Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 12:48   #1081
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
Hello - Yes i have installed DDPAI Mola N3 Pro Dashcam in my Scorpio N ( not hardwired). Had to use the only USB port below the infotainment Unit to power the dashcam ( front and back).
Hello. Can you post some pictures of the install. Did you use a USB A Male to 12 V socket converter like the one in the picture below?
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20230124124610_amazon.jpg  

Old 29th January 2023, 00:46   #1082
BHPian

There are no delivery updates about the Z8/4WD at all. Its like this variant is just left away somewhere in the dust, sidelined and ignored.

Anyone else wondering the same or rather, shares the same frustration?

Same June 2023 date showing up on the tracking portal, by the way.
Old 29th January 2023, 14:08   #1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerated View Post
There are no delivery updates about the Z8/4WD at all. Its like this variant is just left away somewhere in the dust, sidelined and ignored.

Same June 2023 date showing up on the tracking portal, by the way.
Agreed Brother. When Z8Ls rolled out i was rather happy that post Z8L's, Z8 would be prioritized since it brings in more cashflows. But still no sign of Z8s. Not even seen a single PDI video out. Really keeps me pondering what is Mahindra Manufacturing then? Are they trying to push XUV 700's? Its been almost 5 to 6 months. Those who wanted to convert have already converted to Z8L. Now if Z4s are also overstocked like Z8L's people may downgrade too which is not a good sign for M&M. I also gave a thought to upgrade from Z8 D Manual to Z8L Diesel Manual but the options available here in Mumbai were Automatic which was roughly 5 Lac above my already booked vehicle so didnt proceed. Just hope they give some information on their production line soon. Atleast for Introductory bookings.
Old 29th January 2023, 17:06   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandar_saraf View Post
Those who wanted to convert have already converted to Z8L...
From my limited interaction, not even Z8L's are freely available now. I inquired about any Z8L manual (any fuel type) for a senior colleague. But none is available around here just like you said. I think M&M will try their best to honor the timeline mentioned in the tracking. My Z4 was delivered 5 days before the deadline mentioned in the website.

Wait if you can wait. With the number of new bookings every month, I don't think the availability will get any better until the new manufacturing capacity being added becomes operational in end 2024.
Old 31st January 2023, 11:33   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerated View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandar_saraf View Post
Agreed Brother. When Z8Ls rolled out i was rather happy that post Z8L's, Z8 would be prioritized since it brings in more cashflows. But still no sign of Z8s. Not even seen a single PDI video out. Really keeps me pondering what is Mahindra Manufacturing then? Are they trying to push XUV 700's? Its been almost 5 to 6 months. Those who wanted to convert have already converted to Z8L.
All Z8 subscribers are in the same boat including me. I tried to assess the situation and also if I can get delivery of my Z8 any time soon. Dejected by the fact that MnM has no empathy with their customers besides doing business in pure practical way. I even thought of converting to Z8L, but I didn't see much value in upgrading considering the additional Rs. 2 Lakhs. Z8Ls were available till the new year time with local dealers/ MnM was shipping on requests of upgradation.

Yesterday one of my friend's friend working in MnM in some other Department of Chakan Plant (not working on N) informed that he could see so many Ns parked in the plant area, however seemingly there is some semiconductor component delayed which is delaying the deliveries.

My introductory priced Z8 D AT 4WD was initially showing 21 March- April. Now showing, 28th April- May 23. Frustration is mounting.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 31st January 2023 at 11:35. Reason: added details.
Old 31st January 2023, 23:44   #1086
GKU
BHPian

Upon converting my booking to Z8L D MT , I had received an email directly from Mahindra(Which I missed earlier) with booking docket which mentions delivery date as 2nd March 2023.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20230131-11.23.30-pm.png

However, the email I received from dealer says 70 -75 weeks. Not sure which one to believe.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20230131-11.24.11-pm.png

Verbally dealer is giving me an indication that Z8L can come in 2 to 3 months. Strange thing is no tracking is available for my fresh booking(Z8L) and old booking status says initiated cancellation.

I happened to check with other dealers in Bangalore, one of them has directly sent me list of vehicles in their stockyard which I can pick immediately. None of them in color /engine of my choice.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img20230121wa0001.jpg
GKU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 00:55   #1087
BHPian

95 weeks waiting period? I guess I never knew how lucky I was to get my Z4 earlier than the promised date. In a recent 150km trip I took, I saw just 3 other ScorpioNs, and they were all Z8L automatics (guessing because they had 18 inch alloys). Haven't seen a manual model other than the dealer vehicles. Even the XUV700s are still a rare sight, especially the lower variants.

There was some news in November about Mahindra increasing production capacity by 20k units per month. But that is to be expected by Jan-March 2024 only.

However, it is very disappointing that Mahindra is making the Z2, Z6 and Z8 buyers wait so much. I hope they don't postpone the delivery dates any further.
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:14   #1088
BHPian

A number of YouTube videos are claiming commencement of Z6 deliveries. Anyone in TBhp has got it?
Old 2nd February 2023, 16:47   #1089
GKU
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
A number of YouTube videos are claiming commencement of Z6 deliveries. Anyone in TBhp has got it?
Many videos as misleading , they are talking about Z6/Z8 but actual vehicle is either Z8L or Z4. at least I have not seen any actual Scorpio N in any other variant other than Z4 or Z8L.

Has anyone seen/took delivery of Z8L Diesel Manual 2 wheel drive variant ?
GKU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 05:37   #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
The GM of my booking's dealership is our family friend from many years, so he showed the excel sheet which Mahindra sends to dealership on daily basis. According to that sheet my Z6 D MT is first to be issued to the dealership and the invoicing date is 19th Feb 2023. To add the delivery date which I can see on the Tracking page is 6th March to 5th April 2023 from day 1. So I'm very positive that we'll start seeing Z6s and Z8s on roads by last week of Feb or 1st week of March. Few more days to go.
itisparas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 10:07   #1091

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_goel View Post
Background: I booked Z4 D AT via dealer (India Garage, WF, BLR) on 30 July. Did not get the offer price. On the website, the delivery date was showing Sept-Oct 2023.

On 10 Jan, I got a call from the dealership asking to confirm if I planned to take the delivery. I checked the website and now it shows a planned delivery date of 07 Feb - 23 Feb.

When I checked with the SA, he was not clear on either the call or the change in dates. The call to Mahindra Customer Care was pointless. They just read out the same status.

I have some key events planned for Feb. Now, I am wondering if I need to fit in a possible delivery of my Scorpio as well.

Is anyone else facing the same scenario? Feedback is welcome
Update: Got the delivery of my Scorpio N Z4 D AT Red Rage on 05 Feb 2023.

The delivery experience was nothing good/ bad.

Initial impressions are the same as that of the test drive - sitting on the first floor
sa_goel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 13:46   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_goel View Post
Update: Got the delivery of my Scorpio N Z4 D AT Red Rage on 05 Feb 2023.

The delivery experience was nothing good/ bad.

Initial impressions are the same as that of the test drive - sitting on the first floor
You have mentioned in earlier post that you did not get introductory price. How much extra did you have to pay if at all?
Old 12th February 2023, 17:38   #1093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
You have mentioned in earlier post that you did not get introductory price. How much extra did you have to pay if at all?
Base+ TCS+RTO+FASTag+Insurance
Initial quote was 1594999+15450+303639+600+81345 =19,96,033
Landed cost is 1670199+ 16701+317830+600+63744 = 20,69,074

Total difference = 73,041.
Note: 17.5K saved by bargaining on insurance
sa_goel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 23:18   #1094
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,
I need your valuable inputs/Suggestions here.

Situation:
I am currently waiting for my Z6 MT delivery. Tentative delivery timeline March-April.

Booking dealership is in Dehradun, but I am now in Bangalore (owing to professional commitments).

I am thinking of driving the N from Dehradun to Bangalore rather than shipping through a transport agency because:
1. Dents and scratches during transporting
2. Rough handling of new car by transport agents
3. It is economical (even after fuel cost, overnight stays and ~6k in toll tax)

Is it advisable to drive a brand new Diesel car over such long distances?

Do I have the option to migrate dealership to a Bengaluru based one (though I want to avoid this because of higher taxes in Karnataka)?

TIA!
mnautss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 23:40   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
Fellow BHPians,
I need your valuable inputs/Suggestions here.

Situation:
I am currently waiting for my Z6 MT delivery. Tentative delivery timeline March-April.

Booking dealership is in Dehradun, but I am now in Bangalore (owing to professional commitments).

I am thinking of driving the N from Dehradun to Bangalore rather than shipping through a transport agency because:
1. Dents and scratches during transporting
2. Rough handling of new car by transport agents
3. It is economical (even after fuel cost, overnight stays and ~6k in toll tax)

Is it advisable to drive a brand new Diesel car over such long distances?

Do I have the option to migrate dealership to a Bengaluru based one (though I want to avoid this because of higher taxes in Karnataka)?

TIA!
Any existing owner of the car can check the user manual and confirm your query. Some car manufacturers recommend easy driving for first 1000 KMs but not applicable to all cars.

Bangalore traffic police is notorious for starting drives where they pick up other state cars and make them pay road tax although I have not seen such a drive since covid struck. But if such a thing starts again in future you will have to pay tax and the amount will be huge.

Keep these things in mind and take a informed decision.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks