Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2023, 15:12   #1111

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I have a slightly earlier dates than yours for Z8 but have not received any communication whatsoever.

Not sure what is happening and how we can get a real picture of when delivery will happen
Same waiting pain with me as well, SA earlier said that the CPD was mid-Feb and at the end of Jan he said CPD moved to Apr 17th. On the portal, delivery is shown between March 19 - Apr 18. I hope Mahindra will live up to the word and deliver the vehicle in the promised period.
Old 28th February 2023, 09:23   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midhun1313 View Post
I had booked a Scorpio N Z6 MT with introductory prices applicable. My date of delivery is shown as March 13 - April 14 2023 in the tracking portal. But I got a call from the dealer yesterday saying that they could deliver the vehicle by 28th February and that the vehicle would ship from the plant by 24th. I hope it is true this time as they told me the same in December 2022. Did anyone else get such kind of an update ?
Have you heard from dealer after this?
Old 28th February 2023, 12:49   #1113
BHPian

I had booked Z4 Diesel AT last month and got a call yesterday from local M&M dealer saying, there a ScorpioN in transit and will be available to me in next 10 days. Because someone has cancelled his/her booking I got the allotment. I am surprise to get the vehicle so early which otherwise was 2 years away

peace
sulliavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:07   #1114
BHPian

Received an SMS yesterday that the revised timeline is now 2nd - 17th April. Earlier it was from 26 Feb - 28 March. The same has been updated on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
My booking was for Z8 4x4 AT, and it is scheduled for delivery in Feb end 2023.

krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 14:18   #1115
BHPian

Surprise Surprise!!!

It’s second time in a row Mahindra has pushed delivery date.

The original date was Jan, then it was changed to March and now May. ��

Mine is Z4 MT, booked On day 1 and minute 1 and people who did not know about Scorpio N, are owning one now.
Old 1st March 2023, 16:46   #1116
BHPian

Got a call today from Mahindra showroom, trying to push a few Z8L's they have in inventory, few of them 2023 make.
I did not check if they are quoting new prices or old ones.

My actual booking is a Z8 MT petrol, delivery date originally was 20march-20april few days back got pushed to 23april-23may.
Old 1st March 2023, 19:58   #1117
BHPian

Cancelled my Z8 Petrol AT booking. Got refund amount in 3 days flat (10% deduction). I have a date for Nov 2024, with no updates and no delivery of Z8 variants till now I decided to cancel it.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:06   #1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Have you heard from dealer after this?
Nope. I contacted the dealer and they said there was no update and it wont get delivered on 28th. I also have my delivery date now shifted from March 13th - April 14th to April 11th - May 12th.Frustrated, I talked to a Mahindra Executive (in the chat option in there site) but i wasn't satisfied with the chat, so he gave me a call to explain the situation and told me that Mahindra was not sending out any such information to the dealers regarding the early deliveries. He told me if any such updates happen, I would get it directly via mail or sms. I also expressed my concerns regarding the extension of delivery date . he told me the the 15-20 days delay was due to them incorporating changes for the new BS6 2.0 regulations. He claimed that not only Mahindra but all manufacturers are facing this issue. I really don't have any idea what to do. I booked the car thinking I would get that in 2022, now it's going to be almost the mid of 2023. I am thinking of cancelling now. I don't want to but it has been a lot psychologically.
Midhun1313 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:01   #1119
BHPian

Need a help/ opinion.

My Diesel Z4 AT with introductory price arrived in first week of December, 2022. However, I didn't take the vehicle and after reviewing my use-case and waiting time of 10 days the dealership allotted the vehicle to the next person on queue on basis of my consent email communication.

But I didn't cancel the booking on portal. Neither the dealership cancelled the booking from their side.

Today I opened the portal and I am able to see my booking with "introductory price" is still alive and the new date is between March-April, 2024.

My query is, if I continue with this booking and ultimately receive the Z4 AT in March-April, 2024; whether the price will remain introductory or it will be the current ex-showroom price? I understand rest of the charges and fees will be based on the current ex-showroom price. How about the vehicle price?
Old 2nd March 2023, 19:49   #1120
Distinguished - BHPian

If the previous car offered to you was the one designated for your own booking, you will not get price protection. But often, the dealership offers the car to next person in line with the same variant/colour choice if a buyer does not take delivery. So it.is possible the first car offered to you was not yours, but someone else's higher up in the waiting list. In this case, your refusal does not remove your Price protection, as you did not refuse your designated/allotted car.

Best way is to send an email to Mahindra customer care and double check.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:15   #1121

Anyone heard from the dealer about Z8 variant's deliveries? I just contacted my dealer and they are giving a date even further than Mahindra's portal.
PG03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 19:07   #1122

some background: I booked my Z8 AT (Forest green) on day 1 within 15 mins of booking opening, didn't get introductory price and the delivery date of May 23
I got a call from Silver Jubilee Motors Pune (dealer) yesterday, every time i get a call, it raises my hopes, but it was just a usual call to check whether i am keeping my booking (and not cancelling), they have done this check 4-5 times already. Not sure what Mahindra is thinking...keeping Z8 people waiting for so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG03 View Post
Anyone heard from the dealer about Z8 variant's deliveries? I just contacted my dealer and they are giving a date even further than Mahindra's portal.
IdreamIdo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 20:14   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
If the previous car offered to you was the one designated for your own booking, you will not get price protection. But often, the dealership offers the car to next person in line with the same variant/colour choice if a buyer does not take delivery.
Yeah here's my story.
1. Booking made for an xuv 700 day 1 evening offline with written and stamped signed price protection with the exact figure for an ax5 D MT... 15.6L.
2. Come delivery day a few months back, they said there's no price protection? The VIN was diverted to another buyer without written confirmation from me. That's life, eh?
3. I'm taking them to court. They've lost a bunch previously. This wouldn't be new.
4. Yesterday I logged in to find that my AX5 D MT has been converted to a BS6.2 *white* xuv. My original color was midnight blue. Delivery is far into the future.

Obviously, the dealers in the Mahindra scheme of things get a trump card over reality. Good that I met R. Velusami (no typos I hope, I am horrible at names) at MSPT and I have a direct line to him now, but Koncept Mahindra needs fixing regardless.

Wish you luck.

P. S. My scorpios are booked with Harbir in chandigarh. The dates are vague. I should have got my Z6 D AT a month back. There's been no news. SMS or otherwise.

Last edited by wooka : 3rd March 2023 at 20:15. Reason: Z6
wooka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 13:02   #1124

Booked a Mahindra ScorpioN Z8 Petrol Manual on 18th August 2022. The original delivery date was Oct-Nov 2024. It later changed to Aug-Sept-2024.

With the latest update, it has been changed to Jan-Feb 2024. Looks like a large number of cancellations might speed up the deliveries.

Based on updates from the Owners group on Facebook, seems like the production is continuously going on for BS6 Phase 2 vehicles at the Chakan plant. However, the manufacturing capacity of Mahindra for passenger vehicles is extremely low as compared to the large number of bookings they have taken.

Waiting for the first batch of Z8 model to be delivered to the other buyers. Hopefully a lot of snags reported by existing owners will get fixed by that time.

Unfortunately, there is still no direct competition to the vehicle with this ride quality, street presence, power even after the price hikes.
Old 4th March 2023, 22:44   #1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midhun1313 View Post
Nope. I contacted the dealer and they said there was no update and it wont get delivered on 28th. I also have my delivery date now shifted from March 13th - April 14th to April 11th - May 12th.Frustrated, I talked to a Mahindra Executive (in the chat option in there site) but i wasn't satisfied with the chat, so he gave me a call to explain the situation and told me that Mahindra was not sending out any such information to the dealers regarding the early deliveries. He told me if any such updates happen, I would get it directly via mail or sms. I also expressed my concerns regarding the extension of delivery date . he told me the the 15-20 days delay was due to them incorporating changes for the new BS6 2.0 regulations. He claimed that not only Mahindra but all manufacturers are facing this issue. I really don't have any idea what to do. I booked the car thinking I would get that in 2022, now it's going to be almost the mid of 2023. I am thinking of cancelling now. I don't want to but it has been a lot psychologically.

I'm done. I am canceling my booking. I contacted A Tata dealership and their executive was really good. He promised that they can deliver the new Safari with the BS6 2.0 within 2 weeks. Unlike Mahindra they don't seem to have an issue with the manufacturing as claimed by the Mahindra representative. Going to go with a Safari XT+. Budget got extended but still I have peace of mind now. This was a great thread. Thank you guys for sharing the updates, it was really helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks