Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 07:56   #871
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Looking at the state of deliveries, it does seem that Mahindra is prioritising Z8L rather unfairly. I got a call from my dealership informing me that Z8L diesel manual variant was available readily in 2 colours. Also, all media sources and even the official sites will show that the XUV700 is not available readily. But the fact is that if you're booking the AX7L variant, then you can get priority delivery in less than a month. One dealer assured me delivery in 15 days. So it is clear that the delivery period is only applicable if you're not rich enough to buy the top variants.

I understand that Mahindra did say that the Z8L bookings in the first 25K would be prioritised, but this is ridiculous. Since there hasn't been any price revision for the Scorpio N since launch, everyone taking delivery now are basically getting the much coveted "price protection" even if they only walked into the showroom last week, and the only thing that matters is whether you are able to cough up the extra cash for the Z8L.

Mahindra is exchanging long term good will for quick money by going down this road of corruption.
vivekgk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 10:50   #872
BHPian

Autocar India link

Quote:
Mahindra has announced that it is ramping up production capacity for its popular SUVs to around 6 lakh units per annum in the next 12-15 months.

Mahindra’s overall manufacturing capacity to go up gradually
Mahindra’s monthly production capacity is set to increase from 29,000 units in Q4 FY2022 to 49,000 units by Q4 of FY2024, the company announced on Friday. The SUV brand also announced an investment of Rs 7,900 crore over a period of three years.

Mahindra Thar, Scorpio N, XUV300, XUV700 production to increase
The Thar's production will increase from 4,000 units a month to 6,000 units a month, the XUV300 from 5,000 units a month to 9,500 units, and the Scorpio N to 10,000 units a month from the current 6,000. Its popular XUV700 SUV, too, will see its production pushed to 10,000 units a month from the current 6,000 units.

For its EV portfolio, Mahindra will be creating a manufacturing capacity of 15,000 to 17,000 units a month, accounting for 20-30 percent of the company's total line-up. Mahindra will introduce the XUV400 EV SUV early next year.

Mahindra SUV waiting periods in November 2022
A quick check with dealers has revealed that the waiting period of the Scorpio N ranges from 15 weeks to 105 weeks, depending on variant, while the Scorpio Classic can be delivered in 12-15 weeks. The XUV700’s waiting period ranges from 4-6 weeks and goes up to 72 weeks for the top variants. The Thar, however, can be delivered in as early as 3-12 weeks.
Old 17th November 2022, 18:28   #873
BHPian

So friends who are waiting for their #BigDaddys, you really wont be disappointed once Daddy arrives.

Cheers,
Ameya

Thanks man. That's reassuring and keeps us excited. Mostly, people point out the negatives (good thing to do) but having positive points as well makes it easier to judge.
Old 17th November 2022, 23:31   #874

There is a fresh video upload on YouTube of someone's visit to Mahindra plant (possibly Chakan). You can see that they are still producing Z8L. While the estimated delivery time for Z2 is already over due.

gaurav6464 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 00:30   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav6464 View Post
There is a fresh video upload on YouTube of someone's visit to Mahindra plant (possibly Chakan). You can see that they are still producing Z8L. While the estimated delivery time for Z2 is already over due.

https://Youtu.be/-pd8GmuhkhY
It is video of 2nd October 22, It was Founders Day celebration, the plan is shut down but the friends and family are invited to visit the plant. I was there on that day and saw the units myself. Also, got to see a few of the stockyards but only 4-5 Scorpio Ns as access to most was restricted.
HighRider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 00:54   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
My payment was through credit card. Didn't get back any refund so far. I cancelled the Z4 AT Petrol on 30th October.

Request to other BHPians who made the booking amount payment through credit card and cancelled later on: whether you have received the refund amount. And, is there any particular procedure to contact the dealership or Mahindra and Mahindra customer care or it automatically gets refunded?
I too had booked a second time with my credit card, and cancelled the booking later. I got the refund, but I don't remember how soon. I remember that there was some delay, almost a couple of weeks.
Old 18th November 2022, 01:02   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Looking at the state of deliveries, it does seem that Mahindra is prioritising Z8L rather unfairly. I got a call from my dealership informing me that Z8L diesel manual variant was available readily in 2 colours. Also, all media sources and even the official sites will show that the XUV700 is not available readily. But the fact is that if you're booking the AX7L variant, then you can get priority delivery in less than a month. One dealer assured me delivery in 15 days. So it is clear that the delivery period is only applicable if you're not rich enough to buy the top variants.

I understand that Mahindra did say that the Z8L bookings in the first 25K would be prioritised, but this is ridiculous. Since there hasn't been any price revision for the Scorpio N since launch, everyone taking delivery now are basically getting the much coveted "price protection" even if they only walked into the showroom last week, and the only thing that matters is whether you are able to cough up the extra cash for the Z8L.

Mahindra is exchanging long term good will for quick money by going down this road of corruption.

This is probably a rather controversial opinion but I don't see why any manufacturer shouldn't cash in on the variant that makes them the most money. It's a private business, not a charity. I think this whole mess of artificial shortages, inventory hoarding, scalpers and multiple bookings at multiple dealerships by one customer would be solved pretty easily if they just let the free market decide the pricing of the car. Imagine just being able to state upfront how much extra you are willing to pay to get a car that very moment instead of playing this game of multiple bookings and and buying forced accessories by the dealership. Make it into an auction, I don't care
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 10:14   #878
BHPian

It sure is a head Turner. The interiors are also pretty good. If the after sales and reliability factors are addressed, then this will continue it's blockbuster run and give Safari and Harrier a serious run for its money.
Old 18th November 2022, 11:17   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
This is probably a rather controversial opinion but I don't see why any manufacturer shouldn't cash in on the variant that makes them the most money. It's a private business, not a charity. I think this whole mess of artificial shortages, inventory hoarding, scalpers and multiple bookings at multiple dealerships by one customer would be solved pretty easily if they just let the free market decide the pricing of the car. Imagine just being able to state upfront how much extra you are willing to pay to get a car that very moment instead of playing this game of multiple bookings and and buying forced accessories by the dealership. Make it into an auction, I don't care
I think what you are referring to is how the dealers in the US would sell the vehicles over the MSRP. It happens unofficially here too. Say you want to gift a vehicle for a wedding or something else, may not mind paying a bit more and get it now.

Certain color and variant combinations will always be available immediately because the car would be in transit or has reached the dealer when it has got cancelled - for that particular dealer it makes sense to resell them to customers who are in a hurry than contact the next customer in line who has booked it and is waiting for the status to change in the App , dealer would earn a new customer.

Right now certain colors like red rage, gold etc are available in Z8\L variants depending on which dealer has what in stock, you take whatever you get.

The wait times for a particular variant that is in high demand can go up to 1 or 2 years, its the same case with XUV as well, there is AX5, AX7 petrol etc are available in certain colors for immediate delivery, but the AX7L AT versions can take forever to arrive.
Old 18th November 2022, 14:04   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I think what you are referring to is how the dealers in the US would sell the vehicles over the MSRP. It happens unofficially here too. Say you want to gift a vehicle for a wedding or something else, may not mind paying a bit more and get it now.

No, not like the US. I'm talking about manufacturer level auctions/direct purchases through the Mahindra website. They already have provisions for taking bookings and payment through the website so this could easily become the next step.

Dealerships in the US are engaging in price gouging and inventory hoarding which is one of the things which would be solved. I don't see why any middle men should be allowed to inflate prices which aren't even being passed on to the people actually making the cars.
Old 18th November 2022, 14:11   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav6464 View Post

https://Youtu.be/-pd8GmuhkhY
I don't think any Z2 had a November delivery? A lot of Z4s did and none received it. Although the video is old, as per the dealer the information is correct that M&M hasn't started producing any lower variant yet. The tentative delivery date just keeps getting pushed. I don't think there is any co-relation anymore between delivery dates shown on the portal and actual production.
rodeoz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 21:21   #882
BHPian

I now have a delivery date for the Z8 Petrol AT that I booked last week, the tentative delivery period is from 28th Oct to 28th Nov 2024.
Old 19th November 2022, 18:35   #883

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisparas View Post
I'm also planning to go with Mahindra Finance and as per the executive the 6.99% interest rate offer is valid atleast till December 2022. The interest rates will be revised after that.

Coming to another question whether you can cancel the loan application or not? So if the loan amount has not been disbursed yet to the dealership surely you can cancel the application, but there'll be some charges which will be deducted from the processing fees you paid. As per my executive these charges will be somewhere around Rs. 500, also the cheque which I gave in the name of Mahindra Finance for processing the loan application is for Rs. 3000 and I clearly asked if there are any other hidden charges, she clearly stated that processing fees is Rs. 3000 out of which somewhere around Rs. 2500 is refundable and there are no other hidden charges.

But despite me having good CIBIL score of more than 780 and co-applicant being my dad having adequate ITRs she told that interest rate will not be 6.99% for me, it'll be somewhere around 7.5%-7.75%. She also told very few individual are able to fulfill the criteria of 6.99% rate of interest, some of points in that criteria include individual must have CIBIL score of around 850 and ITR of more than 10 lakh rupees annually.
Talking of Mahindra Finance, I have booked Z8 and also locked 6.99% rate valid till Dec 2022 with M&M Finance by giving cheque and have an offer acceptance letter from Mahindra Finance for 6.99%. Due to unavailability of Z8 I decided to upgrade to Z8L Diesel but Mahindra Finance is now denying me 6.99% and saying that the Management has closed that scheme and hence I will have to go with 8.45%. What can be done here?
Old 19th November 2022, 19:47   #884
BHPian

Someone on FB posted that their Z4 delivery date has been postponed to 2024. Introductory price booking. The person received a message from MnM saying this is because of supply side issues.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-316275704_2808958765906650_1004965176089986752_n.jpg  

Last edited by rodeoz : 19th November 2022 at 19:49.
rodeoz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 21:06   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I like the concept of market determining the prices.

However, in this particular scenario, I believe what lots of potential customers don't like is the fact that many Z8, Z6 price protected deliveries are being delayed in the name of supply chain issues.
For instance, a friend's price protected Z6 previously scheduled for Mar'23 has now been postponed to Aug'24.

Now the question is, assuming that Mahindra's Scorpio-N supply chain is really disrupted to such drastic tunes, how are these parts being arranged for the Z8L? I mean what special part does Z6 need that Z8L doesn't? And it's not a random booking, it is one of those done in the 'Gone in 55' seconds.

Probably the number of people upgrading to a Z8L is beyond what the organization predicted and seeing the favourable trends, decided to build more of these while delaying already outstanding orders.

There is absolutely no issue if Mahindra boldly states that they will delay a price protected Z6 by another 17 months in order to sell the cash cow variants.
But trying to disguise it in the name of part shortage is something that doesn't meet the eye.

I respect that everyone has their own opinion on this, which is what makes these discussions healthy.

But I just find this move by Mahindra really disappointing!
mnautss is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks