as a general information, I just want to add that it is worthwhile inquiring the smaller banks. I got a sanction ready at 7.5% from Manipur Rural Bank (part of PNB, I believe with independent management) since August 2022. Now the rate is hiked to 8% due to the relentless RBI hikes. I am hoping there is no further hike from the bank's side till my car delivery.
NT_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:23   #895
BHPian

Dear All,

I had also booked Z4 D MT 4x4 on the first day when the bookings opened and the delivery schedule was given for 2024. I felt that it is too long a date and cancelled the booking on 16th November, 2022 requesting them to change the booking to Thar AT (P) CT. Obviously they refused to transfer the booking and asked me to book Thar separately. However, till date I have not received the payment back. I just wanted to know how long does the Mahindra take to refund the booking amount and whether they are deducting any amount.

For Thar CT I tried booking with the Dealers in Delhi but they do not have any stock of CT and were pushing for Hardtop which are quite a number of lying with every dealer.
Old 22nd November 2022, 21:10   #896
BHPian

Quote:
I have a friend who is a service provider to Mahindra in multiple plants including Chakan, I received a call from him yesterday that the production of Scorpio N is brought to complete halt and Mahindra has recalled 100k units back to fix some issues.

I believe this could be the reason why the Z4 planned deliveries have been suddenly delayed.
Thanks for the info. If that is really the case , then ideally Z8Ls as well should be out of stock very very soon. Only last week , I was asked if I wanted to take a readily available Z8L.
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:00   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Thanks for the info. If that is really the case , then ideally Z8Ls as well should be out of stock very very soon. Only last week , I was asked if I wanted to take a readily available Z8L.
I called up the Area Sales Manager when the delivery date of my Z4 G AT passed and he also recommended that I upgrade to Z8L to get immediate delivery. I told him if I had the budget to buy a Z8L why would I have booked a Z4 in the first place . Either they have an overstock of Z8L due to fake bookings by dealers, or they are still producing them.
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:08   #898
BANNED

Quote:

Does he have any information on what the issue is? I didn't come across any news on the recall. Is this a silent recall, can someone share the news if you find any.
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:18   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Does he have any information on what the issue is? I didn't come across any news on the recall. Is this a silent recall, can someone share the news if you find any.
Found this update of recall on Facebook. Nice to know the number of N's delivered so far.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-316258071_1555679854858447_6604088823105521814_n.jpg

Again on Facebook, another fellow is also complaining about non-delivery of his Z8L scheduled for this week. So, the effect of the total halt of production is visible now.
NT_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:37   #900

Mahindra seems to be recalling several thousand Scorpio Ns. I saw this on one of the Facebook forums I am part of. Could it be the reason for the recent delays / postponements in the delivery dates?
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-recall.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks