Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2022, 18:45   #481
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Ok, no there is not. I am currently paying back an SBI auto loan, and there is no part payment fees.
I believe it is, if repayment is done in the first six months of loan disbursement.
Old 10th September 2022, 19:05   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
I believe it is, if repayment is done in the first six months of loan disbursement.
Paid a substantial amount in the first three months as part payment. Also confirmed with my loan advisor from SBI - no part payment charges.

Last edited by acquillew : 10th September 2022 at 19:34.
Old 10th September 2022, 19:23   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Paid a substantial amount in the first three months as part payment. Also confirmed with my load advisor from SBI - no part payment charges.
Well I have recently availed a car loan from SBI and this is what I was told. I will confirm with them again . Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 19:33   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Just checked the insurance quote from HDFC Ergo for my Z8L D AT 4x4 with all required optional add ons which comes to 90k including GST. For similar policy dealer has quoted 1.42L. IDV is considered as 23.38L.
Thanks for sharing. Under the section - vehicle own damage, should we opt for the below?

Engine and gear box protector
Tire secure for private car

Excluding the above two, I have a proposal from HDFC for INR 79246 and the IDV is also same.
Old 10th September 2022, 19:48   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Dealership are asking unrealistic prices for insurance because of the high demand of their vehicles. Plus accessories which have high markup. Same accessories can be bought from m2all.com for nearly Rs 1000 less.
In the quote i received from my SA, there was mention of 15k worth of accessories. Not sure what is covered in it. If something like rubber mats, mud flaps etc is added, then better to opt out some of them and go after market or m2all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Thanks for sharing. Under the section - vehicle own damage, should we opt for the below?

Tire secure for private car

Excluding the above two, I have a proposal from HDFC for INR 79246 and the IDV is also same.
The amount i mentioned is along with the above 2 optional items. If vehicle standard and extended warranty covers everything related to engine and gearbox and if you do not live in an area prone to water logging, that may not be required. I think tire secure is about covering tires in case of an accident.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 20:43   #486

Hello Friends, It is my first post here and I just joined. I had booked a Scorpio N Z8L D 4Xplor White and it was price protected booking within first 25000 bookings. Now booking process has moved ahead fast and the dealer contacted me to move forward with payment and paperwork for delivery between 28th September and 11th October 2022. However, due to personal reasons, I prefer to obtain it at any point of time after 2 months time i.e. mid-November onwards. The dealer mentioned that it is possible that he will allocate the current vehicle allocated to me to the next in queue and based on my needs he will allocate me a vehicle in the next allocation while keeping me price protected (next allocation being undefined), which they will confirm to me in writing as well over email.

Thus, I am at crossroads, should I go ahead and enter such as the other option of canceling and re-booking surely places me at the end of queue.

Has anyone went through such a scenario and is there anything specific I should be careful about?
Old 10th September 2022, 21:16   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post

Tire secure for private .
Always go for engine protector in insurance. It is a MUST HAVE. Few days back, my swift had an underbody hit and sump oil leaked and engine siezed. It is unlikely to happen with ScorpioN, but you never know. All vehicle related unfortunate events happen to me .
Arinmech is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 00:47   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinmech View Post
Always go for engine protector in insurance. It is a MUST HAVE. Few days back, my swift had an underbody hit and sump oil leaked and engine siezed. It is unlikely to happen with ScorpioN, but you never know. All vehicle related unfortunate events happen to me .
Thanks Arinmech for this information. So far I included this Engine protection add on, and this year I was thinking to exclude it. I'd certainly keep this add-on while renewing the insurance for my Swift next month since I travel a lot through bad roads. However, Engine protection add-on is not available for all insurance companies (at least for the older cars).

To all: Please do not forget to have the Return To Invoice (RTI) add-on also.

And there is no exceptional demand for the Scorpio N. Otherwise they would have increased the prices. Till date no news of price hike. The discounts are slowly returning. The lower variants of XUV 700 are now easily available. And I am getting phonecalls frequently for the Thar! Earlier there used to be no response to TD request. It seems we are just off the peak demand and things will be easing up soon. These dates of Aug-Nov, 2024 are just indicative. For example: A standard lead time clause of semiconductor deliveries for 14-18 months are forcing the manufacturers to indicate the expected delivery date in August, 2024. Just pray there is no Force Majeure anymore.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 09:49   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSupremo View Post
The dealer mentioned that it is possible that he will allocate the current vehicle allocated to me to the next in queue and based on my needs he will allocate me a vehicle in the next allocation while keeping me price protected (next allocation being undefined), which they will confirm to me in writing as well over email.
AFAIK, booking queue is managed by MnM directly and they are directly billing the car for you. If you are refusing the allocation then you may be thrown at the end of the queue. It is explained somewhere on the forum by someone having similar experience for XUV700 bookings.
It is better to get in touch with MnM directly and not believe what dealer has to say.
Old 11th September 2022, 10:19   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
AFAIK, booking queue is managed by MnM directly and they are directly billing the car for you. If you are refusing the allocation then you may be thrown at the end of the queue. It is explained somewhere on the forum by someone having similar experience for XUV700 bookings.
It is better to get in touch with MnM directly and not believe what dealer has to say.
As per my discussion with SA, vehicle is billed to the dealer who will then bill the customer. The job of the dealer has remained to only give deliveries to the customer. Similar thing happened to one of my neighbour who had booked XUV700 in jan this year and was given oct 2023 date but got the vehicle in May 2022 itself owing to a cancellation for similar variant. So dealer still has that control to allocate vehicles.
rahulya007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 10:48   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
As per my discussion with SA, vehicle is billed to the dealer who will then bill the customer. The job of the dealer has remained to only give deliveries to the customer. Similar thing happened to one of my neighbour who had booked XUV700 in jan this year and was given oct 2023 date but got the vehicle in May 2022 itself owing to a cancellation for similar variant. So dealer still has that control to allocate vehicles.
Who decides the next in queue?
In case of cancellation is ok to allocate to next in queue, but what about delaying delivery. What MnM is doing is, they are billing particular vehicle for direct customer, and as you said dealer's job is only to give deliveries to customer. In case of cancellation by someone in queue, it can be allocated to next one only if we know the next one in queue. Thats where transparency comes into picture. There are cases where dealers are charging premium for early deliveries.

In case of Scorpio N, dealers don't even know who all are there in queue and the sequence too. In such a case if they are given job of managing queue, then we should be ready for a free ride.
Old 11th September 2022, 11:23   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
And there is no exceptional demand for the Scorpio N. Otherwise they would have increased the prices. Till date no news of price hike.
I will agree that demand for scorpio many not be similar to XUV. However, one of the benefit of Mahindra not increasing the price is that it will save some money on road tax. If they increase the price, even the price protected ones will have to pay road tax on increased prices.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 11:45   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Who decides the next in queue?
In case of cancellation is ok to allocate to next in queue, but what about delaying delivery. What MnM is doing is, they are billing particular vehicle for direct customer, and as you said dealer's job is only to give deliveries to customer. In case of cancellation by someone in queue, it can be allocated to next one only if we know the next one in queue. Thats where transparency comes into picture. There are cases where dealers are charging premium for early deliveries.

In case of Scorpio N, dealers don't even know who all are there in queue and the sequence too. In such a case if they are given job of managing queue, then we should be ready for a free ride.
My last sentence was not a statement but a possibility and i might have missed a word there. But what you said is correct and dealer may not be able to do the allocation without understanding the next in queue but he may be getting a list of possible allocations in a certain time period.

Mahindra changing the way of booking and overall process may possibly be to avoid the malpractice of dealers taking the customers for a ride.
Rather than we debating or discussing, the outcome would not be fruitful unless some confirmed information is available.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 15:27   #494
BHPian

Mine is Z8L Napoli Black. Non Introductory and booked through dealer.ETD is between 2nd Oct to 17th Oct.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20220911-3.23.51-pm.png  

Old 11th September 2022, 20:14   #495
BHPian

Add to the List my Price Protected Scorpion N Z8 D AT AWD

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20220911-7.57.58-pm.png

MY Dilemma to go for Scorpio N Z8 D AT 4WD Black in March'23 which might be preponed to Jan'23 with a 22 manufacturing Model or Safari XZA+ 6 Seater Dark with just 5 week waiting in '22 itself the only reason I am inclining for Scorpion N is the 4WD Gearbox.

Apart for that few minor pointers are
1) I found the Seat finish not so good in Scorpion N (however they are good in comfort) but again not Ventilated.

2) 3rd Row which would most be for Kids is a Little too small for Scorpio N without the option of 50:50 Split.

3) AC in 3rd Row

4) Mahindra is too Fuzzy about Aftermarket enablement of Front Camera & Sensor. Tata not so much Plenty of Aftermarket 360 Camera & Front Sensor enabled for Safari Harrier.

5) Sunroof Speaker Exposure.

MODS: If you feel it can be split into two post and attached to relevant threa, feel free.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks