Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 22:24   #316
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
What I found with th booking experience of the XUV700 is that M&M tends to under-promise and over-deliver, i.e, the vehicles may be delivered far earlier than the promise dates.
Any insight, how much earlier XUV was delivered from the promised date? There may be more cancellations in case of Scorpio N, as there were people seating on fence with dual bookings of N and XUV, learning about waiting period in N, they may cancel N rather than XUV (WISHFUL THINKING) I expect early delivery may be in December. But that will be painful considering change of calendar year.
Old 30th August 2022, 22:26   #317
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Price protected, but June 2023 delivery!
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_20220830_222842.jpg  

Last edited by Upgrade : 30th August 2022 at 22:30.
Upgrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 23:52   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhingrasud View Post
Can those of us whose Scorpio N delivery dates are in 2023 request for change in variant/colour/dealers? I guess, it should be fair for geniune customers like us who are waiting eagerly for their deliveries and have been disappointed with 2023 dates!
Unfortunately not possible. Any change now puts you at the beginning of the entire process and the clock starts again.
Old 30th August 2022, 23:55   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Any insight, how much earlier XUV was delivered from the promised date? There may be more cancellations in case of Scorpio N, as there were people seating on fence with dual bookings of N and XUV, learning about waiting period in N, they may cancel N rather than XUV (WISHFUL THINKING) I expect early delivery may be in December. But that will be painful considering change of calendar year.
XUV700 was booked on October 7th 2021, the first day bookings opened. The initial delivery date projected was in June/July2022. In Feb 2022, a previous customer cancelled and they checked if I wanted to take their car. I declined as I had put funds in FDs with June maturity. My own car then came by March 2002 end (3-4 months early). Again I could not take delivery due to overseas trip. I lost the allocation and introductory price at that point due to unexpectedly early delivery and not being in a position to change my timing for taking delivery, and cancelled the booking.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 30th August 2022 at 23:57.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 00:11   #320
BHPian

I am actually and relieved that First of my two Scorpio N Bookings (within first 25 K bookings at introductory price) for a Z8 D AT 4x4 Napoli Black, on Mahindra's website has been updated with Estimated Date of Delivery in Mar-Apr 2023!!

Look at it this way. Why be Mahindra's First lot of Guinea �� Beta Test Customers? By the time my turn comes up, ALL the initial teething problems and niggles and issues of the vehicle will get ironed out and we will have enough genuine ownership experiences of the vehicle's performance under actual conditions available, to help us reach a more informed decision!
And best part is its with Price Protection of Introductory Price!! Also, the Registration Year will be 2023 and not 2022!

Further, one will have the Flexibility to evaluate Body on Frame' 5 Door variants of three New SUVs expected to be launched in Indian market in First Quarter of 2023 - Thar, Gurkha and Jimny and then make the final decision as to which of the four fits closest to one's use case and requirements.

On this initial niggles issues, it is worth noting that Mahindra has had to recall even it's flagship XUV 700 three times for serious issues within first Three months itself!

https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-xuv7...ll-in-1-month/
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220830125133_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by theZULU : 31st August 2022 at 00:28. Reason: Typos
theZULU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 00:29   #321
BHPian

I have a Z8 Diesel MT 4WD booking. But it is not within the first 25K booking. Although the tracking tab has appeared but it does not show any dates.
It just shows booking complete and nothing else. There is no mention of booking dates. I think Z8 bookings are completely ignored if they are outside they first 25K. M&M might be currently focusing on Z8L deliveries.
Old 31st August 2022, 01:13   #322
BHPian

Is there an option to cancel the booking?
Tried searching, unable to see one .
Old 31st August 2022, 06:50   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixInRising View Post
I have a Z8 Diesel MT 4WD booking. But it is not within the first 25K booking. Although the tracking tab has appeared but it does not show any dates.
Mahindra has announced delivery timelines only for the first 25000 bookings. Dates for all bookings outside of the first 25000 will be announced within 10 days (per Mahindra's Press Release).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Is there an option to cancel the booking?
Tried searching, unable to see one .
A booking cancellation option will be available from September 2. See this response from Mahindra Customer Care on Twitter:
Attached Images

Last edited by acquillew : 31st August 2022 at 07:20.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 07:26   #324
BHPian

Is there a chance that delivery dates will be preponed once cancellations start?
Old 31st August 2022, 07:46   #325
SDK
BHPian

Can I register the vehicle in the name of my wife even though the booking was done in my name? Will this be allowed by Mahindra/dealer ?

Couple of reasons for doing this:
- In Telangana there is 2% extra road tax if you already have a 2/4 wheeler registered on your name. Existing car is registered in my name and I don't think I can sell it and get the ownership transferred before taking delivery of ScorpioN.
- Secondly, wife being a bank employee, will be able to get the car loan at preferential interest rates without any foreclosure charges.
Old 31st August 2022, 07:54   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Can I register the vehicle in the name of my wife even though the booking was done in my name? Will this be allowed by Mahindra/dealer ?
Yes, you can do that. I would recommend talking to the dealer at the earliest and letting them know. I have a similar situation and will be registering the car in my wife's name most probably. The dealer here in Ahmedabad agreed immediately.
Old 31st August 2022, 08:11   #327
BHPian

Quote:

Couple of reasons for doing this:
- In Telangana there is 2% extra road tax if you already have a 2/4 wheeler registered on your name. Existing car is registered in my name and I don't think I can sell it and get the ownership transferred before taking delivery of ScorpioN.
- Secondly, wife being a bank employee, will be able to get the car loan at preferential interest rates without any foreclosure charges.
Definitely possible. You just need a ID (like passport) with both your names and it will be done
Old 31st August 2022, 09:08   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I lost the allocation and introductory price at that point due to unexpectedly early delivery and not being in a position to change my timing for taking delivery, and cancelled the booking.
That is what is called a sad ending of XUV story. It hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theZULU View Post
I am actually and relieved that First of my two Scorpio N Bookings (within first 25 K bookings at introductory price) for a Z8 D AT 4x4 Napoli Black, on Mahindra's website has been updated with Estimated Date of Delivery in Mar-Apr 2023!!
By all means, the car mostly be delivered 2-3 months earlier. So it may be possible that March delivery is preponed in December, and that will hurt more. See the above post from 84.monsoon. I have the same delivery date as March 23.

Thar/gurkha are bare bone in their current versions. IMO, there will not be as many creature comforts added to Thar to compete with Scorpio N , similar to what they did by eliminating features from XUV to scorpio n. Gurkha in five door reminds me of Trax taxi so I wont even check out. Jimny is bound to be underpowered going by MS standards. Period.

On niggles front, XUV recall even after 6/7 months will not give any comfort to those with scheduled deliveries in March. IMO, Vehicle manufacturers do not check vendor supplied parts in order to avoid rejection/delay/ manpower requirements at their own plant. Instead they get the QC checked product from supplier. Hence there are failures of some batches of vehicles. This can and keeps happening in old established vehicles globally. I am just hoping, seeing at the testing Scorpio N has gone for, there should be minimum mechanical niggles.
It is only fair that MnM should have aligned the production more towards the sequence of booking as per variants in first 25K instead of prioritising only Z8L. At least they could have tried, but they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Is there a chance that delivery dates will be preponed once cancellations start?
Yes. It is bound to happen, go through 84.monsoon's post above.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 31st August 2022 at 09:13.
rooster.ram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 11:07   #329
BHPian

Quote:
This is definitely possible. Please approach the dealership or talk to your SA. I had raised the same point with the SA here, early last month when submitting the KYC documents. His response was in positive citing that booking can be transferred to immediate family members. You need to submit documents to establish the relationship.
I think this must be a policy laid down by M&M, though not sure about that. I will try checking by calling the customer care.
Old 31st August 2022, 11:36   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Only possible reason why MnM has given such skewed variants production is because they do not have enough semiconductors sensors for producing Z6/Z8s. Hence they are producing Z8Ls with whatever little stock of semiconductors and after exhausting that capacity they are producing variants which require no sensors/semiconductors.

Whatever Veejay Nakra talked about ramped up production, stocks being built up based on learning from XUV 700 etc was just a pep-talk and does not hold any relevance in real world Mahindra.
That's the best possible rationale we can expect for now.
However, I sometimes find it strange that competitors are churning out more vehicles per month than MnM with high tech features requiring semiconductors. In this game, size of the car is less relevant than the semiconductor dependent features and in that sense, I still believe MnM can do much better in resolving their SC issue (assuming it is the primary bottleneck affecting their production capacity).

Based on reviews until now, it seems the priority is in the following order:
Z8L > Z4 > Z2 > Z6 > Z8

All Z8L under 25k to be divered by end of November - According to press release. Assuming 6k prod capacity p.m. (and translating it to sales figures at par), it means total 7k (first 10 days) + 4k (October remaining) + 6k (November) = 17k deliveries by end of November.
So that's the tentative Z8L figures under 25k?
Only 8k bookings for ALL remaining variants? Hard to believe. Even so, a Z8 under 25k taking yet another 7 months to be manufactured and delivered in June 2023??? (Quoting a post above).
What about the breakup of bookings between 25k to 1lakh. What will MnM manufacture between December and June if they don't even have enough semiconductors to produce residual Z6 and Z8 in the 25k bookings? There has to be something else at play.

My Z6 MT Black is scheduled for March-April 2023.

Most probably, it will be preponed to ~January and that will be an even worse situation to be in. Waiting 6 months and then getting a 2022 manufactured car is kind of disappointing.

A friend booked XUV700 AX7 in October 2021, got delivery timeline for March 2022 but got delivery in January.

I am expecting decent cancellations because of lots of spam bookings currently in place (double bookings, YT influencers booking, bookings done in the euphoria just to reserve the car irrespective of whether people really need a Scorpio-N, etc.)

Let's see how it all pans out eventually.
mnautss is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks