Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2022, 22:11   #421

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Also, Please add mine ZD 8L D MT to the list. Delivery date on the tracking portal is 26th Sept. But theres no update from the dealer yet.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpion-booking.png
scorpio-n- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 22:36   #422

Also, the delivery timeline for my Z8 Diesel AT Napoli Black is 28th Feb. to 30th March.

The press release a day prior to announcement of delivery timeline specifically mentioned that Z8L from first 25000 bookings would be given delivery preference but basing on few posts on this forum, even the non introductory price Z8L are getting the same timeline as introductory ones.

But, still with 10k delivery in first 10 days and then 6k average delivery rate per month there would be more than 60k vehicles which would be delivered by June 2023, which is the delivery date for few Z8 introductory models. Could not comprehend June 2023 delivery timeline.
Old 5th September 2022, 23:10   #423
BHPian

Z8L manufacturing priority was announced from the early stages but absolute Z8L priority was not expected.
It seems like M&M is producing only Z8Ls now.
Nothing else.
That explains how many non-price protected bookings are also getting Early October delivery dates. Whats the use of all the headache and time invested by few guys to get introductory price for Z8L.
Whereas some other guy who just casually booked a Z8L and will receive their ScorpioN at pretty much the same time before price hike if lucky.
Orelse maybe Mahindra planning for a price hike next month.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 5th September 2022 at 23:12.
dr_TJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 23:48   #424
BHPian

Z6 D AT Silver. Booked via Dealer.
Estimated delivery May-June 23.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220903012934_chrome01.jpeg
Old 6th September 2022, 07:30   #425
BHPian

Just stating it for data collection & analysis.

Z8 G AT • Petrol • Automatic • DEEP FOREST
Delivery 13th Aug-12th Sep 2023
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 08:29   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Just stating it for data collection & analysis.

Z8 G AT • Petrol • Automatic • DEEP FOREST
Delivery 13th Aug-12th Sep 2023
Is it under price protection ?If so then it’s the first time I am seeing such a late delivery under price protection.

I think mahindra won’t disappoint dealers . Non introductory booking at dealer level is definitely going to overlap with introductory delivery timelines.
Old 6th September 2022, 08:30   #427

Z2 Black

Delivered date Nov - Dec 2023
micky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 10:28   #428
BHPian

I see delivery date of 8th Jan-7th Feb 2023 for Z8L D AT 4x4 Dazzling Silver (non introductory)
Old 6th September 2022, 10:30   #429

It seems today Mahindra has shared the delivery timelines for the vehicles outside of price protection.
I had booked Z8 D AT 4*4 through the dealer from Alappuzha on July 30th, but couldn't get into the price protection bracket. The current timeline shared is between 7th Aug and 6th September 2023.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpionbooking.png  

Old 6th September 2022, 10:36   #430
BHPian

Booked Z8L Petrol AT Deep Forest, 30 Jul 11:07 AM, by dealer, non-intro pricing

Delivery Date 11 Dec 2022 - 10 Jan 2023
Old 6th September 2022, 10:46   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh001 View Post
Is it under price protection ?If so then it’s the first time I am seeing such a late delivery under price protection.

I think mahindra won’t disappoint dealers . Non introductory booking at dealer level is definitely going to overlap with introductory delivery timelines.
Unfortunately, no intro pricing. The booking was done through the dealer. The date is a joke (more so for a Z8 Petrol variant). I am expecting my XUV to be delivered earlier and will drop the -N eventually.

Lessons learnt: If one is very serious about the purchase, in this "fastest fingers contest", he/she should book in parallel through all possible avenues (Online xN, Dealer xN to get lucky). Based on your (informed / dilema) variant preference and the company's hint on production priorities (e.g., Z8L case), the "N" multiplier can be decided.

I hear few members say, "Didn't I say so, already?".

Last edited by haribalram : 6th September 2022 at 10:48.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 11:03   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish6474 View Post
I booked the Z8L D AT 6STR White. My booking is not price protected. No updates on the delivery tracker so far. Did any of the members who booked the 6STR version get an update on their tentative delivery.
My booking page was updated when I checked this morning .

Z8L D AT; 6 STR; Everest White; Non-intro pricing
Delivery: 25th Nov - 25th Dec 2022
nish6474 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 11:05   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Whats the use of all the headache and time invested by few guys to get introductory price for Z8L.
Price protection is the only benefit for booking Z8L early and managing to bear the headache. However, those booking Z8 with intro price will have to still manage the headache for few more months.
MnM have not declared the escalated prices for non-intro bookings as of now, but it seems the deliveries are already scheduled for them. How does MnM expect the subscribers to manage the funds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post

Whereas some other guy who just casually booked a Z8L and will receive their ScorpioN at pretty much the same time before price hike if lucky.
Orelse maybe Mahindra planning for a price hike next month.
There is one more angle to the point, many who did not want the first lot or delivery in CY 2022, also might have done the booking in such a way to avoid a too much delayed delivery. Even such members will be getting deliveries early, which seems to be a catch for them too.

If all the bookings for Z8Ls (introductory and many of the non introductory priced bookings too) are fulfilled by using first lot or first two months production capacity, then there must be unutilized inventory of common components between Z8/Z8L. However, still all the Z6s/ Z8s are going to get delivered only after Jan 2023. This kind of planning is absurd. Maybe as someone pointed out that MnM want's to convert bookings from Z8s to Z8L to have better margins or also convert XUV700s bookings to Z8Ls considering better margins in Z8Ls and also to reduce the que in XUVs by promising early delivery. If MnM doesn't want us to buy Z8s then, why to launch the model at all?

Last edited by rooster.ram : 6th September 2022 at 11:17. Reason: correction and addition.
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 11:28   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
If MnM doesn't want us to buy Z8s then, why to launch the model at all?
Z8L (2L ex-showroom premium) = Z8 + Rear Parking sensors & camera + Driver Drowsiness Detection + Sony 3D Immersive Audio + Early delivery guarantee - Lost customer trust !!

Sadly, some of us hadn't figured out the hidden things in the premium pricing.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 12:05   #435

Hi,

My first TBHP post. Would like to thank the platform and its members for such insightful information on all things cars. Was happy to see my non-price protected booking finally updated with delivery information to be quickly disappointed to see delivery dates between 6th Mar- 5th Apr 2023. This is after booking at 11:15 AM on 30th July (definitely late by fastest fingers first competition). So I am not sure if all Z8L buyers (especially non price protected) might be getting preference. I will have to look at the brighter side of things like getting a vehicle in 2023, hopefully niggle-free, extra time to arrange for funds, a possible better 3rd row etc. all for some escalation in cost.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20220906-11.41.43-am.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks