Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2022, 18:35   #991
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Now I have booked Diesel Automatic Z8L in white color.
I was also considering Tata Safari but after driving the Scorpio, I finalised the same.
Delivery will this week.
I have to take 30k accessories with the car to get the delivery. Tried with 3 different dealers and all told me the same thing.

I asked for the accessories list and behold another greedy thing that they are doing. They are charging above MRP and selling 26k worth accessories at 35k
Will update what happens but not going to pay above MRP.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221219183203043_com.whatsapp2.jpg
shikh_oberoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 20:02   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
...I asked for the accessories list and behold another greedy thing that they are doing. They are charging above MRP and selling 26k worth accessories at 35k. Will update what happens but not going to pay above MRP.
Attachment 2391964
Ofcourse these are just made up figures. Its just an excuse to fill the table for things that you can be legally charged for. If you're living in Delhi, I'm quite sure that ALL of these things could be covered at half the cost in the local market.
Old 19th December 2022, 20:31   #993

Quote:
I have to take 30k accessories with the car to get the delivery. Tried with 3 different dealers and all told me the same thing.

I asked for the accessories list and behold another greedy thing that they are doing. They are charging above MRP and selling 26k worth accessories at 35k
Astonished to see that even the Cash Cow of Mahindra, the Z8L is being pushed with additional accessories as compulsory items. And selling the items above the MRP is clearly unethical trade practices of the dealer. You can ask the dealer to put only those items you want, or try to warn them with knowing references from above. Either way, dealer CAN'T force you to take even a single accessory.
Old 19th December 2022, 21:21   #994
BHPian

Scorpio-N is fantastically designed product which is way more superior in drive dynamics, stability and ease of driving than its predecessor Scorpio. Not to forget that it has recently been rated as 5-Star in newly adopted more stringent Global NCAP safety test protocols.

Mahindra Automotive Product Development Head, Mr R. Velusamy, introduced the design & engineering philosophy of this vehicle in very comprehensive manner in end of June, 2022. His product briefing can be seen from timeframe 38:35 minutes, onward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Another major reason is Scorpio N is not suitable for hills, mountains. What I understand from the suggestions of seniors here, Scorpio N can topple very easily and can go out of control very quickly. Now I always worry for safety while driving on highways (I won a near zero safety rated Swift). With Scorpio N, I need to be extra careful to drive it safely in the hills.
I do not agree with the above assertion that it is not suitable in hilly region. Even being a BoF (body on frame) vehicle with 2 tons kerb weight, its body roll is well contained. In fact, I dare say, within its price range, it is the best BoF Vehicle available in terms of its drive dynamics. Please do refer the attachment as a fair idea of its drive dynamics capability.

Mahindra Scorpio-N (Z4 AT and Z6 to Z8L) comes with standard ESC (along with Hill Hold & Descent Control), therefore the alleged topple tendency while negotiating quick turns in ghat section is very well mitigated beyond any doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
From a utility perspective, I don't suggest you to buy one.
Completely agree. The main drawback of this vehicle is, its poor availability of space specially in the third row. IMHO, it is completely messed up in terms of its utility in providing decent space to accommodate two passengers or luggage, either. I had booked the vehicle in Z6, MT, Everest White (price protected) but cancelled it later on for want of available space to comfortably accommodate 5-7 passengers for long trip.

I think the BIG DADDY hype fails to follow its substance in terms of its space management
Attached Images

Last edited by Ankur@VNS : 19th December 2022 at 21:37.
Ankur@VNS is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 22:05   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs View Post
You can ask the dealer to put only those items you want, or try to warn them with knowing references from above. Either way, dealer CAN'T force you to take even a single accessory.
Attaching 4 estimates that i got from three different dealers. And yes you have to take even the extended warranty.
I cancelled the xuv700 for the same reason. Went ahead with the second dealer and he said the same. Then went to third dealer and finally made up my mind that if I want a car I have to agree to all these shitty practices.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221219215543484_com.whatsapp2.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221219215521263_com.whatsapp2.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221219215517586_com.whatsapp2.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221219215450223_com.whatsapp2.jpg

And there is 70k premium on XUV700 Premium= Black.
This is the least quotation that I got. Friend's agent told me it's 1 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
If you're living in Delhi, I'm quite sure that ALL of these things could be covered at half the cost in the local market.
Yup. I can get all of this under 15k easily.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 07:54   #996
BHPian

I would bycott such dealer / manufacturers who ever is encouraging.. Money isn't cheap to be exploited around. There is plenty lying in Inventory which would become less attractive in Jan'23.

You can play hardball and tell them No Accessories, Extended Warranty and Insurance. No overheads if they are okay fine else the other dealer is happy to provide without premium. Or take these quotation and reach out to with you hamesha and twitter.

You can see some out of town Dealer also.

I don't like such practices, and Mahindra Dealer level approach to dealing with customer is Pure Exploitation.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 08:10   #997
BHPian

I guess the one big advantage I had with booking at launch time was that the car is pre-assigned to me and can't be denied or re-allotted without my consent. I have waived off extended warranty and any accessories, arranged insurance from outside, and refused to pay the full amount upfront. They are making things a bit difficult by causing delays where they can though. I paid the full amount after inspecting the car, but they are still refusing to start the registration process.

The real situation is that almost dealers have free stock of Z8L models, and if the demand weren't so high they would be offering discounts, especially at year end. If the dealer in your locality is insisting on fleecing you, one option would be to enquire in a dealer who is slightly far away, in a less urban centre. They will be only happy to get the sale. Sure, you do have to go there drive the car back, but then you're buying the car to drive it anyway.

If your requirement isn't urgent, I'd suggest that you wait until New Year so that the registration would be in 2023.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 09:20   #998
BHPian

Thanks for your replies. Let me tell you how the conversation with the second dealer went.

Me- I saw that you have mentioned 30000 accessories in the quotation.
Advisor - Yes sir, to get early delivery you have to get them
Me - Actually I can't spend that much since it's a top model. I cancelled my xuv700 booking from another dealer for the very same reason.
Advisor - Sir then cancel this one as well.
And he hung up the phone. These shitty advisors don't know how lame and arrogant they are acting.

Currently I have 3 bookings and 63k stuck. And i drove 110 kms one side for my xuv700 booking.
My Verna is in no state of driving and I'd have to spend at least 70k to make it road worthy. Hence the fast decision to buy a new car.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 09:28   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching 4 estimates that i got from three different dealers. And yes you have to take even the extended warranty.
Hi, why don't you try with the Gurgaon dealerships? The estimates you have posted are on higher side for Insurance, Accessories etc.

Scorpio N Z8L Petrol AT are available with Dealerships readily. Just arrange an Insurance quotation from outside with fully loaded features and ask the dealership to match their offer with that. If dealership can match (there could be a small delta though), go ahead with dealership insurance. Otherwise buy from outside.

For top end models, the exterior accessories like sticky type chrome appliques are mostly useless. And these are too much shiny. Better to select accessories for functional requirements/ utility like rain visor, mud flap, roof rack etc. Good quality and cost effective options for Floor carpet, floor mats etc are available outside. Bug reflector installation seems to have issues reported by few owners here (Thar, Scorpio N).

Don't inform the SA and Dealerships about your other bookings, cancellations and earlier ordeals. Then they start suspecting your intention to buy the car and do all these drama. Ultimately, you need to buy the car from them. And they need not be overloaded with all your information and history. Treat it like a business deal without any emotional talk.

Last edited by RijuC : 20th December 2022 at 09:33.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 09:44   #1000
BHPian

First dealer was in gurgaon only. And I am getting loan and insurance from outside at lower rates. Mostly my wife and I are the only ones travelling and even if family comes along we only have 5 people in the family so no requirement for a roof rack but your are right about the accessories and the emotional talk. I will keep this in my mind for future negotiations. Thanks a lot.
Old 20th December 2022, 11:48   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
My Verna is in no state of driving and I'd have to spend at least 70k to make it road worthy. Hence the fast decision to buy a new car.
Perhaps you can rent a zoom car for a month and complete the purchase in the new year.
My 2 paisa
krinpit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 13:48   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Guys,

Today afternoon, my SA at the dealership called me and said that my Z4 was here, would I care to see it? Of course I would. Finally!!
How did you deal with the advance payment demand? I assume it went well. I am in no hurry, but if Sleeba Sons is stubborn about payment in advance, I need to look at alternate options.

Do keep us updated.
Old 21st December 2022, 21:59   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
How did you deal with the advance payment demand? I assume it went well. I am in no hurry, but if Sleeba Sons is stubborn about payment in advance, I need to look at alternate options.

Do keep us updated.
Yeah, sorry about the delay in response. So the next day was Sunday, and I along with my wifey, dad and my sis went to take a better look at the ScorpN. We reached there late in the afternoon, and our SA was there too, which I appreciated. He demoed the features to us, and everyone was very impressed. The only thing that I could say is not matching this price, are the plastics on the doorpads, handles and he arm rest. The seats felt nice and supportive, the steering is adjustable for reach, and for short folks like us, even the third row was somewhat comfy. I had a chance to take a good look, and didn't find any faults. Of course, my PDI of the mechanical parts was limited to moving it forward and back a bit, as it was locked in by the other cars.

I was ready to pay the margin amount, but their finance department was not open, and I'd have to return the next day, as I was planning on swiping it on my card. Just in case someone didn't know, you can get almost 40 days of free credit on your card. If your statement is generated on the 15th Dec, for example, and you make a purchase on your card on the 17th Dec, the statement for that purchase won't be generated till 16th January. And the due date for that statement will most likely be in the first week of February, which gives you almost 45 days to pay, without additional charges. The caveat though is that if your card limit utilization goes above 75%, your CIBIL will be affected. But you can get around that by splitting across multiple cards if you have them.

I had a discussion with another acquaintance who works at a Mahindra dealership, and they confirmed that Mahindra was requiring dealerships to complete the payment before billing the vehicle to them, which is required for registration. In any case, I didn't want to delay the delivery any further, now that I had seen the vehicle and was satisfied with it.

So on Monday I arranged with the bank to disburse the loan of 15L the same day and paid 3.5L via card. What was left was insurance, and ext warranty and accessories. I decided not to take the ext warranty right now. I said I'd discuss about the accessories later. They didn't force me to take any Ext Warranty or accessories. There was an RSA subscription of about Rs. 2K, which I included, as it is a new vehicle, and a somewhat complicated BS6 diesel.

So here are some pics I took at the dealership:

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_20221219_100130925.jpg
That's me.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_20221219_092937562.jpg
My car is just where I left it...

And here are some pics of a Z8L looking resplendent in Royal Gold. This is the classiest shade of them all, IMO. Reminds me of the old LCs and Lexuses (Lexi??) that used to come in this shade in the 90s and early 2000s.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_20221219_093013302_hdr.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_20221219_092953001_hdr.jpg

The very nice and polite lady staff who was dealing with the insurance initially offered a quote of Rs. 68k from Reliance with Return to Invoice, Nil dep, engine/tyre protection, consumables and even PA cover of 1 lac for each passenger, with my 50% NCB from my previous car. Folks, if you're selling a car and replacing it within a year, it is always advisable to get an NCB certificate, especially if you have an NCB bonus on your old car. I presented my quote from PolicyBazaar of Rs. 48K and set that as the base point for bargaining. I could have taken the Policybazaar policy (United Insurance) right then, but I decided to stick to the dealer if I could because of the ease of claims, and also because it is a new model and parts availability might be an issue for some time. I also got a quote from my earlier insurer for my old Ecosport. They offered a lower quote than the dealership but it was still about 8k more than Policybazaar. Finally the dealership came through and gave me a last quote of 54K. I have agreed to it. Due to this drama, the registration has been delayed by a couple days.

So that's the update. Registration process will be started tomorrow, and since the dealership is not allowed to hand over the vehicle to me without the number plate, it will take a couple of days. With Christmas holidays in between, I have been told to expect delivery mid-next-week. If all goes to plan then I'll see you all then with my new baby.
vivekgk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 12:22   #1004

Sir when did you book the vehicle? Did the vehicle reach the showroom earlier than estimated timeline? My Z4 D AT is showing Nov 2024 🥲 (booked on Oct 8th from Eram Motors Thrissur) . I'm hoping that it won't take that long and I would be able to take delivery by end of 2023. Should I stick on with the booking? I'm also considering Gen 2 Fortuner AT.
Old 22nd December 2022, 20:30   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Perhaps you can rent a zoom car for a month and complete the purchase in the new year.
My 2 paisa
Many manufacturers increase prices in January and looking at the xuv700 price increase I want to buy the car ASAP.

But I don't think these morons at different Mahindra dealership will give me a chance to buy the car.
Advisor came today for loan process and I saw the ex showroom price was 20k more and when I asked him he said " Yes saar, 6 seater is 20k costlier" I told him what 6S? I never asked for a 6S car.
Afterwards he suggested to buy a 6S Or a 4*4. I told him to return my booking amount if he can't arrange the car this week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks