Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 11:43   #361

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Had booked a Black Z8L 4x4 at 11am on 30th June in Delhi. Payment went through at 11:48 AM. The delivery is scheduled for 26th of September. No inward communication from M&M or the dealer yet!
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpio-1.jpg  

Old 1st September 2022, 12:23   #362

I took am in the first 25k bookings for my Z8L D AT and have received a delivery date for 26th Sep - 11th Oct. Glad that i switched from Z8 to Z8L on the last day of allowed modifications (15th Aug).

Any recommendations on car detailing centers for PPF? I do not have a car park in my building and will be parking in the open outside my building.
Old 1st September 2022, 12:24   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
If Mahindra has decided the priority based on the margins they make per variant, does it mean they make more money on Z4s than the Z8 non-luxury variants?
It's probably to do with chipset availability. Z8L and Z8 would need the most number of modules, hence chipsets. It makes sense that with their current inventory of chipsets/modules, they decided to prioritize Z8Ls.

So it's Z8Ls >> variants with lower chipset requirement > Z8s

I have two bookings:
Z8 4x4 D-AT - Introductory pricing - ETA: April 2023
Z8L 4x4 D-AT - Non-Intro pricing (Missed by a whisker, booked at 11:15 on 30/07) - No ETA.

My bet is that the second one would arrive earlier.
nerd1200 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:46   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Another reason while a bit far fetched could be that Z4 actually competes with many other brands in 15-16 L (OTR) bracket and Mahindra may want to eat up that pie as well.
For me, at least, this holds true. I could never imagine that I'll be taking a TD and ultimately booking a Scorpio N! I am a budget category car user. However my current usage pattern is too risky for my 6 years old Swift, and AT requirement is due to knee problem.

A casual visit to a Mahindra dealership in my hometown and the brief TD changed it all. We do not see any value in top end Brezza (16.2 lakhs OTR) with very long waiting period for AT, Creta AT touching 20 lakhs, Skoda- a no go for reliability and usage pattern, Harrier- a perfect 5 seater but with issues I am not comfortable with (also AT price more than 20 lakhs) etc. And for about 1.5 lakhs more OTR (above 16 Lakhs OTR of the new Brezza); I get a proper powerful SUV with AT for Scorpio N.

Yes, I know my fuel expenses will just become double; and I can't enter the narrow streets of Delhi so easily. My friends and acquaintances say Scorpio N doesn't match with my personality! Usual story for the budget buyers, perhaps.

Last edited by RijuC : 1st September 2022 at 13:48.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 16:55   #365

Mahindra site is down.....
Old 1st September 2022, 17:28   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
For me, at least, this holds true. I could never imagine that I'll be taking a TD and ultimately booking a Scorpio N! I am a budget category car user. However my current usage pattern is too risky for my 6 years old Swift, and AT requirement is due to knee problem.
Aha! Interesting to see that there is some merit in the hypothesis. Thanks for sharing your input! Just a perspective on the personality bit you mentioned. I am also an engineer like you with lean, athletic frame and no moustache or rippling biceps if that is what you meant by that I have been driving scorpio for last 16 years and I can tell you this; once you get past the stereo type image of this vehicle and start looking at it like a SUV as it should be; moreover, once you start driving it; trust me you will not want anything else at least in the same price bucket. It just makes you feel so safe and in control and you drive straight when cars ahead of you are stopping or thinking of taking a U turn!!
alokk0912 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 18:59   #367
BHPian

I have received couple of calls from the dealer saying that the car will be delivered by end of this month. I was very happy to hear that. I asked the VIN number and found that the car is manufactured in August.

My question or doubt, did Mahindra start production of Scorpio N in August. The model that I have choosen is Z8 L D MT 4WD • Diesel • Manual.

The 12th position is 'H' that translates to August as per the "Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)" from team-bhp for Mahindra vehicles.

Now I am in doubt that if the dealer is trying to push a demo car.

Any thoughts from fellow team-bhp members.
Old 1st September 2022, 19:02   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyagaje View Post
I took am in the first 25k bookings for my Z8L D AT and have received a delivery date for 26th Sep - 11th Oct. Glad that i switched from Z8 to Z8L on the last day of allowed modifications (15th Aug).

Any recommendations on car detailing centers for PPF? I do not have a car park in my building and will be parking in the open outside my building.
Where do u reside in Mumbai ? South Mumbai has Ceramic Pro studio for PPF and Ceramic coating. Watch YT videos of their mumbai branch. If not ceramic pro, you can search for good detailers in Mumbai (would be plenty) but do get a PPF done.

Quote:
moreover, once you start driving it; trust me you will not want anything else at least in the same price bucket. It just makes you feel so safe and in control and you drive straight when cars ahead of you are stopping or thinking of taking a U turn!!
Same experience in Xylo…
When others are crawling at 10-20 speeds, you just whizz past then in 3rd gear too…and u’ll never want to come back to hatches or sedans once you start driving a BOF vehicle…
rahulya007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 19:26   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Aha! Interesting to see that there is some merit in the hypothesis. Thanks for sharing your input! Just a perspective on the personality bit you mentioned. I am also an engineer like you with lean, athletic frame and no moustache or rippling biceps if that is what you meant by that I have been driving scorpio for last 16 years and I can tell you this; once you get past the stereo type image of this vehicle and start looking at it like a SUV as it should be; moreover, once you start driving it; trust me you will not want anything else at least in the same price bucket. It just makes you feel so safe and in control and you drive straight when cars ahead of you are stopping or thinking of taking a U turn!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Where do u reside in Mumbai ? South Mumbai has Ceramic Pro studio for PPF and Ceramic coating. Watch YT videos of their mumbai branch. If not ceramic pro, you can search for good detailers in Mumbai (would be plenty) but do get a PPF done.

Same experience in Xylo…
When others are crawling at 10-20 speeds, you just whizz past then in 3rd gear too…and u’ll never want to come back to hatches or sedans once you start driving a BOF vehicle…
And here I am thinking to keep my Figo alongside the N. Probably the extreme sides of seat height
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 19:54   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Here is what I could collate from the information on this thread
Wow ! Majority of bookings are for the Z8/Z8L variants. Z6 are way lesser than the Z4.
Old 1st September 2022, 20:11   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I have received couple of calls from the dealer saying that the car will be delivered by end of this month. I was very happy to hear that. I asked the VIN number and found that the car is manufactured in August.
Do the dealers have this level of information with them already? My dealer still denies having any info about vehicle delivery. He has till now, only confirmed that I have a booking in the first 25000.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 20:34   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Do the dealers have this level of information with them already? My dealer still denies having any info about vehicle delivery. He has till now, only confirmed that I have a booking in the first 25000.
Same here. I called up my dealer today and he confirmed that he has the list and my name is there. However, exact delivery dates will be known after 10th september.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 20:52   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they gave me chasis number also. That's what makes me suspicious, because after seeing GTO's thread where the dealers are pushing demo cars to the customer. I am very skeptical here.
sabsubs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 20:57   #374
BHPian

I have a booking within the 25k. Expected delivery date is showing up as March 23 - April 22nd. Z8 Diesel MT 4X2 Napoli Black.
Old 1st September 2022, 21:10   #375
BHPian

Here's my booking status. Earlier than expected. I had planned for March-April.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpio-booking.jpg

And here's what I plan for the look...

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpionexteriorrightsideview-black2.jpg
vivekgk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks