Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2022, 11:57   #1036
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

It is hard plastic. The stitching is just an effect. However it looks very realistic when properly dressed up in polish. Several of my friends had to press it to make sure that it wasn't leather.[/quote]

Indeed. Even that stitching is illusory
Old 31st December 2022, 13:57   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Finally, I am now the proud owner of Big Daddy...

I had also bought these wheel caps from Amazon. They look like the alloys that are standard for the Kia Seltos GT Line, and look really nice on the Scorpio.
Congratulations on getting your big daddy!
I liked the wheel caps you chose. They look great on the beast.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 20:02   #1038
BHPian

Here in Mumbai, there is apparently Z8 L 2WD readily available in mutiple colors due to cancellations.
Old 31st December 2022, 20:22   #1039

Hi, this is my first post on the forum,and my membership has been just approved by the esteemed moderators.I have also booked Scorpio Z4 D AT. After evaluating the various models of the Scorpion N ,I am of the opinion that the Z4 AT model is the most value for money,apart from the Z8.It provides all the basic features without complicated electronics.

When i enquired with the dealership, i was assured that i might get the vehicle within four months.I have all the finances ready to purchase the vehicle,informed the delearship that I am not particular about any color.Hoping that it will all workout in the new year.

Wishing everybody out there,A Happy New Year 2023.
Cloudfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 09:27   #1040
BHPian

I have started thinking of looking for alternatives as there is no way I can wait 2 years. Can someone recommend any alternatives? For me, the need is - 7 seater, Automatic, Petrol, Safety airbags is primary. XUV 700 is an alternative too but that has similar wait time. May be I go with Kia or Maruti.[/quote]

Just don't. I hate to say it but MG Hector can be looked at as it has proven to be safer than Kia and Maruti at least. I don't support the brand because of its roots but anyways, there performance can't be ignored. Then if you don't want to support the Chinese, look at Safari albeit diesel, if you can bear it or just wait for the facelifts because they are expected to be in petrol as well and waiting for that is less as compared to your hand-crafted Mahindra ().

Mahindra demands are not only benefitting Mahindra but also Tata as a trickle down effect, and waiting for the Safari face-lift might solve many issues or lack of stuff that people complain of currently.
Old 2nd January 2023, 09:47   #1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
I recieved mail from dealership for delivery of Z8 4WD AT on 17th Jan. Last update when tracker was working was from 20th Feb to 20th Mar 2023. Let's see whether it happens as per latest update or not.
Wow thats really good news. Looks like Z8 is been put to production post Z4. Great news
mandar_saraf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:38   #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
Same happened with my friend, he got to know from the refund message (bank)

Also, track my order is not visible for my booking
This happened to me and I emailed Ms Asha Kharga, the head CRM of Mahindra at the id: kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com.

I was contacted by an ASM who confirmed that this was done by the showroom and Mahindra would be working with the showroom to set it right. Hope this helps you guys!
Somas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 19:17   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
I recieved mail from dealership for delivery of Z8 4WD AT on 17th Jan. Last update when tracker was working was from 20th Feb to 20th Mar 2023. Let's see whether it happens as per latest update or not.
Any other Z8 (4WD/MT/AT/2WD )guys who have received communication for the same? The website stopped showing details long time back and now it is more like looking in the dark with no info from anywhere at all
Old 5th January 2023, 00:07   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error402 View Post
I have started thinking of looking for alternatives as there is no way I can wait 2 years. Can someone recommend any alternatives? For me, the need is - 7 seater, Automatic, Petrol, Safety airbags is primary. XUV 700 is an alternative too but that has similar wait time. May be I go with Kia or Maruti.
I have test driven the Harrier, Hector and the XUV, and somehow the ScorpioN connected to me the most. Keen drivers might like the XUV better, but I feel that the driving position of the Scorpio and the RWD gives it a different character.

Please take detailed test drives before finalizing. I think the waiting times will come down as the fake bookings are caught and eliminated, and the Z8L becomes overstocked. Ultimately there are only so many customers who want a ScorpioN and have the money to buy the Z8L with wherever accessories the dealer forces on them.

If I had been told that the waiting period would be till 2024, I would have reconsidered alternatives to. In fact, I had booked two other vehicles as alternatives, which I am just now in the process of cancelling.

As for choosing one from the alternatives, finalize what your priorities are. Looks, engine, fuel, transmission, comfort, handling etc.
vivekgk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 08:47   #1045
BHPian

Thnx for the reply Vivek. I just realized that I half quoted the comment which made it look like mine. But I was actually replying to another fellow member. My reply : after the quoted paragraph. Thanks for the insight though, still helped me.
Old 5th January 2023, 11:29   #1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Any other Z8 (4WD/MT/AT/2WD )guys who have received communication for the same? The website stopped showing details long time back and now it is more like looking in the dark with no info from anywhere at all
I received a call from dealer in Mumbai yesterday regarding my Z8 D AT 2WD reiterating the same timeline of 28th Feb to 30th March 2023 for delivery as mentioned on the portal previously but got a sense from them that it could be much sooner.
intrepid86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 15:22   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Got a call from my dealer this morning, delivery date unchanged, 20March-20April timeline for my Z8 Petrol MT.

At the moment they have no idea if delivery might be preponed or postponed.
Gaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 21:58   #1048
BHPian

My friend was keen on booking a Scorpio N (2WD 7 Seater, Z8L Automatic, white), but was told of a wait time of more than 8 months over the phone. I will not mention the dealer but once he met the sales person face to face and mentioned that he would would buy the car without loan and the payment will be made in a week, the wait time came down to less than a month! The best(probably worst) part was, I used one of my contacts and met another dealer who was ready to deliver him the car the next day, yes, you read it right, next day, if the payment was done immediately. I believe Mahindra knows all this and is taking most people for a ride with crazy wait times. And after test driving it, it's not worth the money and wait time(forget that long), but that's just my opinion. Same story for XUV700 too!
shivasuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 12:48   #1049

Hi Shiva, can you please elaborate more on "it's not worth the money and wait time", i have been waiting for my Z8 AT petrol and did not find any other competing vehicle with similar feature in that price range. (Safari goes up to 29L and Carens does not have that driving feel to it)

Would appreciate your response as it would help many people like me to move forward.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
My friend was keen on booking a Scorpio N (2WD 7 Seater, Z8L Automatic, white), but was told of a wait time of more than 8 months over the phone. I will not mention the dealer but once he met the sales person face to face and mentioned that he would would buy the car without loan and the payment will be made in a week, the wait time came down to less than a month! The best(probably worst) part was, I used one of my contacts and met another dealer who was ready to deliver him the car the next day, yes, you read it right, next day, if the payment was done immediately. I believe Mahindra knows all this and is taking most people for a ride with crazy wait times. And after test driving it, it's not worth the money and wait time(forget that long), but that's just my opinion. Same story for XUV700 too!
IdreamIdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 14:28   #1050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdreamIdo View Post
Hi Shiva, can you please elaborate more on "it's not worth the money and wait time", i have been waiting for my Z8 AT petrol and did not find any other competing vehicle with similar feature in that price range. (Safari goes up to 29L and Carens does not have that driving feel to it)

Would appreciate your response as it would help many people like me to move forward.

Thanks.
While there are some color\ variant combinations that could be readily available , for the most part there is waiting period of some kind.

As per the latest interview of Mr. Velu from Mahindra, XUV7OO and ScorpioN are having around 11000 bookings per month. Scorpio Classic is around 8000 bookings per month and Thar around 4-5000 bookings per month.

Their current capacity is only to produce 6000 per month, they are planning to increase it to 10,000 per month soon, so you may see the wait times reduce.

Makes one wonder why so many are booking and waiting if there are decent alternatives available, Well there is none.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks